PDA

View Full Version : About my one diagnosis.

Quarterquack
06-09-2011, 06:22 AM
Early onset rheumatoid. Top that, TrOleg.

EDIT: By the way, serious thread, serious diagnosis, serious condition, serious forum. Make heartless jokes, and I will rip you to shreds. I have watched an aunt suffer from it till death, as well as my mom fight it for the better part of the past decade. So, yes, tread carefully if you're going to troll here, but I'm not idiotic to ask for solemnity. Jokes are welcome. I just thought people with actual conditions should post more about them.

mjmacky
06-09-2011, 07:38 AM
Oh not fair darth rings, you call it "about my one diagnosis" yet won't let anyone have any fun with it. Such a cock tease.

So, does it affect your ability to post, like how you never got back to me in the other thread and left me hanging for 3 weeks now?

OlegL
06-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Early onset rheumatoid. Top that, TrOleg.

EDIT: By the way, serious thread, serious diagnosis, serious condition, serious forum. Make heartless jokes, and I will rip you to shreds. I have watched an aunt suffer from it till death, as well as my mom fight it for the better part of the past decade. So, yes, tread carefully if you're going to troll here, but I'm not idiotic to ask for solemnity. Jokes are welcome. I just thought people with actual conditions should post more about them.

I never heard of this condition before, but I hope it's treatable. I mean, I hope there is a treatment available for it that is able to reduce the sufferings of the people affected by this condition. You said your condition is still in an early stage, so I really hope if you start fighting it now, it won't become a lot worse.
Now, even though I sincerely wish you well, you do realize that I also posted about my diagnoses in the serious forum?

Quarterquack
06-09-2011, 10:07 AM
So, does it affect your ability to post, like how you never got back to me in the other thread and left me hanging for 3 weeks now?

I'm juggling four jobs (graphic designing for an upcoming game, helping wedding setups every weekend, TA'ing a physics course, co-administrating a little organization friends and I started last year) and a girlfriend. Life does tend up to catch up with me at the worst times. If I pissed you off, then all I can say is, I'm sorry, but there really was nothing stopping you from PM'ing me and saying "Hey, you prick, was replying to me here so hard?" I still don't know what thread you're talking about by the way, but at least by virtue of my drop in activity level recently you can appreciate that I wasn't going out of my way to ignore you specifically.

And you can make all the fun you want. Just make it tasteful. There's a difference between laughing about it and being insensitive/hurtful.

I never heard of this condition before, but I hope it's treatable. I mean, I hope there is a treatment available for it that is able to reduce the sufferings of the people affected by this condition. You said your condition is still in an early stage, so I really hope if you start fighting it now, it won't become a lot worse.
Now, even though I sincerely wish you well, you do realize that I also posted about my diagnoses in the serious forum?

Treatment is available. I'm probably going to go through with it until the pain gets unbearable. Then I will off myself.

mjmacky
06-09-2011, 11:58 AM
If I pissed you off, then all I can say is, I'm sorry, but there really was nothing stopping you from PM'ing me and saying "Hey, you prick, was replying to me here so hard?"

No dude you didn't piss me off, you were asking for a favor and never responded with the details I asked for. I just missed an opportunity to be helpful is all. On the plus side, I avoided the extra work. A lot of the shit I do myself always have these pockets of 10-30 minutes of waiting around, which for the past several months I've kept that time filled by bullshitting making meaningful posts on this forum. I got put in charge of the peptide/mass spec facility for the summer, had to learn a lot and fix/troubleshoot instrumentation I was previously unfamiliar with (time vampire), but can't beat that kind of experience.

I never heard of this condition before, but I hope it's treatable

Seriously, you've never heard of rheumatoid arthritis, how closed off from the world are you? If you were 19 like I previously assumed, I would have let this slide, but you managed to make it to (29?) without so much as hearing about rheumatoid arthritis (among many other things as it would suggest)? Come on Oleg

IdolEyes787
06-09-2011, 12:13 PM
How is one actually diagnosed with early rheumatoid arthritis?I thought that symptoms were too akin to general arthritis and it was more or less a wait and see situation.

mjmacky
06-09-2011, 12:48 PM
How is one actually diagnosed with early rheumatoid arthritis?

