PDA

View Full Version : SuperTorrents Signups Open – 10000 New Members To Be Recruited

robogo25
04-08-2011, 08:26 AM
SuperTorrents Signups Open – 10000 New Members To Be Recruited

It’s always big news when a well respected private torrent tracker opens signups. If you were looking to be part of a decent General/0Day torrent tracker, here’s a great opportunity; SuperTorrents (ST) is now accepting new members. After being closed for the last 5 months or so, ST has opened the floodgates welcoming in some new blood to the tracker. Although previous open signups on this site were usually limited to 24 hours, it looks like the current open registration period will last longer. According to a news post on SuperTorrents, open signups would continue until the site reaches 25000 users – this means around 10000 new members will be recruited in the current phase. For those hearing about this tracker for the first time, ST tracks over 50000 torrents pointing to scene and non scene released movies, games, TV shows, books and a ton of music content including albums, singles and music videos (this is largely thanks to the recent merger with STM).

The upcoming features (improved pre times and automatic seeding on dying torrents in particular) are indeed interesting but the truth is ST already is a pretty well established private tracker with a user friendly interface. Some of the planned ST v2.0 usability enhancements have already been rolled out and its current codebase seem to be well optimized and stable. As for statistics, SuperTorrents tracked over 63000 torrents ( 52000 active, with 21400 in general section and a further 30700 in the music section) and had a registered user base of 15600 members as of 8/4/2011.

As we mentioned earlier, SuperTorrents is primarily a General/0Day tracker with movies, games, TV shows, E-books and the other usual stuff you’d expect to find on a general torrent site. However, with the large number of music torrents moved from STMusic, ST also acts as an alternative to a music tracker. The site now has dual torrent browse pages, one for general content and the other purely for music releases. Music section has a different set of categories and even searching by genre is possible. Another fact that’s worth pointing out is that ST has a lot of exclusive packs. Over 1000 torrents are listed under the site’s four official packs categories (Movies|HD Packs, Movies|Packs, TV|HD Packs and TV|Packs) – some of these can be seen on the screenshot above.

Coming back to open signups, registrations are currently open and you no longer need to provide an invite code to create an account. There are around 10000 free slots remaining so get in while you still can.

Site Name: SuperTorrents (www.supertorrents.org)

Signup URL: http://supertorrents.org/signup.php

Special thanks to ‘Trade’ who mentioned it in the previous thread.

Original Text : http://filenetworks.blogspot.com/2011/04/supertorrents-signups-open-10000-new.html

SuperTorrents is one of the older private trackers out there.The site is primarily a General/0Day tracker but the recent merger with STMusic has inherited them a ton of music torrents as well.STM merger was a massive boost to SuperTorrents user base as well as torrent index and it’s now a much larger private tracker that what it used to be a couple of months ago.

There were those who ViPMusic (RIP) and Mp3Scene (RIP) pages, highly recommended for SuperTorrents
because it is largely the same torrent file, can be found in the section STMusic

very good site, good speed, and the STMusic section is excellent! ;)

natural
04-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Registered! thanx for sharing.

Bionic
04-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Good for starters

motorsport1989
04-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Good for starters

is very good tracker

spartacus007
04-08-2011, 11:14 AM
good info thanks

EvilWalks
04-08-2011, 11:17 AM
I let my account get pruned here, as I really wasn't using it with so many other options available... :(

shipwreck
04-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Good general tracker that has become a lot better ever since STMusic was merged with it.

This is probably the future of scene music trackers, being part of a bigger, general site, so users can enjoy the best of both worlds (-> maintain a good ratio and build up a good buffer with bigger 0-day releases like games, movies and apps, and download all the music you want without fear (while sticking to the rules and not being a hit-and-run whore, of course).

Cut-Copy-Paste
04-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Donor Immunity is a new feature where donations of $40 and greater will grant you immunity from bans for 1 month, and a subscription will make you permanently immune

:nuke:

robogo25
04-08-2011, 12:07 PM
info for new registrants:

As a new member you will need to download OR upload at least 5GB while maintaining at least a .5 ratio in order to progress to the next user class. You will have two week grace period to be used to build your ratio, after which you will be promoted to the User class. After 45 days if you have not attained the User class your account will be disabled. Also note that we have automatic systems in place to detect new members who abuse their accounts without concern for their ratio. If your account is innactive for any period greater than 42 days without parking it first your account will disabled.

natural
04-08-2011, 12:12 PM

As a new member you will need to download OR upload at least 5GB while maintaining at least a .5 ratio in order to progress to the next user class. You will have two week grace period to be used to build your ratio, after which you will be promoted to the User class. After 45 days if you have not attained the User class your account will be disabled. Also note that we have automatic systems in place to detect new members who abuse their accounts without concern for their ratio. If your account is innactive for any period greater than 42 days without parking it first your account will disabled.

Yep, they are really strict against their site rules. Zero tolerance for cheaters and scammers there.

Monaco
04-08-2011, 01:11 PM

Yep, they are really strict against their site rules. Zero tolerance for cheaters and scammers there.

These rules do not address cheating or scamming whatsoever. They simply force you to use your account. I always find this to be a ridiculous policy. It's like requiring people to eat the hors d'oeuvres at a cocktail party and kicking them out if they don't.

shipwreck
04-08-2011, 01:24 PM
These rules do not address cheating or scamming whatsoever. They simply force you to use your account. I always find this to be a ridiculous policy. It's like requiring people to eat the hors d'oeuvres at a cocktail party and kicking them out if they don't.

