PDA

View Full Version : any thebox staffers arround?

tespar
03-25-2011, 10:45 PM
hi,is any staffer from thebox here? i am asking here since my account was disabled today....i went on irc to talk with them,but they said i cheated and was banned instantly ,they said something about "xtremespeedz fail"
firstly i thought they were making fun of me,and tried to reconnect from a different ip to talk with them,same thing happened,they dont even let me explain,or ask me anything....
i know that is their site,their rules,but jeez that one was one of my used accounts
i used 2 seedboxes,one from USA and one from europe (hetzner i think)
the hetzner server went offline today from a failure from their side,at least that what the hosting company told me,and i thought that was the disable reason,cuz of the HnR
so,i am quite confuse about this....i would appreciate any help,at least to explain myself

TONiC
03-26-2011, 07:46 PM
TheBox don't disable for HNR, I've been doing it for years.
They do disable for international IP change; did you log in through any of your servers?
That "xtremespeedz fail" is probably a reference to cheating on TheBox, or stealing content for extremespeeds.net.

anon
03-26-2011, 07:51 PM
Judging from his posts on TheBox-related threads, including one similar to yours, I think this (http://filesharingtalk.com/members/120240-Jaits) user is staff there. You could try sending him a PM.

tespar
03-26-2011, 10:47 PM
yeah,i ve checked that list too,but since i am 2 days old on this site,i cannot pm
this is the must ugly experience from my "bt experience" ...how can someone be so damn sure about this,when i dont have a clue what i did wrong,or why they've gone mad against me
this is a terrible experience,and i wish i can defend myself,cuz it was one of my used trackers,and i know for sure that i didnt made anything wrong on the tracker,just leechin+seeding,i am not a uploader anywhere,i dont do this kind of things
as for the cheating,why should anyone with my tools,and experience would do this....i'm a member of a wide range of well known trackers,but never went into issues like this...i think this is a first for me,lol
thanks for the replys guys

anon
03-26-2011, 11:20 PM
since i am 2 days old on this site,i cannot pm

That's right, you can't PM yet. Can't believe I didn't notice.

this is the must ugly experience from my "bt experience" ...how can someone be so damn sure about this,when i dont have a clue what i did wrong,or why they've gone mad against me

Assuming you've indeed done nothing wrong (the majority of new users starting threads like this here end up being unmasked as cheaters/traders), tracker staff make mistakes, too. I know someone who recently went through the same as you - turns out they detected his seedbox's upload speed as cheating and refused to re-enable his account altogether. In those cases, well, tough luck.

Quarterquack
03-27-2011, 06:36 AM
WM Recorder.

anon
03-27-2011, 06:51 AM
WM Recorder.

That's what I searched to dig some old TheBox threads where the staff member posted. Apparently, that program causes clients to report false stats. How it does that, I don't know, but I've never tried it.

mjmacky
03-27-2011, 11:32 AM
"xtremespeedz fail"
Well, that's a response from young'en, who feels smart and hip when they think they caught someone doing something wrong and call it a fail. The immediate boot from IRC was to prevent the possibility of being made look like an idiot after they say 'fail', because it's detrimental to their self-image. Hopefully that'll clear up the confusion.
So... assuming you did nothing wrong, having that same child staff member realizing their mistake and re-enabling you is very slim. You'll also have to avoid talking to anyone that likes to help this child stroke its ego (whether it be forward or reverse stroke). If it really matters to you, keep this in mind and you'll have to avoid reminding them that they actually made a mistake, and especially don't mention that they supplemented that mistake with a tagline (as those with underdeveloped minds do). They're just going to try to do the best they can to make it seem like you were at fault, and only by their good graces will the injustice be resolved. Oh wow, I haven't been in private bt for all that long and already I sound like I'm years jaded.

IdolEyes787
03-27-2011, 12:14 PM
. Oh wow, I haven't been in private bt for all that long and already I sound like I'm years jaded.

I'm jaded enough to believe that you are lying about that and mjmacky is a dupe account is that's any consolation.

mjmacky
03-28-2011, 07:21 AM
. Oh wow, I haven't been in private bt for all that long and already I sound like I'm years jaded.

