PDA

View Full Version : Karagarga (KG), new server and testing

robogo25
05-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Karagarga: http://karagarga.net/

2011-04-28
Blue Dawn
Karagarga is now running on a brand new, ultra-fast server with approximately 10 times more processing power and 4 times more memory than the previous server. This should translate to smoother browsing, reduced response times and overall performance increase of the tracker. Most likely we'll be tweaking the settings for a few weeks to squeeze every ounce of power out of the server, but you shouldn't expect more than a few minutes of downtime at a time. The database move has already been done.

If your fellow KG users have a hard time reaching our new server, let them know to flush their DNS cache (our IP has changed) and delete the KG cookie. Any further problems, consult the KG Forums. Also remember to restart your bittorrent client. Some clients have their own DNS cache.

2011-04-30
Leechfest Imminent
Now that we've settled into our new server, it's time to announce our first freeleech period in 3 years. That's right All torrents will be considered free to leech starting from Monday 9th to Sunday 15th of May for all enabled users including those on probation. During this week no download will be counted, only upload matters. Also uploading new torrents will be completely turned off including request fills. We will introduce a countdown clock and timer soon to keep you informed.

And there's a catch, or a carrot if you will, too. We have recorded a total number of peers on KG at a certain point of time. If we have doubled that amount at the end of the week-long leechfest, we will give you another week of festivities within the next two months. So keep on seeding those torrents after you've grabbed them. We will announce the number of peers to aim for before the 9th.

The basic idea of this leechfest is two-fold. Firstly, we want to stress-test our new tracker and see where its limits are at. Perhaps we need to do a tweak or two here and there. Secondly, we want to reward everyone involved for making KG such a success it has been throughout the years. We wouldn't be anything without our loyal users. Soon it's time to empty your bookmarks.

2011-05-04
Leechfest Target Set
The magic number is 350000. Nice and round number.

If we have that many total peers on Monday 16th of May, when the European staffers have woken up some hours after the freeleech period has ended, we will guarantee another leechfest within the next two months. This means that we're aiming to double our peer amount within a week. It's doable but tough. You can follow our progress from the statistics part of the front page. It's "Peers" under "Peer Statistics". Those numbers are updated once a day.

In case of any questions about or troubles during the leechfest, consult the forums, ask for help on IRC or contact Daeron directly.

;)

IdolEyes787
05-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Could you enlighten me to the purpose of your post ? :flowers:

anon
05-05-2011, 05:44 PM
This is better off in the KG review, I'd say. The freeleech announcement was already posted on its respective thread...

Night0wl
05-06-2011, 01:49 AM
But then I wouldn't have seen it, so thanks for the thread :)

Always had trouble getting even a small buffer on KG, so now I'll finally be able to really use the site.

bijoy
05-06-2011, 02:33 PM

Always had trouble getting even a small buffer on KG, so now I'll finally be able to really use the site.

Who wants to build 'huge' buffer in any tracker? :idunno:

anon
05-06-2011, 03:26 PM

People who like to share a lot, obviously. If you thought the answer was related to e-penis or seedbox whoring you're sadly mistaken.

IdolEyes787
05-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Could you enlighten me to the purpose of your post ? :flowers:

So apparently the thread was specifically created so that NightOwl could finally download some stuff from KG.Extremely limited in appeal to anyone not NightOwl but still better reason than why most of the threads are here.

robogo25
05-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Yes, of course, :unsure:

many people do not read the main page news, and KG deserves so much attention to small :yup:

a thousand apologies for having created the post :idunno:

Night0wl
05-07-2011, 03:25 AM
Since the news post clearly states that if very successful, it will maybe be a regular occurrence, this thread would be relevant to anyone, who doesn't spend his/her day reading tracker reviews and/or visits KG regularly.

So clearly robogo25 has IMHO created the best thread FST has seen in a while. :thumbsup:

IdolEyes787
05-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Since the news post clearly states that if very successful, it will maybe be a regular occurrence, this thread would be relevant to anyone, who doesn't spend his/her day reading tracker reviews and/or visits KG regularly.

So clearly robogo25 has IMHO created the best thread FST has seen in a while. :thumbsup:

I'm trying to get KG staff to organize a banfest directed at anyone who doesn't visit the site regularly just to keep the Universe in proper balance.

PS Not really.Too much work. Not to mention after reading tracker reviews and/or visiting KG there really isn't that much time left in the day.
If it ever happens though I'd like to apologize in advance to NightOwl although he probably really won't know what happened to his account until robogo tells him.

sbovisjb1
05-10-2011, 11:42 PM

Because Karagarga is next to impossible to get a good ratio, even with a seedbox. I'm majoring in film studies and KG has been a life send. Even my prof downloads his films from KG.

CleverMan
05-11-2011, 06:23 AM

Because Karagarga is next to impossible to get a good ratio, even with a seedbox. I'm majoring in film studies and KG has been a life send. Even my prof downloads his films from KG.
you are wrong, it's very possible to have good ratio on kg. i had ratio about 4 with 100 Gb downloaded till freeleech, and about 100 Gbs of upload were bonus, so even not having used featured torrents i would have ratio above 1. (upload speed is 5-6 mbit/s, and i'm seeding at other trackers as well).

madmin
05-14-2011, 05:02 AM
I'm majoring in film studies and KG has been a life send. Even my prof downloads his films from KG.
Am your prof and I have to admit KG is one of the better places for this kind of niche. It's good to know they upgraded servers.

n00bz0r
05-14-2011, 12:15 PM
you are wrong, it's very possible to have good ratio on kg. i had ratio about 4 with 100 Gb downloaded till freeleech, and about 100 Gbs of upload were bonus, so even not having used featured torrents i would have ratio above 1. (upload speed is 5-6 mbit/s, and i'm seeding at other trackers as well).
Not everyone has the good fortune of being able to refer to 5-6mbit line as a slow one.
Having said that, KG is pretty difficult to seed at, for most regular peeps.