PDA

View Full Version : BTguard !! can it get you banned in tracker ?

Evelyn
04-14-2011, 07:00 PM
guys i was just wondering, if using BTguard can get me banned in some tracker ?

i will also welcome any other way of setting VPN for torrent client.
Tried tor (used for public tracker, testing purposes only) but its cuts away my speed drastically.

ca_aok
04-14-2011, 09:09 PM
If you're using it to browse the site itself, yes.

If you're just using it for your client, it'll depend on the site in question, but in most cases this should be fine.

anon
04-14-2011, 09:39 PM
guys i was just wondering, if using BTguard can get me banned in some tracker ?

See below.

i will also welcome any other way of setting VPN for torrent client.

Just make sure the service doesn't make you unconnectable. You can also play a bit with the routing tables if not leaking your real IP is of critical importance. Other than that, there isn't much to it besides connecting to the VPN and then using your connection as usual, as far as any network program is concerned.

Tried tor (used for public tracker, testing purposes only) but its cuts away my speed drastically.

Do NOT use Tor for P2P. Seriously. Don't.

If you're using it to browse the site itself, yes.

If you're using their VPN, most of the time trackers are OK with that, but I'd ask their staff first.

Cabalo
04-14-2011, 10:03 PM

What he said. Leave the TOR network alone, please.

Vorx
04-15-2011, 12:29 AM
If you're using their VPN, most of the time trackers are OK with that, but I'd ask their staff first.

Yes, critical. I know for a fact that BitMeTV dosent allow any VPS, proxies, etc.

Evelyn
04-15-2011, 09:38 AM
im not disturbing TOR at all, just tested for 1-2 minute.
by going through all posts above, i think i should not use vpn :)
better to be safe then sorry

Frankthetank1
04-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Why not just use a seedbox and a decent firewall or router

Frankthetank1
04-15-2011, 04:12 PM
No shit

anon
04-15-2011, 04:42 PM

What did you originally want to use a VPN for?

Cabalo
04-15-2011, 08:23 PM
All this effort, Seedobxes, VPN's, etc... is it really worthy? For as little as 8$ per month you have unlimited access to the usenet, which is way faster than any tracker, absolutely safe and has HUGE contents.

I can no longer find any logic in that game.

CleverMan
04-15-2011, 09:09 PM

What he said. Leave the TOR network alone, please.
i'm curios about the reasons why tor shouldn't be assosiated with bit-torrent (or vice-versa?), i'm not into privacy networks so just wanna know, for future maybe =)

anon
04-16-2011, 02:34 AM
CleverMan: there are two big reasons. Firstly, Tor is meant to provide uncensored Internet access on countries and/or places which restrict it. Abusing the network by downloading through it means those people get sluggish speeds when using it for what it's actually meant for.

Secondly, you put the exit nodes at risk by making them transfer P2P traffic in your behalf. The implications are similar to using your neighbor's Wi-Fi to download torrents.

Evelyn
04-16-2011, 08:32 AM

What did you originally want to use a VPN for?

anonymity

All this effort, Seedobxes, VPN's, etc... is it really worthy? For as little as 8$ per month you have unlimited access to the usenet, which is way faster than any tracker, absolutely safe and has HUGE contents.

I can no longer find any logic in that game.
yesh, but to be honest, i failed every time, i went to understand how the usenet stuffs works. what i found is websites loaded of advertisement, 100 clickable shits to live nude webcams.
im not looking forward to put up any money in vpn at this time. my speed is decent & seedboxex are useless for me.

anon
04-17-2011, 02:17 AM
yesh, but to be honest, i failed every time, i went to understand how the usenet stuffs works. what i found is websites loaded of advertisement, 100 clickable shits to live nude webcams.

You must have gone to the wrong places. There's a very nice thread by Rart in the Newsgroups section that explains the basics. :)

CleverMan
04-17-2011, 05:09 PM
CleverMan: there are two big reasons. Firstly, Tor is meant to provide uncensored Internet access on countries and/or places which restrict it. Abusing the network by downloading through it means those people get sluggish speeds when using it for what it's actually meant for.

Secondly, you put the exit nodes at risk by making them transfer P2P traffic in your behalf. The implications are similar to using your neighbor's Wi-Fi to download torrents.
yeah i see, expected something like that. thanks for explanation :)