PDA

View Full Version : TheBlackHand,me

reddy
06-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Is TBH down , for the past one week i am not able to login through the login link, could some one help me

Swepsycho
06-10-2011, 04:52 PM
tracker name is so rasist... :mellow: wat is url can u say..?

fox92
06-10-2011, 04:58 PM
means you got disabled

bijoy
06-10-2011, 05:23 PM
For past 1 weeks that site is down for more time than that of up & running time

anon
06-10-2011, 07:33 PM
means you got disabled

I don't think so. I'm not a member so they can't ban me or my IP, yet I can't access the site either. Usually visiting theblackhand.me would get you to a page with just their logo, but it doesn't even load.

ca_aok
06-10-2011, 07:38 PM
It's been down pretty much every time I've checked for the last few weeks.

kingeater
06-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Yeah, looks like its dead as disco.

mjmacky
06-11-2011, 12:18 AM

But that would mean it's alive and kicking, maaan you be talkin' that jive

fox92
06-11-2011, 05:25 AM
means you got disabled

I don't think so. I'm not a member so they can't ban me or my IP, yet I can't access the site either. Usually visiting theblackhand.me would get you to a page with just their logo, but it doesn't even load.

oh alright, sorry for the mis-information then :\

karachidude
06-11-2011, 04:24 PM

totally man

reddy
06-15-2011, 04:41 PM
would some one help me through there irc

anon
06-15-2011, 04:51 PM
would some one help me through there irc

What do you need help with? The site doesn't even seem to be working.

reddy
06-15-2011, 05:13 PM
:huh: cant believe it...they were fine few weeks bac, usually there login is through a specific login link which is mailed to the email add provided by the user at the time of registrartion and then through a pin ..kinda double security ...thats how the site opens to the page ...well anon...as u r an experienced member ..i am convinced that site is having prob...thanks anon

mrtoke09
06-16-2011, 07:53 PM
:huh: cant believe it...they were fine few weeks bac, usually there login is through a specific login link which is mailed to the email add provided by the user at the time of registrartion and then through a pin ..kinda double security ...thats how the site opens to the page ...well anon...as u r an experienced member ..i am convinced that site is having prob...thanks anon

looks like there having sever probs :/ im getting the same :P hopefully they will be back up soon and yes im a member and no ive not been banned :cool:

kingeater
06-17-2011, 06:42 AM
I can confirm what Jebus said about there being something in the pipeline at the moment...and I assure you should it all come into fruition it will be with a complete and utter focus on stability and consistency.

The constant downtimes towards the end of TBH pissed us staff off every bit as much as it pissed off the users, if anything it pissed us off even more! We certainly do not want things to be like that ever again.

Just waiting on a few things to sort out...but it looks like we've at least picked out the server lol...sooner than later this will happen!
May 15th is the back up we will use ;)

Figured you guys could use an update on wtf is going on. :P

bijoy
06-17-2011, 07:00 AM
One of the admin there is a member here, (can't remember his name) and I'm hoping to get some kind of news from him sooner or later.

kingeater
06-17-2011, 07:52 AM
Which one? Bumrocks? Considering Jebus and Paradox8 are just a step below Admin, they're pretty good sources :P
/Also, hearing some of it from a mod there helps too hehe

n00bz0r
06-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Hope ya guys get back online soon enough. I had some TBH rips added to the queue to DL. :P

bijoy
06-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Which one? Bumrocks? Considering Jebus and Paradox8 are just a step below Admin, they're pretty good sources :P
/Also, hearing some of it from a mod there helps too hehe

Yes, I was referring to Bumrocks. Actually it is almost impossible to remember every nick everytime. So....:P

kingeater
06-17-2011, 08:09 PM
Hehe, true enough. I could only keep track half of the time anyways. BTW, I loved those short films that you used to up over there. Would've snatched em if I didn't already have em :P

bumrocks
06-19-2011, 02:44 AM
Edit...