I'm jaded enough to believe that you are lying about that and mjmacky is a dupe account is that's any consolation.
Firstly, no, not a dupe account. Secondly, should I be responding to these notions seriously, or is this a running gag?

smpjc08
04-01-2011, 12:51 PM
before this turns into a troll fest, tespar come into IRC and ask for me in the support channel, i'll see whats been going on. I cant say nothing here because simply i dont know your account details.

best regards

smpjc08
administrator thebox.bz :)

smpjc08
04-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Tespar, pop into irc and ask for me :-)

tespar
04-04-2011, 06:43 PM
are you kidding me?
i came like 3 times in the irc channel,everytime getting kicked and glined,you didnt even ask me anything,just plain cheater and something about xtremespeedz
it just hit me,re-reading the replies from this thread,that my wife is using a vpn from time to time,and i think that i might browsed the site with that vpn, but i am not sure
if that's the case,and they don't allow other ip to browse (only browse,not leeching/seeding) then i understand,it's my mistake for not reading the rules...still that type of actions,and the way that they went against me was uncalled
T3sp4rg**** was my username,dont know if it matters now,but still thebox was one of my fav trackers,hard to get current uk shows from somewhere else

(tried to join the irc channel,but as said i am glined,i get this (User has been permanently banned from TBZchat (xtreme_speeds_fail))

mjmacky
04-04-2011, 11:35 PM
are you kidding me?
i came like 3 times in the irc channel,everytime getting kicked and glined,you didnt even ask me anything,just plain cheater and something about xtremespeedz
You maybe should have waited until his penis grew a few more inches, it sounds like he's getting his 3 inch kicks.

smpjc08
04-06-2011, 11:59 AM
it sounds like he's getting his 3 inch kicks.

sounds like your a troll...

anyway tespar pop in and ask for me specifically - NOT anyone else.. im the one who deals with catching the cheaters (and im stating facts not bragging here)

mjmacky
04-06-2011, 12:15 PM
sounds like your[sic] a troll...

That should be you're, as in you are. It is the contracted form of the second person singular pronoun and second person conjugation of the verb "to be", which is what you should have used in this case. The word you used, "your", is a possessive adjective and it makes no sense in this context.

tespar
04-06-2011, 12:44 PM
how to join the irc if i've been glined? already mentioned this
you were the one who banned me and kicked me from the irc
still i appreciate you answered here,maybe i will find out why i was banned like that

anon
04-06-2011, 04:15 PM
That should be you're, as in you are. It is the contracted form of the second person singular pronoun and second person conjugation of the verb "to be", which is what you should have used in this case. The word you used, "your", is a possessive adjective and it makes no sense in this context.

Troll.

how to join the irc if i've been glined?

Unless it was a range ban, just changing your IP should do. You can try rebooting your modem/router or changing your MAC address to achieve that.

tespar
04-06-2011, 07:28 PM
thanks to smpjc08 i was able to get my account back,it seems that my utorrent (new version) client was sending large amounts of garbage to the tracker
thanks everyone who post it here trying to help me,thanks fst

Tokeman
04-06-2011, 07:29 PM
What version/build was it out of curiosity?

tespar
04-06-2011, 08:18 PM
have no ideea,since i pretty much tried all versions of utorrent (under wine),tried the linux version as well,in search of a stable webui

anon
04-06-2011, 08:35 PM
it seems that my utorrent (new version) client was sending large amounts of garbage to the tracker

That sounds a bit odd to me - most uTorrent users are running the newer versions, so we should be hearing about many such bans, specially on trackers with good scripts. Although it may have been some sort of isolated incident in combination with something else on the system(s) you ran it on... anyway, it doesn't matter, glad to know you have your account back. :)

thegreger
04-16-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm sorry if I'm hijacking the thread, but I'm having a similar problem. My account has been disabled, and I'm not sure why. The only way to get in touch with staff at thebox without being logged in is through the IRC, and when I try to log onto there is just says "irc.thebox.bz: Closing Link: gamakichi[ircip2.mibbit.com] (User has been permanently banned from TBZchat (no reason))".

