PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to recover Black-cats account?

fernandoc1
04-14-2011, 03:23 PM
I'm having troubles with black-cats login.
Do someone knows how can I verify what happened?
My account was "fernandoc1".

Tokeman
04-14-2011, 05:08 PM
User account doesn't exist, not even as disabled. So, no, just sign up again.

anon
04-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Is there any way to recover Black-cats account?

http://www.blackcats-games.net/recover.php

If your e-mail can't be found in the database, your account is gone.

fernandoc1
04-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Where can I sign up again?
I'm had an Blackcats account since 2007, and I'm deeply sad that they removed my account without warning me what I've done wrong.
I always seeded my torrents for as long as could.

Markociv1
04-17-2011, 01:31 AM
If you don't login at least each 60 days or so accounts get pruned.
So it was your mistake I guess.
Right now they are closed

anon
04-17-2011, 02:02 AM

Same link as above, except that it's signup.php. When they open, it's usually posted on their homepage (as a signup link) and the open registrations thread here.

I'm had an Blackcats account since 2007, and I'm deeply sad that they removed my account without warning me what I've done wrong.

Tracker-level activity isn't enough, you must log in to your account regularly.

fernandoc1
04-19-2011, 11:13 PM
I think that they should consider tracker level activity, because for people that work all the day and get tired at home, it is hard to remember to login at blackcats regularly.
I had traveled for two months and forgot to login at blackcats, but my torrent is always opened and is always seeding.

Markociv1
04-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Is logging in 1 time per 2 months so hard?

bijoy
04-21-2011, 05:46 AM
Is logging in 1 time per 2 months so hard?

Sometimes it is.

kadake
04-22-2011, 10:16 AM
exact same thing recently happen to me too, had account for 2-3 years, loads of ratio, even donated cos i loved it so much, had great SP scores. Seeded all the time

im sure i had logged in the last 30 DAYS !!! yet my account vanished ??? , i went to IRC channel spoke to admins, they said account is Gone, and that was that.

i spent alot of time trying to keep account in good nick, felt quite let down by the site for the shrug, felt like "SO WHAT!", go signup again when door opens.

i thought they were different to other trackers, ( i was angry ALL DAY)

stoi
04-22-2011, 11:48 AM
its not the staffs fault, when you are pruned you are gone, bye bye, no record you ever existed, no way to get back either, honestly you have 2 months to login, if you cant, then you deserve to be pruned for me. (and if you are going away for an extended period, we can make arrangements that your account wont be pruned, promote to vip for a month or 2) but no one thinks, oh i better tell the staff, they just dont sign in, get pruned, and its our bloody fault.

anon
04-22-2011, 05:20 PM
(and if you are going away for an extended period, we can make arrangements that your account wont be pruned, promote to vip for a month or 2)

Agreed. If two months isn't enough, talk to a staff member so that your account will be flagged and not deleted. Anyone caring enough about his account would do that, I think.

kadake
04-22-2011, 09:07 PM
its not the staffs fault, when you are pruned you are gone, bye bye, no record you ever existed, no way to get back either, honestly you have 2 months to login, if you cant, then you deserve to be pruned for me. (and if you are going away for an extended period, we can make arrangements that your account wont be pruned, promote to vip for a month or 2) but no one thinks, oh i better tell the staff, they just dont sign in, get pruned, and its our bloody fault.

i agree 2 months is fine, but i make it a rule of logging in at the beginning of every month to all my trackers just to make sure this dont happen.

i also DONATE to help prevent pruning (on some sites).

now i know FACT i had logged in but some how i slipped of the member database ??? , but me pleading that this is what happen isnt gonna change anything, but i assure you i did.

stoi
04-22-2011, 09:34 PM
well we are open atm, but your old account is long gone im afraid :(

kadake
04-22-2011, 09:53 PM
well we are open atm, but your old account is long gone im afraid :(

sorry about the rant, ive re-signed up, many thanks for that, i will log in even more frequently this time.

on a lighter note, your site is awesome and a clear leader for gaming torrents. keep up the good work.

stoi
04-22-2011, 09:56 PM
np, and we are closed again. but got in about 500 members, just hope most of those stay.

Markociv1
04-23-2011, 03:15 AM
nope

q00u
05-08-2011, 02:15 AM
Drat, signups were open? I lost my account recently (noticed my uploads weren't uploading 4/17) after three years (this time; my first BC account was in '06). *Thought* I had just logged in, but my account is gone. SUPER frustrating. I think I was the only seeder left on some more obscure torrents, not that I can check now. Do parked accounts still get credit for seeding?

I wish we were notified before being pruned. Just a quick auto-email "Hey, we noticed you haven't logged in for 50 days...". Or that seeding counted as activity.

