PDA

View Full Version : Do u believe in supernatural activities ?

Evelyn
03-24-2011, 10:29 PM
Although i don't believe in the supernatural gonks, there is some incident happened with me 2-3 days back im little confused about.

I was working on a tight delivery scheduled for a client and was deeply concentrated on my work (location my home studio, the most peaceful room in my apartment, a penthouse). It was around 3:00am or so i felt that someone clapped behind me, might be a 1ft or 2ft, but just right behind me. I though it was my partner & shouted on her, thinking she might have woke up to disturb me. When i turned back no one was there, i stood up from the chair & searched her (i thought he might be hiding behind the door, but she was not there).
But actually she was sleeping, in fact in deep sleep :wacko:

then what was the chapping sound i just heard ???
being my this studio room, i made it kind of sound proof & nothing has broken in my home, no cats no dogs only 2 living beings me & my partner.

next morning when i told the scene to my partner she got scared & started reciting all the supernatural things shez seen in discovery channel and even insisting to change our apartment :angry:

I generally work late night & im doing that from last 7-8years & i don't have any kind of belief or anything in supernatural things. even i got out in the terrace for smoke many time throughout the night.
I was thinking its some kind of hallucination from my side as i have slept almost 4hours in that last 72hrs due to tight schedules.

what you you guys think about the situation ???
just wanted to know your reaction and may be a mathematical reason of me being hearing that clapping sound. As still i am little confused, somewhere, not able to justify the scenario what happened that night :blink:.

bigboab
03-24-2011, 11:34 PM
I think you have pointed to the cause. Sleep deprivatation. Lack of sleep can do strange things with your imagination.:)

clocker
03-25-2011, 12:39 AM
Let's face it, if someone crept up behind you at 3 am and clapped...well, that would be a dick move.
If I thought the afterlife was going to be acting like a douchebag to unsuspecting meatsacks, I's prefer not to believe in it.

Evelyn
03-25-2011, 01:14 AM
Let's face it, if someone crept up behind you at 3 am and clapped...well, that would be a dick move.
If I thought the afterlife was going to be acting like a douchebag to unsuspecting meatsacks, I's prefer not to believe in it.
all went over my head .... can you repeat it in simple language please.

KFlint
03-25-2011, 02:09 AM
Anything is possible, I occasionally do spontaneous astral travels, I fell my spirit coming out of my body and then I end up in an whole other location. This is nothing like a dream, you are perfectly awake. Usually happen between 3 and 5 am, our spirit is more susceptible of perceiving those kind of things during the time of the night when there is more REM sleep.

So what happened to you, no idea, but science can't explain everything. There is so much we have no clue about so we have to keep an open mind on those things and not be afraid of them.

Evelyn
03-25-2011, 02:36 AM
i have seen a movie "the fourth kind" 2yrs back or so, its a documentary based on real footage/recorded facts.
Stil, its very hard to accept some things. but yes, im quite sure, for me, its the reason is unbalanced state of mind :)
KFlint, the Senario you are telling is like trance mode. Going in trance is a natural process of healthy mind, its a state of deep meditation only achievable by a tension-free mind. and if you aren't joking in above post & can really do that..... you are a very strong personality.

KFlint
03-25-2011, 03:29 AM
I'm serious, it never happened to me before I actually went to see an energy healer because of a disease I have and there was no treatment for it so I decided to try it. My health is getting better now and after a couple of sessions those strange out of body experiences started occurring, it's pretty cool. I was skeptical because I saw a couple of those "healers" who didn't do squat and this one is really something. I see life a bit differently after that and would like to have more answers really.

Evelyn
03-25-2011, 06:13 AM
u have to be ghost to rape them :P
Humans cant touch them & can't feel them if they dont want, but yes ghost can touch, slap, broke your mirror, blow off you candle, bring sudden storm & heavy rain to your apartment only, always wear new shiny white clothes, will have dirty big nails, blood dripping from mouth, two extra ordinary bigger teeth, etc
lol :naughty:

but we are not talking about ghost. we are talking about existence or non-existence of something or someone or might be something hidden consciousness inside human mind, might be good, may be bad, depending on the chemical composition of a hums brain.
think of a human mind affected by highly biochemical imbalances & became top class psycho, who dig graves & do sex with dead bodies.. yukk.... just an example of the extent of a human mind.

bigboab
03-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Do not say anything to your partner about this, if she ever mentions later that something similar is happening to her then you will have independant verification that something strange is happening. Might have something to do with the soundproofing of your apartment. If not, wear a pair of those intercontinental pants, that will save money on the laundering.:)

03-25-2011, 04:33 PM
all went over my head .... can you repeat it in simple language please.

For once, I agree with Clocky.

In simple language, why would you want to believe in ghosts or something supernatural if it has nothing better to do with its time than try to scare you?

If there was something that survived death, wouldn't it have more important and interesting things to do than to try to make scary noises while a human was trying to get to sleep?

mjmacky
03-25-2011, 04:59 PM
If there was something that survived death, wouldn't it have more important and interesting things to do than to try to make scary noises while a human was trying to get to sleep?
You mean like watch Fox News afterlife edition? How the hippy earthbound spirits are conspiring against the right to bear arms, literally, cause ghosts don't have any fucking arms!

clocker
03-25-2011, 05:02 PM
...cause ghosts don't have any fucking arms!
If they can clap, then clearly they do.

mjmacky
03-25-2011, 05:05 PM
...cause ghosts don't have any fucking arms!
It wasn't a clap, it was the sound of its dick hitting the floor. No-armed ghosts can't masturbate, so they must rape the living.

