PDA

View Full Version : Blackcats-Games Paypal Issues

EyeCandy
03-21-2011, 10:06 PM
Obviously English is not stoi's native language...cause even though that post on the main page was 2 pages long...I didn't understand anything....

Cabalo
03-21-2011, 10:11 PM
Wtf are you talking about ? :blink:

EyeCandy
03-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Uhh, go to blackcats-games.net, and check out the front page....hence the topic of my thread, and content of my first post

fstemon
03-21-2011, 10:24 PM

ElitUser
03-21-2011, 10:49 PM
can you copy paste the news here, so I can read it.

anon
03-21-2011, 10:53 PM
can you copy paste the news here, so I can read it.

I ask for the same. I'm not a member on BCG, and I'd like to see what you're talking about, EyeCandy.

Hombre
03-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Here it is:

Show/Hide Mar-21-11 - Paypal Problems, prize draw, and we need your help - (stoi)
long version and comments http://www.blackcats-games.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=48689

general gist of this.

1: Paypal email, as we accept donations, to provide proof we are a charity, tax returns, bank statements etc, but as we are not a charity, impossible to do, if we dont within 7 days, the account could be restricted/closed.

2. Moment of panic, after receieving email, sent the hosts cash for 2 months server fees, up until June 1st (so at least the site should be safe till then) but this did mean paying it with what I had planned for the prize raw amount, luckily i never put an amount on the prize draw yet, but as you can imagine thats back down to 0 (it will still get drawn, and we didnt have enough in to draw it anyway, and now i have 0 in paypal with paying 2 months server fees)

3. It would be advisable if you didnt donate for a week or 2, you still can if you wish (or donate on the blog, more of this in a minute) but you wont get the benefits on the blog (and there isnt a donate link yet anyway, but there will be), its just incase they do close the account, which is a worst case scenario.

4: the blog can be found http://www.blackcats-games.net/blog/ It is integrated to the tracker, but you do need to to logout of the tracker, log back into the tracker, go to the blog and log in to that as well, but it should remember your pass from the tracker, we need lots of entries as it needs to look like its been up for 7 years (and we have about 4 days to make it look like that.

5. Blog entries and comments do not need to be essays, but also they need to be a bit more than 1000 entries by the same member of +1, so try to get creative.

6. No mention at all of P2P, Filesharing, Bittorrent, Trackers, Modded consoles, etc etc, try to keep the blogs as legit as you can please, if paypal do go snooping in them deeper, i dont want them to find something they can close our account down for.

7. The blog is a dummy site which we will lead paypal to, they wont see the tracker and the forum at all, we obviously will not be opening up for a bit either because of this. (but it wont be closed forever).

Thanks in advance to everyone that helps out with this, it is quite a big task, but with 38,000 tracker members, I am sure we can do it.

PS: this probably turned out to be a longer read than the forum thread.
long version and comments http://www.blackcats-games.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=48689

general gist of this.

1: Paypal email, as we accept donations, to provide proof we are a charity, tax returns, bank statements etc, but as we are not a charity, impossible to do, if we dont within 7 days, the account could be restricted/closed.

2. Moment of panic, after receieving email, sent the hosts cash for 2 months server fees, up until June 1st (so at least the site should be safe till then) but this did mean paying it with what I had planned for the prize raw amount, luckily i never put an amount on the prize draw yet, but as you can imagine thats back down to 0 (it will still get drawn, and we didnt have enough in to draw it anyway, and now i have 0 in paypal with paying 2 months server fees)

3. It would be advisable if you didnt donate for a week or 2, you still can if you wish (or donate on the blog, more of this in a minute) but you wont get the benefits on the blog (and there isnt a donate link yet anyway, but there will be), its just incase they do close the account, which is a worst case scenario.

4: the blog can be found http://www.blackcats-games.net/blog/ It is integrated to the tracker, but you do need to to logout of the tracker, log back into the tracker, go to the blog and log in to that as well, but it should remember your pass from the tracker, we need lots of entries as it needs to look like its been up for 7 years (and we have about 4 days to make it look like that.

5. Blog entries and comments do not need to be essays, but also they need to be a bit more than 1000 entries by the same member of +1, so try to get creative.

6. No mention at all of P2P, Filesharing, Bittorrent, Trackers, Modded consoles, etc etc, try to keep the blogs as legit as you can please, if paypal do go snooping in them deeper, i dont want them to find something they can close our account down for.

7. The blog is a dummy site which we will lead paypal to, they wont see the tracker and the forum at all, we obviously will not be opening up for a bit either because of this. (but it wont be closed forever).