Or, I wish those of us with a high-upload history were given more time. Looking over my uTorrent stats, I've got CoD with 34.8GB uploaded, C&C with 21.4GB, R6 29.9GB, Ykz 28.0GB, Sing* 25.2GB, DS 36.1GB. So, 175.4GB uploaded with these six alone. That's six out of the twenty five I've seeded so long there's only an infinity sign in uTorrent. I know lots of BC users have much higher shares, but I was in no way just a leacher.

stoi
05-08-2011, 02:20 AM
we havnt pruned accounts for about a week now, but the tracker side is down, so that may be why you cant seed anything (they are red). we are in the midst of a massive DDos attack :(

Daniel_30
05-08-2011, 12:13 PM
we havnt pruned accounts for about a week now, but the tracker side is down, so that may be why you cant seed anything (they are red). we are in the midst of a massive DDos attack :(

I am curiosing if the prun rule is still applied " 2 months without login = bye bye " during that case. If yes then, it's not our falut.

stoi
05-08-2011, 12:38 PM
huh?

teflon05
05-08-2011, 01:37 PM
I think he's trying to ask if the down time is counted in the 2 month inactivity window.

stoi
05-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Well the post above his i said we stopped pruning a week ago, hence the huh?

teflon05
05-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Yeah, i get it..I don't think he did though :pinch:

stan
05-08-2011, 02:49 PM
All through the DDOS attack it has mostly been possible to login with a little effort. There is no excuse there. Hell. There must have been a thousand that managed to sign up.

stoi
05-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Well we shouldnt have been open, but something went haywire with the signups (we were at max members, but the tracker had a brain fart and was still letting them in, but the stats were not updating) i have closed it completely now though, so no chance of getting in for the time being.

tbh after this, i may just shut up shop, seems everytime we open we get some trouble, not really worth it tbh.

bijoy
05-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Well we shouldnt have been open, but something went haywire with the signups (we were at max members, but the tracker had a brain fart and was still letting them in, but the stats were not updating) i have closed it completely now though, so no chance of getting in for the time being.

tbh after this, i may just shut up shop, seems everytime we open we get some trouble, not really worth it tbh.

That's the point.
I was surprised to see the signup link esrlier today, when I was loggin in. You people are have problem with ddos, and still allowing new registration (increasing server load) (!). :huh:

P.S. looks like that stupid ddos attack is still going on. (assumed from the site message saw 5-6 minutes ago.)

stoi
05-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Like i said it was a fuck up, it was not intentional, last week we reached 37,500 members, the member cap was 37,500 and i stopped pruning accounts, hence we were closed, the ddos screwed something up so people could sign up but i never relised until about 10pm GMT last night, closed the site and no one has been able to get in since.

and yes its still going on :(

Tv Controls you
05-08-2011, 05:29 PM
What is up with all this ddosing going on now a'days.... I mean the sony one was understandable....

But I know what has been going through hell trying to get there tracker up, and BCG has been down for about a week. (Two of my most frequented sites :emo: )
I'm also a bitgamer member, but there torrent searching protocol is ruined by those golden torrents.
Just waiting for fable 3 to get dropped (may 17 official release date) for pc.

q00u
05-09-2011, 10:49 PM

I think I got pruned just before the pruning stopped. Timing! Haha. I can't log in/recover password (it says my e-mail isn't found) and I had a fellow BC-er go to my account page while logged in, and it was gone. So, unfortunately more than just the tracker being down for me.

It sucks that you're getting DDosed. Why can't we have nice things?

stoi
05-10-2011, 02:34 PM
send me a username/email and i will create you an account, doesnt look like we are going to open for awhile if ever, you will have to start from scratch but its better than nothing. and you can still ressed those things you were seeding as well.

shipwreck
05-10-2011, 04:24 PM
doesnt look like we are going to open for awhile if ever

Traders will rejoice - straight to level 10!

stoi
05-10-2011, 04:42 PM
We will never be level 10, we wont ever get above 4 (not that i care we could be lvl1 or not even on that list for all i care) as we have too many members, so lots of accounts to trade.

bijoy
05-10-2011, 06:05 PM
doesnt look like we are going to open for awhile if ever

Traders will rejoice - straight to level 10!

level is just a number, but ddos isn't.

anon
05-10-2011, 06:13 PM
level is just a number, but ddos isn't.

Dos is a number, next to uno.

shipwreck
05-10-2011, 09:14 PM
We will never be level 10, we wont ever get above 4 (not that i care we could be lvl1 or not even on that list for all i care) as we have too many members, so lots of accounts to trade.