Like any disease, a set of symptoms are presented to a physician, and that's followed up with a series of medical tests until the physician is confident with a particular diagnosis

OK, kidding aside, general arthritis or osteoarthritis relates to the wear and tear of joints that lead to acute cases of pain. Rheumatoid arthritis is a very different monster when there is inflammation of the tissues around the joints, consequent of an auto-immune response. Given the nature of rheumatoid arthritis, it can affect all ages, whereas osteoarthritis is a condition typically experienced by the elderly and sports athletes.

Quarterquack
06-09-2011, 04:25 PM
I got put in charge of the peptide/mass spec facility for the summer

Oh I completely feel you. Last year on the off-season off competitions (I mainly just do iGem nowadays)/waiting for research funding I decided to pick up a job on my spare time. Worked for the local RCMP office. And did VNTR's. And then some VNTR's. And during my breaks? VN bloody TR's. It was the most horrifying experience of my life. Especially because I didn't want to lose focus and mess it up. So yeah, I did have those 90 minute wait periods randomly at the same time, and would do anything to get out of it. Mass specs on the other hand are a completely different ordeal. I hate those things. It's like after numbing your mind with the repetitiveness of loading the samples/making pastes, you have to suffer the kick start to the analysis, and it always phases me out for a good 5-10 minutes. At least whenever I work them I don't have to deal with protein spectra. Seriously, how can people even say yes to that idea?

How is one actually diagnosed with early rheumatoid arthritis?I thought that symptoms were too akin to general arthritis and it was more or less a wait and see situation.

My hand swelled up to about twice its size, and changed colors from blue to red to extremely pale, and back to blue. Went to see the doc's and he diagnosed Raynaud's. Since I have a family history of Rheumatoid he decided to antibody test for it, on the extremely slim off-chance that I have secondary Raynaud's (at this point I want to point out the heritability is so low it cannot be proven, people my age group are hardly affected, and it usually strikes females - so what does that tell you about my lottery chances). I myself thought that it was a long shot, but worthwhile. Two positives.

Going for more tests in about a week to find out more, it may be something like Lupus after all ("It's never Lupus.") - family history and symptoms thus far hint at RA almost unequivocally - and to decide on treatment options.

:whistling

megabyteme
06-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Sincerely sorry to hear of the news, Rings. I can't even come up with anything tasteless to say at the moment. Is there any chance we could simply transfer your disease to Oleg, it's not like he is actually doing anything with his life. What's one more diagnosis for him...

OlegL
06-09-2011, 11:51 PM
it's not like he is actually doing anything with his life.

You have a point. I so don't wanna do the college work, and my two INC (incomplete) grades already changed to FIN (F incomplete) grades. However, a week ago I called them and they told me there is still a chance I can stay on (or get off) the academic probation and avoid dismissal from the college if I convince my professors to let me finish the work that I am missing. Oh man, now almost the whole week passed and I didn't speak to the professors yet. However, tomorrow is Friday, so I will definitely force myself to go there tomorrow to speak with the people I need to speak with. But man, on one hand I want to be with normal people, but on the other hand, so don't wanna do the work...
Anyway, Darth Rings, not sure what to tell you about your problem, but even if you experience a lot of pain, belief in God will help you.
And mjmacky, you see, English is not my first language and I indeed never heard of the term "rheumatoid" before. However, in Russian, we have the word "rheumatitis", but I always thought it wasn't a serious condition. My father actually used some electronic machine to fight pain in his back and, as far as I remember, he mentioned he had rheumatitis, but he never talks about it now, so I guess he doesn't feel pain in his back anymore, but I'll call him today and ask him about it.

mjmacky
06-10-2011, 09:12 AM
And mjmacky, you see, English is not my first language and I indeed never heard of the term "rheumatoid" before. However, in Russian, we have the word "rheumatitis", but I always thought it wasn't a serious condition. My father actually used some electronic machine to fight pain in his back and, as far as I remember, he mentioned he had rheumatitis, but he never talks about it now, so I guess he doesn't feel pain in his back anymore, but I'll call him today and ask him about it.

Not only have you heard of it, but you're dad may have suffered from it
OK, Oleg, you got me there, I walked right into that one.