I had a really good ratio (3+, with several TB downloaded and shared). It might have been that I've misunderstood the "neutral" rules (I downloaded the F1 qualification, had to go to work, but brought my laptop to watch it. As soon as I got to work, I connected to a public wifi only in order to continue seeding, but then it already said I was banned), but I would really need to get in touch with anyone from the staff!

Edit:
I also just now tried accessing another site, and realized that being on this open wifi might include having a shared IP (I'm not good with networks). Could that be the reason for me being banned? I only logged onto the network so that I could continue seeding, and now I can't even access the site rules to figure out what rule I broke.

anon
04-17-2011, 02:20 AM
I'm sorry if I'm hijacking the thread, but I'm having a similar problem. My account has been disabled, and I'm not sure why. The only way to get in touch with staff at thebox without being logged in is through the IRC, and when I try to log onto there is just says "irc.thebox.bz: Closing Link: gamakichi[ircip2.mibbit.com] (User has been permanently banned from TBZchat (no reason))".

You're using Mibbit to join, right? Drop that and use a proper client, such as mIRC.

... I connected to a public wifi only in order to continue seeding, but then it already said I was banned), but I would really need to get in touch with anyone from the staff!

Edit:
I also just now tried accessing another site, and realized that being on this open wifi might include having a shared IP (I'm not good with networks). Could that be the reason for me being banned?

Since you were already banned by the time you tried to log in from that hotspot, I don't think so.

TONiC
04-18-2011, 02:35 PM
>>Continue seeding
>>Open Wifi

Keep all your sharing done at home. That's why you pay for your home connection. In turn you won't get banned.

thegreger
04-18-2011, 05:01 PM
You're using Mibbit to join, right? Drop that and use a proper client, such as mIRC.

... I connected to a public wifi only in order to continue seeding, but then it already said I was banned), but I would really need to get in touch with anyone from the staff!

Edit:
I also just now tried accessing another site, and realized that being on this open wifi might include having a shared IP (I'm not good with networks). Could that be the reason for me being banned?

Since you were already banned by the time you tried to log in from that hotspot, I don't think so.

Ah, thank you! I'll try the mIRC thingie, and if I'm lucky they'll let me back in. If not then I have myself to blame, I guess, but I didn't do anything wrong on purpose. I'm not quite sure how I'll get by without the box... Might have to start watching Swedish tv. *shrugs*

>>Continue seeding
>>Open Wifi

Keep all your sharing done at home. That's why you pay for your home connection. In turn you won't get banned.

Oh, I absolutely share through my home connection when I can (and I pay for a pretty good connection mainly for that). But this time it was either share from the open network or not at all, and I thought the former alternative would be better. It should also be pointed out that I did it to seed a "neutral" torrent, meaning that I didn't gain any ratio from it.

edit:
Apparently somebody in the staff thought I had been uploading torrents from there onto other sites. That's even more odd. I understand that anyone can break some obscure rule by accident, and find himself banned, but this is one thing I know I haven't done. I'm ashamed to say that the last time I uploaded any torrent anywhere was at least a year ago, and that was one I had ripped myself. Well, thanks for your help everybody!

anon
04-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Oh, I absolutely share through my home connection when I can (and I pay for a pretty good connection mainly for that). But this time it was either share from the open network or not at all, and I thought the former alternative would be better.

In these cases, not sharing and waiting until you get home to seed is actually better. Public Wi-Fi means you're not connectable, upload speeds are often slow, and the IP problem mentioned before. Personally, I don't think it's worth the hassle.

edit:
Apparently somebody in the staff thought I had been uploading torrents from there onto other sites. That's even more odd. I understand that anyone can break some obscure rule by accident, and find himself banned, but this is one thing I know I haven't done. I'm ashamed to say that the last time I uploaded any torrent anywhere was at least a year ago, and that was one I had ripped myself.