That totally depends on the content, supply and demand. A site like HDBits has more than 20,000 members, too, yet the demand for the 'reference' HD site is considerably higher. Games have arguably an even greater appeal, especially to kiddie nerds who the majority of traders are. So if a 'reference' games tracker like BCG closes down for good, the appeal to traders due to its rarity will increase a lot after some time, too.

Rarity 'levels' are idiotic. My not so concealed view on this is that it would be a pity for BCG to close the gates for good. That was basically the point.

stoi
05-11-2011, 07:54 AM
We have opened twice in 2 months and got ddossed both time (ok the 1st time the guy asked for an invite as his country was banned but still) just seems like everytime we open we get some fuckwit trying something.

and when we were shut for 2 years we didnt get above 4, thats all i was getting at.

shipwreck
05-11-2011, 11:03 AM
I fully understand the reasons for you to take such a step, I just think that it would be a pity.

Going by the threads posted on here about BCG, it seems that the 'gamer crowd' is exceptionally childish and immature, which probably explains the stupid DDOS attacks every time you opened (and deleted inactive accounts before that I guess). Some kiddies with too much time on their hands probably felt hard done by.

stoi
05-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Well if you know me, then what i say today can change drastically tomorrow, staying closed does my head in, but opening up doesnt exactly work either, so meh we have tried most things and someone has to spoil everything we try lol

I know the staff would love for us to stay closed forever, but it gets stale and boring after a couple of months.

q00u
05-11-2011, 03:30 PM
send me a username/email and i will create you an account

I've started over before, haha. I'm used to it.

I appreciate this a lot.

stoi
05-11-2011, 03:43 PM
well you will need to recover the password so hopefully that email will let you do that. send me a pm on BCG once you are in and i will change the email to another.

k that account is made :)

q00u
05-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Wow that was fast. I think that address is probably OK; you've already done enough.

Stay awesome, Stoi. ^_^

madskillz83
05-12-2011, 07:46 PM
everyone states it's so hard to obtain a BCG account...what's the process and why so complex? I understand the need to be selective, and also it makes sense to maintain those in good standing, but I didn't even know what BCG was until about a year ago. And I still haven't seen an open registration period. Ever thought of credit checks or personal background investigations? LOL either way I hear nothing but good comments from those that are members. So whatever you're doing I suppose the website is doing it well. Every geek on the street wants an account.

anon
05-12-2011, 08:21 PM
I still haven't seen an open registration period.

You need to look harder. The site's opened numerous amounts of times in the not-so-distant past.

bijoy
05-13-2011, 01:16 PM
everyone states it's so hard to obtain a BCG account...what's the process and why so complex? I understand the need to be selective, and also it makes sense to maintain those in good standing, but I didn't even know what BCG was until about a year ago. And I still haven't seen an open registration period. Ever thought of credit checks or personal background investigations? LOL either way I hear nothing but good comments from those that are members. So whatever you're doing I suppose the website is doing it well. Every geek on the street wants an account.

Nice 1st sarcastic post. :huh:

hameda
11-20-2011, 02:29 AM
hey stoi,

I have tried to log into my account at bcg that i've had for more than 3 years to figuer out it was deleted although i have logged in in the past 2-3 weeks. Now i know it's impossible to get my account back, but is it possible for me to get registered back knowing that i might have been unjustly kicked out?

thanks

stoi
11-20-2011, 02:00 PM
We have been disabling members that didnt have an announce for 2 months or more (so no torrent activity in that time) but you are just disabled, if indeed thats why you got disabled, come into IRC #help channel and we may re-instate you.

Parag0n
11-20-2011, 03:14 PM
I thought the only requirement was to log in regularly. Was this policy change communicated to the members?

If this has affected a large number of users perhaps you should give more detailed IRC instructions. e.g. server address

p.s my account name was [deleted], please reinstate me.

stoi
11-20-2011, 05:03 PM
We made a news post a year or so ago, saying we were thinking about doing this, but then we made 5 news posts and 10 announcements regarding the keyword and we lost 24,000 members (at first) then over 12,000 when we done it properly.

we have 10,000 (out of 38,000) members with no announce for 2 months or more (we have 1,500 with no announce for over a year, which includes just seding something) why be a member of a tracker if you are not going to use it at all, and have 0 comments, 0 forum posts, its silly.

blackcats-games.net port 6667 #help channel.

PS: why on earth would you still want the account, your last torrent was 991 days ago. you have 2 torrent comments and 0 forum posts, dont understand, so no i wont re-enable you.

anon
11-20-2011, 05:37 PM
I thought the only requirement was to log in regularly. Was this policy change communicated to the members?