Belief in god helps only a person's psychological state. Belief in a placebo has an equivalent effect as belief in god. In controlled studies, placebos have been shown to have positive effects, but in no situation does it even compare to actual verifiable medical treatments.

OlegL
06-12-2011, 12:52 AM
Okay, guys, I confused radiculitis with rheumatoid. I just spoke to my father on the phone and he told me that many years ago he had radiculitis, but he never had rheumatoid.

mjmacky
06-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Sooooo glad you got that cleared up

megabyteme
06-12-2011, 11:16 PM
Oleg knows his father???! Sure glad I didn't place money on that one...

mjmacky
06-12-2011, 11:33 PM

Ha, now I recommend starting a thread called: "Ask Oleg's father". It'll be intended for questions we want Oleg to pose to his father when he phones him.

Hologram
06-13-2011, 08:50 AM

Ha, now I recommend starting a thread called: "Ask Oleg's father". It'll be intended for questions we want Oleg to pose to his father when he phones him.

Nothing better than a knowledge of russian elders. I say yes to thread.

Quarterquack
06-14-2011, 10:19 AM

This will be like that one time where Martin Sheen guest starred on Two and a Half Men.

EDIT: I'm assuming half a person will get the joke, so if nobody gets it, I'd be willing to explain it.

Hologram
06-14-2011, 12:59 PM

This will be like that one time where Martin Sheen guest starred on Two and a Half Men.

EDIT: I'm assuming half a person will get the joke, so if nobody gets it, I'd be willing to explain it.

Explain it.

mjmacky
06-14-2011, 03:00 PM

It can't be any better than Martin Sheen's cameo in Hot Shots

Quarterquack
06-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Explain it.

Martin Sheen guest starred as Rose's father; Rose being a psychopath and stalker, her dad was assumed sane until he got on-screen and then he was discovered to be a psychologically unstable realtionship-desperate house-sitting slob.

I drew a parallel to Oleg.

CQ1ST
06-14-2011, 05:19 PM
http://www.zimbio.com/Apple+Cider+Vinegar/articles/259/Rheumatoid+Arthritis+Natural+Cures

I thought I'd look up the Apple Cider Vinegar preventative, as I know it's great for gout and wondered if it would help arthritis. And sure enough, people say it helps this condition also. If I were you I'd start drinking ACV+honey+water daily to keep it from flaring up - and, according to that page, some Flax Seed Oil for all your cooking + some stir-frys with ginger and garlic? As a preventative (every day) - man, you should look into it

Man it's harsh to see the most productive of us get hit with disease that can stop all that

OlegL
06-14-2011, 06:51 PM
Explain it.

Martin Sheen guest starred as Rose's father; Rose being a psychopath and stalker, her dad was assumed sane until he got on-screen and then he was discovered to be a psychologically unstable realtionship-desperate house-sitting slob.

I drew a parallel to Oleg.

She was really a psychopath? I don't even remember that sitcom. I think I almost never watched it. I remember watching other comedy sitcoms such as "Family Matters" and "Saved By the Bell", but it was really a long time ago.
Edit: "Sabrina - teenage witch" also just came to my mind; I watched a few episodes of it.

mjmacky
06-14-2011, 07:10 PM
You never watched Clarissa Explains it All, and that's why you're still a virgin.

megabyteme
06-14-2011, 09:44 PM
You never watched Clarissa Explains it All, and that's why you're still a virgin.

Damn. I never knew she explained that much. :O

mjmacky
06-15-2011, 12:20 AM

Damn. I never knew she explained that much. :O

She covered such topics as:
How to talk to pretty girls to get laid
How to avoid security guards
How to talk to prostitutes
How to not get banned from private BT sites.

I mean, I would have hit a lot of pitfalls without her

OlegL
06-15-2011, 06:21 AM
You guys are so lucky 'cause you have goals in life; you probably have jobs, relationships, and other things. And in some way, I am like a mentally retarded person 'cause I can't even force myself to brush my teeth or take a shower. My life is uninteresting and empty.
At least the OP can work (dunno though what the word juggle means; a dictionary suggests it means moving, so I guess when he says that he juggles 4 jobs, he means he has 4 jobs?) and he probably has rich social and intellectual life, despite his recent diagnosis... But me... I am probably worse off than anyone else here.

megabyteme
06-15-2011, 07:27 AM
Damn. She sounds WAY more interesting than Oleg. Or his dad...