Evelyn
03-25-2011, 06:56 PM
wear a pair of those intercontinental pants, that will save money on the laundering.:)
I dont have :P,
should i buy one& keep for the invisible who clapped :D

It wasn't a clap, it was the sound of its dick hitting the floor. No-armed ghosts can't masturbate, so they must rape the living.

ha ha ha ,,....

mjmacky
03-28-2011, 05:18 PM
Well since there are particular individuals that don't appreciate a Robot Chicken reference, let me lose the courtesies and get really serious for a second.

I occasionally do spontaneous astral travels, I fell my spirit coming out of my body and then I end up in an whole other location. This is nothing like a dream, you are perfectly awake. Usually happen between 3 and 5 am, our spirit is more susceptible of perceiving those kind of things during the time of the night when there is more REM sleep.
The mind has an amazing way of allowing us to believe in absolute fantasy as a matter of fact. It does this by allowing us to compartmentalize fact or reality that we are aware of, and suppress its plausible influence of dissuading a fantasy we want to believe exists. It's this ability of our creative mind that allows for spiritual beliefs, supernatural, and other such nonsense. The same creativity is responsible for invention, innovation and problem solving in situations where we lack information, and in the context of biology, it benefits our species. The important key here, is that with invention/innovation, we connect the creative thought process with rationality.

The continued belief in god(s), ghosts, spirits, santa claus, witches, onibaba, the zombie apocalypse, etc. are completely devoid of rational thought. It was much easier to maintain rationality and belief in such nonsense when the information was lacking. However, to aver such beliefs in our age of information would imply that you are actively ignoring obvious truths (that you are actually aware of) or have managed to impressively remain ignorant of all modern knowledge. In nearly all cases, it is the former that is occurring. The reasons for completely ignoring information in order to continue believing in some fantasy always exists on a personal level from my observations. However, most of it can be connected to the way we were influenced to believe in fantasy as reality since we were children.

I'm serious, it never happened to me before I actually went to see an energy healer because of a disease I have and there was no treatment for it so I decided to try it. My health is getting better now and after a couple of sessions those strange out of body experiences started occurring, it's pretty cool. I was skeptical because I saw a couple of those "healers" who didn't do squat and this one is really something. I see life a bit differently after that and would like to have more answers really.
If you want to have a baseless belief in some bogus "treatment" (or if you paid for it, scam) because it makes you feel better, the consequences remain on you. However, have some personal responsibility and avoid designing a testimonial of the supernatural. What makes it dangerous is that many others are as gullible as you, and may worsen their health or prematurely lose their lives because they seek some bogus treatment in lieu of modern medicine. It would seem preposterous that they would do that, but their irrational beliefs get reinforced by people like you who just spew out this nonsense with no actual evidence. You essentially create the notion of evidence by swearing by your own fanatical beliefs, in an attempt to recruit others, so that they can reinforce your belief. It's the same way religions get started, just on a smaller scale.

Maybe it all balances out. The creative thought process, when disconnected from rational thought, thins out populations. On the other hand, when it is used to amplify rational thought, allows us to survive in greater numbers and longer. It's a double edged sword. I could really care less what happens to people who choose to maintain a certain level of ignorance, if you're that inept I say the consequence is for you to own. However, I know everyone truly wants to remain healthy, and survive, so to avoid pointing this out to you would be an act of cruelty on my part. So there you go.

Evelyn
03-29-2011, 02:26 AM
@mjmacky
may be the "energy healer" KFlint has mentioned is something as a psudo Reiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reiki) which are true & proven to give benefit.

bigboab
03-29-2011, 07:34 AM
@mjmacky
may be the "energy healer" KFlint has mentioned is something as a psudo Reiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reiki) which are true & proven to give benefit.

What kind of benefit has been proven? It is all in the mind, like the original spirits. If it works your local doctor would be using it.

mjmacky
03-29-2011, 07:13 PM
@mjmacky
So here is a line quoted directly from the link you just sent me:

A 2008 systematic review of randomised clinical trials[4] concluded that "the evidence is insufficient to suggest that reiki is an effective treatment for any condition."
and this is their source: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1742-1241.2008.01729.x

mjmacky
04-08-2011, 11:17 AM
supernatureal things do exists, i think so.....but soon time will come science will prove it will logic...such things happens to a person which is in deep concentration to something..."so many mouths so many word" regarding this. best to wait and see what modern science can prove.

More baseless and hopeful speech. Scientific method is based on what can be observed, however claims of anything spiritual/supernatural have either been falsified/mistaken or internalized. The falsified/mistaken claims have always reinforced the internalized belief, which then gets fed back to create more falsified/mistaken observations. This would be the reason you can't really test this.

The other aspect of this is that "modern science" is performed by the smarter individuals of our race, and by bast majority they're smart enough to disconnect from fantasy and wasting money. That's not to say there aren't people out there trying to prove the existence of god, but they're running backwards. All of modern science today has explained the mysteries that we always just chucked off as "work of the divine". Divine beings have always been there as a sort of variable, a crutch, to be defined later. However, since 'x' has existed so long and developed quite a following, not everyone can accept that 'x' isn't real, that it's just an abstract temporary explanation until a real line of reasoning can be discovered. So what is actually happening is completely opposite to what you're suggesting.