PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a rare(ish?) TV series.

Quarterquack
05-15-2011, 09:45 AM
Could anyone possibly point me in the direction of Mari-Kari the animated TV series that aired last year? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Quality is not a concern. I'm also willing to buy it, however, I can't find anywhere that seems to have that option.

mjmacky
05-15-2011, 05:08 PM
Looking at it, it was a FEARnet web series. This might be why you can't find any encoded copies, probably a web rip is all you'll be able to find at the moment.
http://www.fearnet.com/shows/mari_kari/videos/index.html

It's also on Hulu

Quarterquack
05-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Right but it won't run off of FearNET, anyone know of Hulu ripping tools?

anon
05-15-2011, 06:41 PM
anyone know of Hulu ripping tools?

I searched Google a bit, but didn't find anything concrete. Apparently, they use RTMP and encrypt streams to discourage ripping.

mjmacky
05-16-2011, 03:35 AM
I had used StreamTransport up until recently (March), as it stopped working with no new development on the prog. There is another program that reportedly works, but it's not free and I don't know about "free" copies... GetFLV. I have not been able to truly DEMO it, as their trial was pretty much useless for testing purposes. I was going to try it for grabbing HuluHD videos. I would investigate that before giving up completely.

Right but it won't run off of FearNET, anyone know of Hulu ripping tools?

Hmm don't know if it's a regional thing, but it works when I try to run it off FearNET. Also, being curious, I watched the first episode and it feels very cliched in the dialogue and mannerisms as the way typical american cartoons are presented. What's pulling your interest in it?

Quarterquack
05-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Interesting that your FearNET works. To answer your question: what's pulling my interest towards it is the writer. I have grown to love any animated media Jody Schaeffer puts forward. He has a fantastic signature to his work that I do truly admire, and yes, I have actually seen one episode of Mari-Kari, and I do agree that it is very cliche and closer to American-based cartoons (Foster's/Camp Lazlo but with blood) than it is to Japanimations, as is Schaeffer's usual direction. Though, I do hope I will still watch it all and enjoy it nonetheless.

I will admit I haven't spent enough time reviewing my options for Hulu downloading but it seems a lot of them are elaborate, unreliable, and U.S. loving in nature, and my being a moose-lover is getting in the way. I'm hesitant to say this, but is there any chance you could queue you the 8 episodes in a flash downloader for me, macky? I'm sure jdownloader has such functionality, as long as you copy all the URLs. I'd say I'd make it worth your time making it available for me, but I have no idea what I could do to show my gratitude.

anon
05-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Apparently you can get FearNet to work if you use a US VPN - the videos wouldn't load with my real address, but connecting to Hostizzle did the trick.

^ Wow, that post actually got through. Had to struggle with laggy and faulty Wi-Fi today. :dabs:

mjmacky
05-17-2011, 02:24 AM
I'm hesitant to say this, but is there any chance you could queue you the 8 episodes in a flash downloader for me, macky? I'm sure jdownloader has such functionality, as long as you copy all the URLs. I'd say I'd make it worth your time making it available for me, but I have no idea what I could do to show my gratitude.

You mean pull it from FEARnet? I haven't used jdownloader before, and you wouldn't mind if I procrastinated just a little do you? If I pull them off, I'm also going to package them appropriately (non flash-based container). Then I could put them up on DDL or usenet, whichever. Let me know