No happy ending :(

thegreger
04-18-2011, 06:23 PM
No happy ending :(

Not yet, at least. But the guy (or girl) from the staff that I got to talk to on the IRC told me who had banned me, and told me to come back later and ask for him. I don't know how they check for those things on trackers like thebox, if it's just that someone with the same username as me has uploaded something on another site. But I would really like to know what's going on, and perhaps there's a way for me to prove that I didn't do it.

mancaleddog
04-22-2011, 02:13 PM
Well, I have joined the ranks of thebox banned. I tried to find out why, but a "friendly" mod named takamura would only tell me I was cheating, not why or how, and then, when i was not fast enough to type my responses, he did a 3 -2- 1 and kicked me off the channel.

I know that I will nprobably not get back on the board, but i would like to know what i supposedly did. I had a good ration, and was d/l a series. I was being a bit selfish, by no uploading/seeding in a while, but I would not think of that as cheating.

mjmacky
04-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Before the first time I read this thread, I had never heard of thebox. Then I made an early judgment based on the antics I heard of its staffers. Now I'm pretty affirmed that most of the staff of this site are indeed retarded little bitches. Maybe the one staffer that had been posting in this thread isn't a tween, or is, but how about making your lives a little more pleasant and find a decent alternative to thebox (rather than trying to get back in).

anon
04-22-2011, 05:15 PM
Well, I have joined the ranks of thebox banned. I tried to find out why, but a "friendly" mod named takamura would only tell me I was cheating, not why or how, and then, when i was not fast enough to type my responses, he did a 3 -2- 1 and kicked me off the channel.

I know that I will nprobably not get back on the board, but i would like to know what i supposedly did.

Do you have a seedbox? Is WM Recorder installed in your computer (I don't know how, but supposedly it can make you look like a cheater)? Did you upload any torrents? Has your client recently crashed while downloading?

mancaleddog
04-22-2011, 05:54 PM
"Do you have a seedbox? Is WM Recorder installed in your computer (I don't know how, but supposedly it can make you look like a cheater)? Did you upload any torrents? Has your client recently crashed while downloading?[/QUOTE]

No seedbox, I do have WM rec, and have crashed a number of times (computer issues).

anon
04-22-2011, 06:15 PM
No seedbox, I do have WM rec, and have crashed a number of times (computer issues).

WM Recorder can do what I mentioned. Crashes can make it look like you're intentionally avoiding reporting your stats to the tracker.

mancaleddog
04-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the info..unfortunately, I'm guessing thats not going to cut any ice with thebox mods, helpful as they are. LOL

thegreger
04-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Before the first time I read this thread, I had never heard of thebox. Then I made an early judgment based on the antics I heard of its staffers. Now I'm pretty affirmed that most of the staff of this site are indeed retarded little bitches. Maybe the one staffer that had been posting in this thread isn't a tween, or is, but how about making your lives a little more pleasant and find a decent alternative to thebox (rather than trying to get back in).

Actually, I have been more well-recieved than I expected when I talked to them on the IRC. I haven't yet gotten to talk to the person responsible for banning me, but there are a few staff out there who have at least given me good advice.

That said, if anyone knows of another good site for British TV, I would be very, very interested. Swedish TV is horrible, so pretty much all TV I watch is shows downloaded from TheBox.

anon
04-23-2011, 05:50 PM
That said, if anyone knows of another good site for British TV, I would be very, very interested. Swedish TV is horrible, so pretty much all TV I watch is shows downloaded from TheBox.

Try UKNova. They offer TV shows from the UK just like TheBox. Sadly, signups aren't open.

auschris
08-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Hey

I'm in a situation where I've attempted to log in at thebox and have had the 'account disabled' thing come up. No idea for what reason :(

If possible could someone give me some advice? I'm a huge fan of the website...have several hundred GB uploaded and have put a lot of time into it. I spent a fair bit of money getting unlimited internet here in Australia for the very reason of contributing to this website.

I've done some searches and IRC sounded like the best way to go - however, after trying to connect to the server I get the following come up -
Closing Link: auschris[xxx.xxx.xx.xxx.] (User has been banned from TBZchat (Blacklisted Proxy found. Visit http://rbl.efnetrbl.org/? for info.))

I went to the above website for info, did a 'request removal' where it sent me an e-mail and link to go through. I passed and got removed from the list so now when I check my IP on the above site it says -

xxx.xxx.xx.xx was not found active in the database.
Bans set on specific IRC servers are outside our control, so please contact the server/network staff directly for immediate ban removal.