Thanks in advance to everyone that helps out with this, it is quite a big task, but with 38,000 tracker members, I am sure we can do it.

PS: this probably turned out to be a longer read than the forum thread.

Show/Hide Mar-15-11 - Japan Earthquake and Tsunami - (justincase)
We at Blackcats-Games would like to extend our hearts to all those in Japan affected in anyway by the recent earthquake and tsunami. What i've seen of it has been unbelievable and almost surreal. We hope that all of our Japanese cat brethren are safe and sound.

We have also been asked about our Staff members located in Japan, TSFTD and Pezby, and are extremely relieved to report that they are both alright.

Discussion on the matter can be found here: http://www.blackcats-games.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=48639&hl=

Take care, everyone.

anon
03-21-2011, 11:23 PM
What I understood: apparently their PayPal account will be closed if they don't provide proof of being something other than a game piracy tracker. Therefore, they've opted to disguise the site as a gaming blog, and they have four days to make it look like said blog has been online for seven years, with no mentions of P2P, torrents, modded consoles or anything "dubious" whatsoever.

Also, the staff's hearts go to the people affected by the recent Japanese tsunami.

roland
03-22-2011, 12:34 AM
Maybe they should just open a new account.

When/how did paypal catch on anyway?.

merwais
03-22-2011, 01:00 AM
They can go to Alertpay / fundrazr.com / plimus.com
Hell, there are too many to go after. if paypal closed, go after fundrazr.com, they are best for torrent sites think.

Hope BCG owner solve the issue soon and keep the great tracker online.

EyeCandy
03-22-2011, 01:06 AM
Everyone contribute to the blog

http://www.blackcats-games.net/blog/

Logically, I dont see this working....

Cut-Copy-Paste
03-22-2011, 03:10 AM
They can go to Alertpay / fundrazr.com / plimus.com
Hell, there are too many to go after. if paypal closed, go after fundrazr.com, they are best for torrent sites think.

Hope BCG owner solve the issue soon and keep the great tracker online.

Most people use paypal for money transfer. Going to other service means clumsiness for people to transfer money to new account.

So paypal decided to send advance notice for it? Since the balance is 0 now just kill the account and make a new1? And how exactly creating a blog will satisfy the charity thing?

stoi
03-22-2011, 10:31 AM
Didnt take long to show up on here did it.

1: English is my native language, not my fault you cant read it. ( I had just woke up when I wrote it though and had my kids screaming at me to put a barbie movie on for them, on my PC, so i was a bit pre-occupied at the time).

2: This happened to another tracker last year, they created another site with gaming servers stats etc, and they got away with it, the blog is not to satisfy the charity thing, but because we accept donations they think we are a charity, we obviously are not a charity and we cant exactly make them an account on BCG for them to see what we do, so its a dummy site, which will hopefully.

3: iits pointless putting the link on here because you have to be a member to bloody see the thing anyway.

4: eyecandy, you are just a fucking idiot, nuff said.

anon
03-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Cheers stoi, hope you guys can make it (and that the PayPal guys don't see this thread, heh).

If the blog must look like it's been running for a long time, then you may want to edit the datestamps on the articles...

ElitUser
03-22-2011, 04:40 PM
I read your news here and understood clearly what you are trying to say to your site members and I don't face any difficulty to read or understand your news post.

I see here some member of this site also in other Thread leave a comment like " your English is poor " " you are noob in English " something like this and in that case I understand very clearly that the person who wrote this comment is very poor in English and his/her native language definitely not English, because if a person is good in English or English is native language to him/her then they never write a comment like this.

EyeCandy
03-22-2011, 05:07 PM
I read your news here and understood clearly what you are trying to say to your site members and I don't face any difficulty to read or understand your news post.

I see here some member of this site also in other Thread leave a comment like " your English is poor " " you are noob in English " something like this and in that case I understand very clearly that the person who wrote this comment is very poor in English and his/her native language definitely not English, because if a person is good in English or English is native language to him/her then they never write a comment like this.

Get, off your knees...its embarrassing....

waffler
03-22-2011, 05:34 PM
I'd been a member of BCG for a short while, had a crappy connection then, and so my account died of inactivity. But, from what I saw, it seemed like a very good site. Best of luck stoi !

Also, stoi, why stick with paypal ? Alertpay is used by a lot many sites out there.

EyeCandy
03-22-2011, 05:40 PM
I'd been a member of BCG for a short while, had a crappy connection then, and so my account died of inactivity. But, from what I saw, it seemed like a very good site. Best of luck stoi !

