PDA

View Full Version : Public Trackers

byrnesc1
04-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Now I know that everyones gonna jump down my throat on this one but does anyone here use public trackers? If so, which ones and for what? I'm just curious because a lot of the times I'm looking for something kind of random or weird and a lot of these 0day or specialized private trackers don't really have it so I'm forced to turn to public trackers.

What are your thoughts?

HMthePM
04-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Depends on what place you live at and your ISP. If your dont much care for piracy, go ahead. I use public trackers sometimes.
Then again if your ISP is ready to fork over your details to MPAA/RIAA/etc, using public trackers is not advised.

Evelyn
04-12-2011, 05:21 PM
.... a lot of the times I'm looking for something kind of random or weird and a lot of these 0day or specialized private trackers don't really have it so I'm forced to turn to public trackers.
do you know what you talking about ?
if you really dont, then blame it on your private tracker, divorce her & get another one , decent one :)

btw you can check demonoid :)
if you dont have access to that then TPB & h33t.

Tokeman
04-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Wierd, I've only had to turn to public trackers for very odd stuff, like a specific Dell restore disk, or some rare audio book. Other then that, private trackers and newsgroups have me covered. Demonoid is where I turn when all else fails, and it has always had what I could not find elsewhere.

byrnesc1
04-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Yeah I usually check demonoid if I can't find something but usually if they do have it, theres only about 2-3 seeders and .5kbps. Not sure whether or not my isp is anal about piracy but I'm not really trying to find out. I'm just convinced that what I'm looking for doesnt exist in the form that I want...oh well.

Tokeman
04-12-2011, 05:50 PM
What are you looking for? Maybe some one can help find it? I've had people find me things I couldn't find before here...

anon
04-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Back when I torrented, I used public trackers for things I couldn't find on the private sites I belonged to - for example, old movies and warez ISOs. If you're looking for indexers, then try VerTor and KickAssTorrents. The former scans all torrents for viruses, DRM and other sorts of crap, it's a great site.

byrnesc1: better safe than sorry. Get a good IP filter and use it. Be careful with what you download, always check the comments, and scan files after they finish, particularly when dealing with software. If you suspect your ISP may be manipulating traffic, then try uTorrent in uTP-only mode, or make an account on Torrific and add that torrent there.

Lucifer9999
04-12-2011, 07:58 PM
simple answer: no!!! :)

anon
04-12-2011, 08:04 PM

I'd like the complicated answer, please.

IdolEyes787
04-12-2011, 08:37 PM

Sorry can't help but how about a simple translation :"I'm totally lacking in any depth , originality or imagination and the usual pabulum is quite OK for me".:)

" Also I scare easily ". :(

As for public trackers I think if you are using them for something " random or weird" and have the great luck not to find every so titled torrent is really not what it says :angry: then I hardly think ( owing to the "random or weird" part) the authorities give a much of a crap.
On the other hand probably not a good idea to download a cam of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 :mellow:

bijoy
04-12-2011, 09:05 PM
if you are looking for good public tracker, then go for demonoid. Although it is not public, but it is semi-private tracker and not much different from public tracker. And there is always the option of tpb. :)

Hiccup
04-13-2011, 04:46 AM

Sorry can't help but how about a simple translation :"I'm totally lacking in any depth , originality or imagination and the usual pabulum is quite OK for me".:)

" Also I scare easily ". :(

As for public trackers I think if you are using them for something " random or weird" and have the great luck not to find every so titled torrent is really not what it says :angry: then I hardly think ( owing to the "random or weird" part) the authorities give a much of a crap.
On the other hand probably not a good idea to download a cam of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 :mellow:

This is pretty much my take as well. As long as it's not the latest and greatest, or that popular, you should probably be o.k. Still, I can't remember the last time I've really needed to take to a public tracker, and if it is something of the sort, you can usually find it through a Google search through some other method/means (i.e. filehoster and their ilk, etc.

shipwreck
04-13-2011, 01:52 PM
I used TPB only once years ago when I couldn't find a specific release on the private trackers I was back then. Other than that, it's private trackers only for me, with an occasional DDL (mostly mobile apps).

Lucifer9999
04-21-2011, 02:31 PM
if u have the right private trackers, u do not need public ones... otherwise you probably do.... i have all i need on my private ones... (even i have not a few, i'm still using almost all of them regullary..)