PDA

View Full Version : Does Bittorrent Suck For Anyone Else?

Mat_At_Home
11-10-2003, 04:21 PM
Today before I left school I resumed my BitTorrent download [Finding Nemo The PC Game] and in the time that it should have taken to download about 100mb it only downloaded a total of... 5. What the heck! What has made me even more raging is that I am by no means greedy and I am only too keen to help others out, so why do my downloads stop.. and say downloading 5kb/s when they aren't, but they still upload, and all other users are getting FAST downloads, and LARGE downloads, and Im getting pathetically slow ones, and shitty ones at that. I'm sorry but I am raging! :(

Mat

tracydani
11-10-2003, 04:37 PM
It's possible that you were the person with the largest amount of the file online today. This could have caused you to pretty much only upload. Sometimes seeds go offline.

Otherwise, maybe your firewall is blocking some connections?

TD

Mat_At_Home
11-10-2003, 04:38 PM
I doubt it. When Norton asked me about allowing file connections I allowed it. But then again.. you know Norton :P Thanks anyway...

Gre1
11-10-2003, 04:42 PM
It's not the firewall it's from resuming, when u were downloading at first it probably was going fast but if u stop it then try to get back in u are like one of the last leechers if their are alot of leechers, that's what happended to me and Bad Boys 2 I started off at my max speed then the recycle bin messed up the explorer and Bad Boys 2 wasn't in the taskbar anymore so I restarted then I was getting a slow as speed.

Mat_At_Home
11-10-2003, 05:17 PM
So there is no way around this? :S

DasScoot
11-10-2003, 08:22 PM
I do find my results with BT to be pretty inconsistant, ranging from great to nothing at all.

DVD PIRATE III
11-10-2003, 08:32 PM
Thats the most honest thing ive heard about BT...lol

PS im talking bout the post above me

kaydeecaine
11-10-2003, 11:42 PM
Try using shareaza for downloading torrents.
it works a lot better for me.

(p.s:in the options u have to change from kb/s to KB/s)

jdub87
11-11-2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by Mat_At_Home@10 November 2003 - 16:21
Today before I left school I resumed my BitTorrent download [Finding Nemo The PC Game] and in the time that it should have taken to download about 100mb it only downloaded a total of... 5. What the heck! What has made me even more raging is that I am by no means greedy and I am only too keen to help others out, so why do my downloads stop.. and say downloading 5kb/s when they aren't, but they still upload, and all other users are getting FAST downloads, and LARGE downloads, and Im getting pathetically slow ones, and shitty ones at that. I'm sorry but I am raging! :(

Mat
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~hamilton/btclie...g.html#FWConfig (http://userpages.umbc.edu/~hamilton/btclientconfig.html#FWConfig)

Your on a router right? If so you need to foward port 6881 to your comp.