Looking at your signature...you still do...

And thats on my wireless laptop in the house, while utorrent is fully running on the desktop, while streaming on my PS3

Fiber Optic Internet is the future...

waffler
03-22-2011, 05:43 PM

And how does your opinion matter anyway.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1215004253.png

And thats on my wireless laptop in the house, while utorrent is fully running on the desktop, while streaming on my PS3

I couldn't care less.

anon
03-22-2011, 05:56 PM
Denigrating someone because of a speed test? Seriously? :huh:

Anyway, man_utd, BCG has SP so you could have made it with a crappy connection by seeding enough. :)

waffler
03-22-2011, 05:59 PM
anon, I don't really play video games, so its alright :)

stoi
03-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Well i am not a member of any other trackers, so i havnt got a clue what others use (i have an idea now though cheers). the blog was a rush job, we just wanted to get it up and get some posts in it, it definately doesnt look like we will get 7 years full of posts though, but we tried, but i have put a new theme on which looks a lot better, a translate mod with 58 languages, a server online status mod, so its getting there slowly. If it fails it fails, but at least we tried something lol ans it may be useful for the future to keep on the site as well.

Radon0r
03-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Cheers stoi, hope you guys can make it (and that the PayPal guys don't see this thread, heh)

My feeling and thought exactly. I haven't been on the site very long or used it very much, but I hate to see torrent sites go down, especially popular and long-lasting ones. Best of luck.

A
03-22-2011, 09:05 PM
Stoi, won't it better to ask a mod to delete or hide this thread? I mean, it would suck if they found out this thread through google and decides to terminate your account.

stan
03-22-2011, 10:24 PM
If Paypal went looking for threads like this every tracker would have closed years ago.

Appreciate the intention though.

Daniel_30
03-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Hey guys don't worry about these things, at least the BCG's admin is a man enough to find out solutions if something wrong is happened.

roland
03-23-2011, 02:26 AM
So what happens if this doesn't work?.The site shuts down?.

thedemon44
03-23-2011, 04:17 AM
We cry. And then find another tracker to replace it as has happened in the past with other trackers, and will happen again in the future.

I hope this gets sorted in a positive way.

Cut-Copy-Paste
03-23-2011, 05:36 AM

HIghly Oftopic

To best of my knowledge the speedtest of man_utd is of office or school/college since NIB is run under NIXI which does not provide resident broadband service

And Eyecandy come 2 my city lay down fiber optic i will use it. Ok?

EDIT : Since this has noting related to thread all future replies were send 2 men_utd in PM

waffler
03-23-2011, 06:00 AM
Off topic but,

Cut-Copy-Paste, that speed test is from my residential ISP.

bijoy
03-23-2011, 12:17 PM

HIghly Oftopic

To best of my knowledge the speedtest of man_utd is of office or school/college since NIB is run under NIXI which does not provide resident broadband service

As far as I know NIB also offers residential broadband connection (if you call that broadband ;) )

ElitUser
03-23-2011, 01:21 PM
Off topic but,

Cut-Copy-Paste, that speed test is from my residential ISP.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1188811433.png

Monaco
03-23-2011, 09:37 PM
It seems like way too much work just to keep using PayPal, particularly if there is no expected forfeiture of funds. Besides, based on the request PayPal made to prove charity status, I can't imagine why they would accept a quick look at a blog to explain a few hundred dollars in donations from all corners of the world each month. I mean, there are thousands of blogs, including those covering gaming, that survive without donations.

Good luck working it out.

EyeCandy
03-23-2011, 09:57 PM
^ Yea a blog doesn't look like a bank statement with charity or the IRS paperwork that they are requesting

In case no one knows the url has been changed to http://www.blackcatgames.com/

anon
03-23-2011, 11:16 PM

So it's a fake forum instead of a blog now? In that case, I must say they did a good job, there are tons of threads going back to 2003.

colbert
03-24-2011, 03:23 AM
It's worth it to try and keep PayPal. Most everyone has used it and trusts the service.

waffler
03-24-2011, 03:56 AM
They've certainly done a good job on the forum.

fstemon
03-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Good luck. ;)

EyeCandy
03-24-2011, 01:18 PM
http://marketmynovel.com/images/Dont-Feed-the-Trolls.png

Monaco
03-24-2011, 02:27 PM
^ Yea a blog doesn't look like a bank statement with charity or the IRS paperwork that they are requesting

Stoi said in the thread on BCG that he had no idea what that site was. It is completely unrelated to the torrent tracker.

stoi
03-24-2011, 03:58 PM

Stoi said in the thread on BCG that he had no idea what that site was. It is completely unrelated to the torrent tracker.