It still says the same thing when I try to login to thebox IRC server.

So as you can see I'm in a bit of a pickle...can't contact anybody, haven't got a reason for why my account was disabled, not a cheat and consider myself a user who contributes to the tracker/website.

I don't use a proxy and have never tried to cheat the system. I live in a house with multiple internet users but I asked them all and none have signed up for an account at thebox...so it can't be a multiple account issue. I've never even logged in from another IP.

Again - any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated. Watching quality documentaries is one of my favourite things to do when I have free time and thebox is the best place I've found for up to date and older torrents - all seeded.

Thanks in advance.

mjmacky
08-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Well they're running their own IRC server, so they are banning your IP specifically, whatever IP that was.

Does the supposed "proxy" IP match your outward IP? Either way, they seem to have specifically banned you from chat.

Good luck with those guys, I slightly recall them being committed morons

anon
08-07-2011, 06:02 PM
Blacklists can be a bitch sometimes. My IP is on several anti-spam lists (insert joke here) even though I don't even use e-mail. :huh:

auschris: you haven't removed your address from the link in your first quote, I'd recommend you do it.

Regarding your issue, I'd advice going to an Internet cafe or someone else's house to see if you can join IRC from there. They won't ban you for that, and if it works, you can tell them about your whole situation, maybe linking them to your post here.

Good luck!

auschris
09-17-2011, 09:42 AM
Well somehow I'm off the blacklist now.

Managed to get into IRC, talked to someone.

The reason I've been disabled is apparently I've been uploading thebox.bz torrents elsewhere, without giving credit to the original uploader/capper.

One small problem with that...I am CERTAIN I have never uploaded a thebox.bz torrent elsewhere. I'm very aware of that rule and wouldn't be so stupid as to break it! Apparently I've uploaded SEVERAL torrents elsewhere.

The guy I talked to said my account wouldn't be enabled, and kept implying that I was being devious and knew exactly what I had done and where. However, I can talk to a proper admin in about 6 hours.

Ok, now I really need some help. How could this have happened? I realize each torrent file you download at a private site has your personal 'passkey' encoded with it, at least I'm pretty sure of this. I'm guessing they have a bot or something that scours other torrent sites looking for uploads or something? It doesn't make sense, no one would have bothered coming on my personal PC to steal the torrent files with my passkey just to upload a few documentaries at a different torrent site.

Pretty sure I'm screwed, and it's infuriating considering I didn't even commit the alleged breakage of rule. I'm going to try and be as patient and nice about it as I can...SO many hours invested in this tracker :(

anon
09-17-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm guessing they have a bot or something that scours other torrent sites looking for uploads or something?

If by bot you mean people... maybe.

Good luck when you talk to the admin. You could ask him which site you've supposedly "stolen" torrents for, then ask to cross-check IPs to prove you either aren't a member there or didn't upload any of their torrents. Unfortunately, it looks like you already have two strikes against you (but don't listen to me, I'm a pessimist).

auschris
09-18-2011, 02:09 AM
I'm guessing they have a bot or something that scours other torrent sites looking for uploads or something?

If by bot you mean people... maybe.

Good luck when you talk to the admin. You could ask him which site you've supposedly "stolen" torrents for, then ask to cross-check IPs to prove you either aren't a member there or didn't upload any of their torrents. Unfortunately, it looks like you already have two strikes against you (but don't listen to me, I'm a pessimist).

Fell asleep by the time I could speak with an admin...damn timezones. Will have to do it some time later this week as I need to set aside a decent amount of time.

Thanks for the advice mate. Will definitely ask them to do an IP check.

You could ask him which site you've supposedly "stolen" torrents for

I did ask him that, he stated I knew exactly which site. Guy is just trying to do his job, and it's not like he kicked me or didn't hear me out.

It's such a good website and I recommend it strongly to anyone who's into documentaries. By reading peoples experiences there's been a few rude admins in the past, but I've spoken with admins there before and they were always really friendly and helpful. Fingers crossed :) The people who have the problems always complain the loudest whereas the thousands of happy users don't bother to post their experiences obviously.

I'll update when I have word on the outcome.