Anything you hear from any staff member, including kingeater, should be up to date info. To clarify one other thing...The previous owner will have nothing to do with the site once back up. He is completely unreliable, much like the site was. Therefore, as we pirates have been known to do...Mutiny.

Cabalo
06-19-2011, 03:15 AM
What you originally posted was much more interesting.
Anyway, another tracker suffering from the same major problem many other suffered, in these times of economical recession.

bumrocks
06-19-2011, 03:43 AM
What you originally posted was much more interesting.

Indeed it was...lmao! I spoke when I myself hadn't spoken to anyone in a few days...Read back a page, and realized my mistake. If I thought you actually cared I would explain further via PM, but I know you don't. Which is okay. I am learning to care less about such things myself ;)

In regards to the other comment...Donations came in. Yes, PMs and announcements were made to push such things along, but the bills were always paid. I think this is a simple case of the owner simply dumping a site that took too much of his time up...And needed more time than most or should have due to the code in which it was written in. As I understand it, the code was the root of most problems. Gazelle site was being worked on but obviously this took up even more of his time...I guess the pay wasn't good enough.

^ But this is only a guess as he has never came forward and said shit that I am aware of...

Cabalo
06-19-2011, 03:52 AM
Assuming this is the de facto demise of TBH, at least I must admit the people there ( I know you, and have no idea who the other are) managed to lower the profile CN previously had, and to establish a different rapport with the surrounding communities. That's called learning from the mistakes, and I can only congratulate those who did.

EDIT: Huh, seems I followed my reply by what I read before the edit. Anyway, still stands valid everything written after the first comma.

1000possibleclaws
06-19-2011, 04:37 AM
Was the previous owner iKiller or something like that?

kingeater
06-19-2011, 08:19 AM
Yeah, I didn't mind the skepticism to my statements, figured they liked to hear from the boss himself :P I'll keep this thread up to date with any new shiz that develops. Also, iKiller was the main coder for CN. I *think* it was someone else that owned the site besides him, but he did a very large chunk of the coding for the site. Ask someone else to confirm that last bit, but I am ~87% sure. ~10% it could've been him running things, and the the other 2-3% could be I have no long-term memory left :P

A
06-19-2011, 12:09 PM
TheDevil?

t00z
06-19-2011, 02:54 PM
1000possibleclaws / AbyBeats: You guys are now dropping previous previous names afaik. Before the site went down for the first time. iKiller has never owned it iirc.

No clue about what happened after that, I only visited the site a handful of times. I believe my account was even disabled due to activity on the new CN :blink:

1000possibleclaws
06-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Yeah I was thinking of TheDevil. He was not the owner?

n00bz0r
06-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Why is everyone so concerned about the ownership status of a site that is no longer around? o_O

As for TBH, I hope you guys get back online soon.
I kinda liked CN better when it resurrected as TBH with bumrocks in charge, as there were some level headed peeps running the show, for a change. (Excluding RedHat, for obvious reasons :| )

bumrocks
06-19-2011, 05:42 PM

(Excluding RedHat, for obvious reasons :| )

^ Owner that I have been speaking of...

TheDevil was not an owner, but for the most part it was his baby. The whole concept and most ideas originally came from him.

1000possibleclaws
06-21-2011, 05:38 AM
The little I've known via word of mouth, you guys had some pretty good concepts working for you. However, knowing absolutely nothing of the situation, I am not very surprised that an owner would jump ship from such a seemingly time intensive / low payout project, regardless of the actual specific reason. I see no love in owning such a site; if anything its just an terrible excuse to spiral yourself into an unproductive hobby obsession. Three years plus of holding onto this guys attention is a pretty big accomplishment if you want to call it that.

kingeater
07-01-2011, 12:52 AM
Some random updates as to the new project:

Rather than drag the users through the slow process of building the same site back up twice in less than a year it was decided that getting v2 finished and coming back with that would be the best way forward and hopefully retain the most users. Coming back with a revamped site would in my opinion spark more interest in the site and would be a bit more exciting than coming back to the same old thing.
... All in all, a new site would allow for a fresh start for a tracker which has had a very rough run.