Well, what use are those users to the tracker who don't use their accounts? Why should a tracker want to have collectors as members? It actually does make a lot of sense to delete inactive members after a while and make space for new users who actually appreciate their account and intend to use it. As long as the crtieria are reasonable (and this actually only concerns new users), I can't see what's wrong with it.

robogo25
04-08-2011, 02:39 PM
SuperTorrents :

Open Signups, Donor Immunity, Double Donations, New Servers, more... added 1 day ago

A few exciting things going on on SuperTorrents!

* Open Signups have been enabled until we reach 25,000 users!
* Donor Immunity is a new feature where donations of $40 and greater will grant you immunity from bans for 1 month, and a subscription will make you permanently immune. This immunity applies to bans for poor ratio and spans the duration of your subscription. The goal of this is detailed below.
* Double Donations are enabled for an indefinite amount of time.
* Ersan is returning to work on the website full time, expect some serious new features and changes!
* Once the donation goal is reached, we will be purchasing new servers which will intelligently seed dying torrents through some smart scripting. Put simply this will make dead torrents on the site a thing of the past. No torrents will ever die.
* In the coming month we will be making serious efforts to speed up our pre-times to be more competitive.
* We will be increasing our worldwide presence and improving our connectivity to users outside of the US

" Once the donation goal is reached, we will be purchasing new servers which will intelligently seed dying torrents through some smart scripting. Put simply this will make dead torrents on the site a thing of the past. No torrents will ever die. "

Good idea !

anon
04-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Well, what use are those users to the tracker who don't use their accounts? Why should a tracker want to have collectors as members? It actually does make a lot of sense to delete inactive members after a while and make space for new users who actually appreciate their account and intend to use it. As long as the crtieria are reasonable (and this actually only concerns new users), I can't see what's wrong with it.

Agreed, and the requirement of 5 gigs uploaded in two weeks sounds reasonable to me, considering my netbook can seed that in just a couple of days from a shitty connection.

shipwreck
04-08-2011, 05:35 PM
SuperTorrents :

Open Signups, Donor Immunity, Double Donations, New Servers, more... added 1 day ago

A few exciting things going on on SuperTorrents!

* Open Signups have been enabled until we reach 25,000 users!
* Donor Immunity is a new feature where donations of $40 and greater will grant you immunity from bans for 1 month, and a subscription will make you permanently immune. This immunity applies to bans for poor ratio and spans the duration of your subscription. The goal of this is detailed below.
* Double Donations are enabled for an indefinite amount of time.
* Ersan is returning to work on the website full time, expect some serious new features and changes!
* Once the donation goal is reached, we will be purchasing new servers which will intelligently seed dying torrents through some smart scripting. Put simply this will make dead torrents on the site a thing of the past. No torrents will ever die.
* In the coming month we will be making serious efforts to speed up our pre-times to be more competitive.
* We will be increasing our worldwide presence and improving our connectivity to users outside of the US

" Once the donation goal is reached, we will be purchasing new servers which will intelligently seed dying torrents through some smart scripting. Put simply this will make dead torrents on the site a thing of the past. No torrents will ever die. "

Good idea !

Retention is a very underrated quality. Good pre times are fine and necessary for a 0day tracker to be taken seriously, but a few minutes here and there make no difference whatsoever as long as the download speeds are good. Most good 0day trackers have good pre times these days.

Good retention however is a lot rarer, only few trackers, not just general 0day trackers, offer that. So this is a good idea indeed.

Monaco
04-08-2011, 07:16 PM
@ shipwreck & anon

I really doubt folks are clamoring to collect another generic 0day tracker. Sure, if they don't use the account for a few months, purge them, but requiring that someone use the tracker within the first 2 weeks is silly. I often don't see anything worth downloading in a two week span. The way the rules are set up is even more ridiculous. Basically someone can just download/seed a file to 5 gigs in the first 2 weeks, then log in once every 6 weeks for the next X years to comply. It renders the rule ineffective.

But again, I think it is important to consider that the site is looking to open up 10,000 slots, which will surely not be filled within 2 weeks...

Evelyn
04-09-2011, 05:42 AM
i have taken my chance to check out the tracker.
i found it good. even with a single seed i downloaded 4.3gb torrent in my max speed.
seeding is 2ez, in 24 hours i seeded over 12gb of the same torrent.
music section failed to impress me though.

shipwreck
04-09-2011, 11:28 AM
@Evelyn
It's a scene music tracker. If you're looking for lossless music, as you said the other day, it's the wrong place indeed.

@Monaco
Every tracker that has been closed for a while has specific rules for new members. I really can't see what's wrong with it. If you don't know what to download in the first two weeks on a tracker, you very likely don't need it either. 5GB is a very reasonable limit for that.

And you'd be surprised what people are willing to collect as long as it gives them some trading value down the road.

Evelyn
04-09-2011, 04:25 PM
@Evelyn
It's a scene music tracker. If you're looking for lossless music, as you said the other day, it's the wrong place indeed.

yes right said :(
i've interpreted it on other way, since they mentioned _music_

pastoral
04-12-2011, 04:42 AM
How come the signup page does not work for me?
Is there any problem for Internet Explorer 9?

shipwreck
04-12-2011, 12:42 PM
Works fine with IE9, too.