I think that their policy of requiring activity on the tracker level as well has been in place for years now. At least it was there when I had an account around three years ago... correct me if I'm wrong.

regs8376
11-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Has been in place for a while now...also lol at the guy who thinks he deserves his account back when he didnt download/upload any data or participate in any other areas of the site for nearly 3 years :lol:

Parag0n
11-20-2011, 09:41 PM
PS: why on earth would you still want the account.

Yeah, I guess i don't need it as much as I thought! Was just surprised when I couldn't get in. Thanks for the reply.

WiggityWhack
11-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Hey guys. Two days ago I got a new router and when I went to BC's website it asked me to login. I did but it did not work, just emptied the user/pass boxes. Did a password recovery, got the email, tried logging in with that new password, and I got the same thing.
I've had my account for a few years, thank every torrent I've downloaded, and am over 2.0 ratio. Does anyone know a trick to fix this? I assume my account still exists since the recovery worked, and I log in at least every 2 or 3 days. Any help would be appreciated!

Account name is WiggityWhack

stoi
11-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Hey guys. Two days ago I got a new router and when I went to BC's website it asked me to login. I did but it did not work, just emptied the user/pass boxes. Did a password recovery, got the email, tried logging in with that new password, and I got the same thing.
I've had my account for a few years, thank every torrent I've downloaded, and am over 2.0 ratio. Does anyone know a trick to fix this? I assume my account still exists since the recovery worked, and I log in at least every 2 or 3 days. Any help would be appreciated!

Account name is WiggityWhack

there isnt anything wrong with your account, but you may have been blocked from signing up if you tried 6 times without success, but from our end, nothing wrong at all.

WiggityWhack
11-22-2011, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the fast reply Stoi, you're awesome. Anyhow, on a hunch I tried logging in with Internet Explorer and there were no problems at all. For whatever reason Firefox won't bring anything up but the login screen after I put in my (valid) details. Weird. Anyhow, thanks for the quick assist Stoi =]

Alien5
11-22-2011, 09:05 AM
Try /recover.php

anon
11-22-2011, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the fast reply Stoi, you're awesome. Anyhow, on a hunch I tried logging in with Internet Explorer and there were no problems at all. For whatever reason Firefox won't bring anything up but the login screen after I put in my (valid) details. Weird. Anyhow, thanks for the quick assist Stoi =]

Login of death? Did you try clearing your Firefox cookies?

SATELITES
11-25-2011, 09:32 AM
some can help me to unable my blackcats account dissable?

Thanks in advance

aukerman
07-12-2012, 02:25 PM
I have an account that is down due to innactivity, is there any way to get it back? acc name is "Aukerman" e-mail is: [email protected]

Sorry its "aukerman10"

stan
07-12-2012, 05:59 PM
I have an account that is down due to innactivity, is there any way to get it back? acc name is "Aukerman" e-mail is: [email protected]

Sorry its "aukerman10"

Try their IRC channel but don't build your hopes up. Over 20,000 accounts have been deleted

LittleRed
07-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Hi everyone my account has been disabled for inactivity. I'm so gutted. How do I connect to their IRC channel? Thank you for your help.

anon
07-19-2012, 05:41 PM
How do I connect to their IRC channel?

Copy & paste from me on another thread (modified to suit BCG).

----------
Quick and dirty IRC guide:
download mIRC from here (http://www.mirc.com/get.php).
run it, you'll get a popup about registering it, etc. Hit Continue.
you'll get a dialog asking you for some details. Enter your name, e-mail address, your BCG username under nick. Press OK.
you'll see an empty chat window with a text field at the bottom. Type /server irc.blackcats-games.net and press Enter. Wait for it to connect.
type /join #help and press Enter. You should be on the help channel. You can talk there.

Some etiquette: state your problem once you join, be patient, and don't privately message any staff members.
----------

absent_today
07-20-2012, 02:23 AM
Accounts gets purged on BCG and there is no way to recover them once deleted gone forever

anon
07-20-2012, 02:58 AM
Accounts gets purged on BCG and there is no way to recover them once deleted gone forever

You know, some people might not agree with me on this (the ones who lost their accounts certainly won't), but I think that in a way, it's good that BCG staff are actually deleting accounts. An trend in many sites that I frankly dislike is mining as much information about their users, and storing it forever. Google and Facebook may use it to build profiles and serve profiled advertising, but in the case of BitTorrent trackers it's different. If the most popular ones ever get raided (and let's hope it never happens - I certainly don't wish it to any one), the feds have a thorough database of every user ever registered, along with his IPs, e-mail(s), list of snatches, data transferred on each and who knows what else.

dion09529
07-29-2012, 10:50 AM

For signing up a new account, just type referal in the search bar without clicking submit.

http://www.blackcats-games.net/index.php