Thankyou, its amazing on the net how things can get misinterpreted (accidently or on purpose).

that site has nothing to do with us at all, and i didnt even know it existed till 2 days ago (so we didnt copy the name or anything when i made the site).

CPC464
03-27-2011, 01:00 PM
The problems not the fact BCG accepts donations its the way they accept them.

To be asked to provide proof that they are a charity would suggest the have set up their accounts to accept payment as actual donations.

Donations are exempt from Paypal fees and cant be disputed.

If BCG were just accepting payments through a business account and standing the paypal fees, we wouldn't be posting in this thread now.

Paypal probably take a hard line with websites / businesses etc pretending to be a charity to avoid fees.

Setting up a blog may show the site is doing anythng illegal and help avoid problems other trackers have had with paypal, but it certainly wont convince them to allow BCG to accept non feeable donations.

BCG should just let the current PP account die and set up a new normal account and take the fees like the rest of us do when selling on ebay etc

EyeCandy
03-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Yea because selling on ebay and running, an illegal tracker is the same thing

CPC464
03-27-2011, 01:50 PM

Read the post dickhead, are you totally stupid, First you say stoi's post wasn't in English and then you misread mine. I think you must have problems reading.

My post says they should use a normal account where fees apply like we all have to do, Not set up as a charity.

The way BCG and other trackers accept payments is, or should be the same as us selling on ebay

Are you too stupid to realise accepting donations on an illegal tracker isn't the same as collecting donations to help starving children in Africa etc

Paypay rightfully don't charge a fee for the latter

If you are really too lazy to read posts or just too dumb to understand them you really shouldn't be replying.

Back to play school in the morning hey!

Markociv1
03-27-2011, 03:26 PM

What was your nick on BCG when you still had an account?

stoi
03-27-2011, 03:39 PM
We are not set up as a charity, and we do pay fees on every donation, so i am not trying to pull a fast one over paypal by claiming to be a charity, i have never claimed to be a charity.

CPC464
03-27-2011, 04:21 PM
We are not set up as a charity, and we do pay fees on every donation, so i am not trying to pull a fast one over paypal by claiming to be a charity, i have never claimed to be a charity.

Very strange that paypal would require proof that your a charity, im sure its not agianst any rules at ask for members of a websites, forum or blogs etc to donate towards server costs etc and also to have prize draws.

in that case I feel that telling paypal your a games blog site and not a charity. Donations are made by members to help with running costs etc should work fine.

Only problem I see is that in my experiance dealing with paypal, they never seem to listen or use common sense. while answers seem very robotic or maybe even cut & paste.

EyeCandy
03-27-2011, 08:53 PM

What was your nick on BCG when you still had an account?

Don't worry about it, I still have an account Blackcats-Games..How do you think I created the thread with in house information, stoi's the one that gave me an invite...(I've been around before the SP days and before the '.net' days, basically had an account WAAAY before I had an account here)

and CPC464, you are an idiot...stoi has made that clear that assumptions get you nowhere, but make you look like an ass

scrappen
03-28-2011, 03:17 PM
Very strange that paypal would require proof that your a charity, im sure its not agianst any rules at ask for members of a websites, forum or blogs etc to donate towards server costs etc and also to have prize draws.

in that case I feel that telling paypal your a games blog site and not a charity. Donations are made by members to help with running costs etc should work fine.

Only problem I see is that in my experiance dealing with paypal, they never seem to listen or use common sense. while answers seem very robotic or maybe even cut & paste.

PayPal requesting "proof" of different kinds for accounts related to donations on a torrent site is not a new phenomenon. Them freezing accounts until sufficient proof of this or that has been presented caused severe downtimes during SceneLife's last year, and was later the reason for downtimes at SceneXpress (and ultimately the reason for it's demise). They just kept making one excuse after another for freezing your account again and again. It has also caused problems on numerous other sites but i named these ones as examples because i used to staff there and know first hand what happened.

It's easy for critics to say that only someone with half a brain would stick to PayPal as their means of accepting donations. But it's not as trivial as it may seem for a small site to change to an alternative service and convince their members that this new payment service is worth signing up to (if nothing else, only to support your site). You would end up going from already low donations to getting close to none.

serpents
04-19-2011, 11:21 PM
So...what happened?.did paypal accept it?.