PDA

View Full Version : [SCAM WARNING] .COI.LI sites

Cabalo
03-12-2011, 08:28 PM
As many of you have already found out, or guessed, these sites are attempts to phish your login details from several other sites.

If you have registered at any of those sites using the same login details used here or at any tracker, do change them immediately.

Anyone found posting links to such sites will be permanently and irrevocably banned from FST.

Several users have already been banned for this, so don't join the list.

cibu
03-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Thanks again for helping me cabalo . I was freaking out because I tought I had some viruses of some sort and I paid for a full license at Kaspersky so I was starting to doubt the antivirus .
I was kinda dumb for registering at that coi.li website :lol: , damn curiosity .
The guys who made the scam even messed with my Facebook page :lol:

anon
03-12-2011, 08:59 PM
Melvin had posted about this scam in the open signups thread some days ago. It does warrant a separate thread, however.

What about adding that URL to the word filter here?

Edit: Cabalo, I think you made a typo. It's not ".coi.il" but ".coi.li". :)

Daniel_30
03-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Don't be panic it's just one of billions from checkyfool's domain.

chrisbeebops
03-13-2011, 01:10 AM
Use different passwords at every site to be safe. You can use a program like Keepass to generate and store a set of secure, unique passwords for each site.

http://keepass.info/

Cabalo
03-13-2011, 02:55 AM
Melvin had posted about this scam in the open signups thread some days ago. It does warrant a separate thread, however.

What about adding that URL to the word filter here?

Edit: Cabalo, I think you made a typo. It's not ".coi.il" but ".coi.li". :)
Yes, my bad. Thanks, I wouldn't have noticed.

bijoy
03-13-2011, 11:24 AM
thanks fr infrming cabalo. this thread will stop many users collectors from registering in those domains.

hunt885
03-13-2011, 01:38 PM
thanks for the info

whatcdfan
03-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Why can't these super idiots mind their own business then to get hold of other people's login details. Needless to say the attempt has touched a new low.
Thanks for the info Cabalo :)

b3owulf
03-13-2011, 04:48 PM
use different passwords at every site to be safe. You can use a program like keepass to generate and store a set of secure, unique passwords for each site.

this!
Or if you're lazy try LastPass, it's easier for less advanced users to use.

anon
03-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Or if you're lazy try LastPass, it's easier for less advanced users to use.

KeePass isn't terribly difficult to use. :unsure:

shipwreck
03-13-2011, 04:54 PM
That signature is quite something b3owulf.

On topic: Just ban the creators, their families, future kids, dogs, cats and robots from every torrent site existing.

bumrocks
03-13-2011, 05:48 PM
Where did this links show up at. Was it something that got mass emailed or something?

shipwreck
03-13-2011, 05:54 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/298326-BitTorrent-Sites-Open-for-Signup?p=3563628&viewfull=1#post3563628

anon
03-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Where did this links show up at.

They were posting that in the open signups thread all the time. It even got its own thread in the lounge. Apparently the posts have been deleted.

ca_aok
03-13-2011, 06:13 PM
For what it's worth, Keepass is actually safer. It's open source, and as such you can ensure there are no backdoors and no flaws in the encryption algorithm.

Lastpass, on the other hand, is closed source, but it's much more portable and is much easier to work with cross-platform since it syncs to the internet. The only vulnerability I've ever heard of was an XSS issue a while back which didn't let you get at the actual passwords, though you could find a list of sites people had passwords saved for.

kookwiz
03-14-2011, 01:20 PM
its israeli domain

johhny
03-14-2011, 01:24 PM
lastpass is the best :)

Cabalo
03-14-2011, 01:47 PM
its israeli domain

And you went ahead and posted it at the open signups thread.
Talk about defying a moderator's warning. :rolleyes:

So, you get what you asked for. I hope you are happy now.

Disme
03-14-2011, 02:50 PM
Use different passwords at every site to be safe. You can use a program like Keepass to generate and store a set of secure, unique passwords for each site.

That!

anon
03-14-2011, 04:34 PM
And you went ahead and posted it at the open signups thread.
Talk about defying a moderator's warning. :rolleyes:

So, you get what you asked for. I hope you are happy now.

He wasn't even right. .li is the TLD for Liechtenstein, not Israel.

Pwner101
03-15-2011, 03:07 PM
Figured I would mention here as well...
If you did signup for this douchebag of a site... The One mentioned in OP... ;)

Be sure you didn't use your email accounts password in the login password field as well.
I have seen quite a few people that use say 'bob' for their email password use 'bob' when signing up for sites like that.
With them seeing your password they are attempting to access not only your torrent sites with your username, they are accessing email accounts as well. Seen it happen to several users for over a week. They would sort their accounts on trackers out and then their passwords would be changed again... (Using Recovery method.) The users didn't know the douchebags had access to their email accounts still.

Just figured I would mention it.

shipwreck
03-15-2011, 03:26 PM
'bob'? So much stupidity deserves to be punished, those scammers are probably doing them a service.

anon
03-15-2011, 04:28 PM
'bob'? So much stupidity deserves to be punished, those scammers are probably doing them a service.

Some people are stupid with their passwords indeed, but that doesn't mean it's OK to steal their accounts.

Anyway, for those who fell for it: lesson learned the hard way.

Pwner101
03-15-2011, 04:28 PM
I wasn't saying people's passwords are bob... I was giving you an example ;)

Those guys are quite funny on that site btw...
They were using someones account and I kept banning them within 30 seconds of them signing into the account again.
I even resorted to changing this 1 users password and emailing him telling him to contact us on irc or recover...
1 minute later the .il guy was back on the site again thats when I seen they were using the guys email account as well.

BTW whoever said the guys are from .il is correct at least based on the ip's I have seen used on anyone's accounts.

Evolution26
03-16-2011, 10:39 PM
Hi cabalo!

Thanks for the info Cabalo

Cabalo
03-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Hi cabalo!

Thanks for the info Cabalo

Hey revolution26!
Back again after I disabled your last account due to scam issues ?

Progressive
03-18-2011, 12:29 AM
Thanks for your interest