PDA

View Full Version : Rc?

Polarbear
05-19-2011, 08:01 PM
What does RC in movie release names mean?

anon
05-19-2011, 08:08 PM
The RC in the movie name = Region C The other RC movie I got was "The Mechanic" and the quality was horrible, also there were shots of the boom mic and all kinds of unedited scenes. I would stay away from any kind of RC release as I think it means it's not the final version of the movie. Maybe someone can clear this up.

Check out the comments for the RC version of "The Mechanic", link below and someone posted screen shots of some of the unedited scenes:

*link removed*

Blu-ray Discs use a much simpler region-code system than DVD with only 3 regions, labeled A, B, and C.

* Region A includes most North, Central and South American and Southeast Asian countries plus the Republic of China (Taiwan), Hong Kong, Japan and Korea.
* Region B includes most European, African and southwest Asian countries plus Australia and New Zealand.
* Region C contains the remaining central and south Asian countries, as well as the People's Republic of China and Russia.

I found this on a TPB torrent.

Cabalo
05-19-2011, 08:39 PM
I believe it means recut.

stan
05-19-2011, 11:38 PM
Anon's post has the technical details right. Basically it is the HD version of a R5 using a Blu-Ray as the video source rather than the DVD. As with the R5 audio quality can vary enormously. In fact I have yet so see one of these early releases with studio audio. English studio audio that is.

mati
05-20-2011, 01:33 AM
The RC in the movie name = Region C The other RC movie I got was "The Mechanic" and the quality was horrible, also there were shots of the boom mic and all kinds of unedited scenes. I would stay away from any kind of RC release as I think it means it's not the final version of the movie. Maybe someone can clear this up.

Check out the comments for the RC version of "The Mechanic", link below and someone posted screen shots of some of the unedited scenes:

*link removed*

Blu-ray Discs use a much simpler region-code system than DVD with only 3 regions, labeled A, B, and C.

* Region A includes most North, Central and South American and Southeast Asian countries plus the Republic of China (Taiwan), Hong Kong, Japan and Korea.
* Region B includes most European, African and southwest Asian countries plus Australia and New Zealand.
* Region C contains the remaining central and south Asian countries, as well as the People's Republic of China and Russia.

I found this on a TPB torrent.

and i found this on IPT :D

RC means the source is Russian Bluray, which is far less quality than a retail bluray. It's just an R5 Bluray, Region 5 Bluray just like an R5 is a Russian DVD, not a retail DVD. The American movie studios release DVDs and Blurays in Russia faster than they do in every other part of the world to combat the huge piracy problem in Russia. They sell these at like corner stores everywhere in Russia for low prices, that way the movie studios are making some money on their movies, instead of nothing as the Russian Mob controls everything. With all that said, these releases lack the quality of a retail DVD because they are created so fast, with a Telecine Machine.

telecore
05-20-2011, 10:23 AM
The keyword is 'Telecine'

RCs are encodes from digital telecine sources: picture size 2048x1080 pixels and very high bitrate (160-200 Mbit/sec).

The main difference is that the picture is somewhat brighter (brightness over 256) and the color is gamma ITU 709 (instead of ITU 601)