PDA

View Full Version : Pretome ban for exceeding login attempts.

imnotanaddict
03-12-2011, 03:26 AM
Could a member of ptm please pm staff for me. my ip is banned for exceeding login attempts...loooong story. i have been banned for weeks and it's not resetting. I have very good standing to say the least. My user name there is " mellon ". If any questions they could send me new password and or code to my email in system. I just relocated to a different city and have'nt been able to get in, and wonder if my new ip is a red flag somehow and causing the problem. I mean seriously who gets banned for life because of "once" exceeding allowed login attempts. Any PTM member that could help me out I will return the favor somehow when I get back in.

Of course my membership in good standing can be verified in PTM. I can't even use an invite because my ip is constantly banned which make my alternatives limited. Ok I admit I have no alternatives, lol driving me friggin nuts. i have been a member there a long time.

anon
03-12-2011, 03:38 AM
Why don't you try telling them all that on their IRC channel? I doubt your IP is banned there as well.

bijoy
03-12-2011, 07:42 PM
Why don't you try telling them all that on their IRC channel? I doubt your IP is banned there as well.

or, @OP: forget pretome :P

anon
03-12-2011, 08:22 PM

Why? :ermm:

Daniel_30
03-12-2011, 08:30 PM

Oh please I'm going to die if they're don't let me log in again ... C'mon it's just piece of shit with weak layout.

wazza100
03-12-2011, 10:53 PM
^ it's a site he uses, why don't you help rather than bad mouthing the site. but to the op, go to the irc and explain the scenario, should be able to recover your account that way.

bijoy
03-13-2011, 11:30 AM

Why? :ermm:

Cause, sometimes staffers do not try to understand real mistake, and makes it misarable for that user. that's why.

whatcdfan
03-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Cause, sometimes staffers do not try to understand real mistake, and makes it misarable for that user. that's why.

Absolutely agree, why to make an ass of yourself when you have so many alternates.

anon
03-13-2011, 04:39 PM

But he hasn't even contacted their staff yet. That's the point of this thread. Would you forget about a site you've enjoyed and been a member of for years simply because their staff might act like assholes when contacted about an issue? I know I wouldn't.

wazza100
03-13-2011, 08:16 PM
^ +1