OlegL
06-15-2011, 11:18 AM
wtf.

Hologram
06-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Damn. She sounds WAY more interesting than Oleg. Or his dad...

Those sir, are lies. Let me tell you, Oleg's dad is a very entertaining person.

megabyteme
06-15-2011, 05:04 PM
Well, more than some obviously...

mjmacky
06-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Oleg's dad could probably tap that

megabyteme
06-16-2011, 01:03 AM
He's apparently got more game than Oleg. :idunno:

OlegL
06-16-2011, 01:15 AM

Tap what? What do you mean? I know the meaning of the word tap when it's used in the context of "tapping keys", but I don't know what you mean by "tap" here... Damn, English drives me crazy...

mjmacky
06-16-2011, 01:29 AM
He's apparently got more game than Oleg. :idunno:

But of course you know, he's not a virgin. I'd take it a step further and venture that he's a regular ladies' ho's man, and that's what drives Oleg's feelings of inadequacy.

mjmacky
06-16-2011, 01:32 AM

Tap what?

Even though I suggested it, I forgot who we were talking about. Melissa Joan Hart had me mesmerized when I was young, even before that show came out. I visited her set at Universal before they began airing it.

megabyteme
06-16-2011, 04:46 AM

Melissa Joan Hart
Where you’ve seen her:
As the perkiest spellcaster to hit TV since Bewitched's Samantha in Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, and in the movies Drive Me Crazy and Rent Control. You might also remember her as the controversial cover girl of Maxim's October 1999 issue, which featured the TV witch in nary more than a stitch.

Goodtime girl:
“I'm not doing this [posing for Maxim] for any kind of shock value or to show that I can do this. I'm just trying to have fun more than anything.”

Body shot:
“If they could promise me it wasn't camera-between-my-knees kind of shots, I would do it. I would do topless. I think it's empowering. Though if my mother had a real big problem with it, I'd have to say no right now.”
Kiss and tell:
“I'm a pretty open person. Like, if I have good sex, then the next day I'm going to tell everyone I know about it.”

She's not the hottest, but she certainly had something. :happy:

OlegL
06-16-2011, 04:52 AM

Melissa Joan Hart
Where you’ve seen her:
As the perkiest spellcaster to hit TV since Bewitched's Samantha in Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, and in the movies Drive Me Crazy and Rent Control. You might also remember her as the controversial cover girl of Maxim's October 1999 issue, which featured the TV witch in nary more than a stitch.

Goodtime girl:
“I'm not doing this [posing for Maxim] for any kind of shock value or to show that I can do this. I'm just trying to have fun more than anything.”

Body shot:
“If they could promise me it wasn't camera-between-my-knees kind of shots, I would do it. I would do topless. I think it's empowering. Though if my mother had a real big problem with it, I'd have to say no right now.”
Kiss and tell:
“I'm a pretty open person. Like, if I have good sex, then the next day I'm going to tell everyone I know about it.”

Damn, the woman on that picture is a hottie. :)

mjmacky
06-16-2011, 04:52 AM

If images like that one of her came out but 4 years earlier, the fapping would have been unstoppable. Well... not like it wasn't already incessant.

mjmacky
06-16-2011, 04:54 AM
Damn, the woman on that picture is a hottie. :)

You already know who she is, proof:

"Sabrina - teenage witch" also just came to my mind

OlegL
07-25-2011, 06:04 PM
Top that, TrOleg.

You sometimes say some really stupid and bizarre things and then you call me a troll?.. Man, you are a puzzle.

a7x
07-25-2011, 07:44 PM
To check what happen between OP and Oleg give me headache.Hundreds of post history.Ignore this post,carry on :happy:

tokerjam
07-28-2011, 12:47 PM
HI to Everyone, My Name is Herry, i am newbie in this forum, i got very useful information in this forum. Gud Work :)

mjmacky
07-28-2011, 03:28 PM
HI to Everyone, My Name is Herry, i am newbie in this forum, i got very useful information in this forum. Gud Work :)

That was fucking terrible, your post gets an F (or E, 6, 0 points, depending on where you're from... point is you fail)