That's all for now. No real timeframe for it coming back up, for the sole reason that it isn't coming ack a half-assed/rushed site just to crash all over again.

LazyGuy
07-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Some random updates as to the new project:

Rather than drag the users through the slow process of building the same site back up twice in less than a year it was decided that getting v2 finished and coming back with that would be the best way forward and hopefully retain the most users. Coming back with a revamped site would in my opinion spark more interest in the site and would be a bit more exciting than coming back to the same old thing.
... All in all, a new site would allow for a fresh start for a tracker which has had a very rough run.

That's all for now. No real timeframe for it coming back up, for the sole reason that it isn't coming ack a half-assed/rushed site just to crash all over again.
just a suggestion
when the site does come back up, how about having the torrents below a certain size say 2 GB Freeleech?
it would help the existing users who have taken a hit in the ratio due to the downtime and also attract fresh users to make up for those who left the site?

bumrocks
07-06-2011, 03:27 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they come back and start with some freeleech, in general, for everyone...

karachidude
07-06-2011, 07:00 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they come back and start with some freeleech, in general, for everyone...

u not part of the project anymore??

TheXman
07-09-2011, 12:57 PM
the site is and always will be down :P

bijoy
07-09-2011, 03:03 PM

and you are out of theblackhand staff team?

ca_aok
07-09-2011, 03:39 PM
I've got to be honest, I thought the place was a sinking ship ever since its revival. It wasn't long before the donation begging started again, and recovering from a complete loss of torrents is crippling for any site. It either should have been revived immediately (with a backup of at least some of the torrents) or shouldn't have been revived at all.

VinX
07-09-2011, 08:35 PM

A3M
07-11-2011, 11:44 PM

Who controls it now bumrocks ? Check your pm.

mrtoke09
07-12-2011, 12:49 PM
any news on when site will be back ?

VinX
07-14-2011, 07:48 PM
any news on when site will be back ?

http://www.barnaclepress.com/images/block_ThemDaysIsGoneForever.gif

ducray
01-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Yes, CN has made a return.

Yes, most of the old staff along with new are there. Yes, it is starting out much like CN did in its early days. Here is the bottom line. Certain members of staff take privacy more seriously than others. There is no reasoning behind faulting them for that. There are those of us, like I, that are fairly easy to find and have a pretty open conversation with anyone that wants it. I can't over-rule or take peoples considerations out of the equation and have to respect their needs/wants.

The intention of the site is to grow fairly slowly. For financial or any number of other reasons a lot of sites don't have this option. Don't think wrongly cause we have this option and choose to take it. Please, don't put the leet label on this. We have given members invites at varying times. I have invited close to 30 myself. Many are members here and I am sure I will end up inviting more...The site is not designed to be inaccessible. Open to friends and their friends, etc. About the only thing we ask is that you not share info about the site publicly, without first speaking to staff about it. There is no rule about speaking privately...We are not fanatical or some shit. I know that only makes people want to do it all the more...I am a realist. The rule is there, to not cause drama or give a false sense of importance but because a few people wish it and their reasons don't have a good argument from me.

With that said, I still expect flaming and that is okay...Cause I'm still a realist. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, as well. But this is from me to you on the subject with what I am right in the middle of. Make of it what you will.

Anyone know the signup url?

korton
01-09-2012, 10:03 AM
That is Bumrocks you are quoting from another thread:

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/443103-CN-Again-Again

bumrocks
01-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Anyone know the signup url?

There isn't and won't be one. That was a terrible bump when the thread was readily available to you that the previous poster pointed out, btw.

ducray
01-10-2012, 06:04 AM

No my friend:http://insidebt.blogspot.com/2012/01/cn-is-back-online-again.html

anon
01-10-2012, 05:33 PM

No my friend:http://insidebt.blogspot.com/2012/01/cn-is-back-online-again.html

You're saying the guys in that blog copied the announcement before bumrocks posted it? :idunno:

ducray
01-10-2012, 08:46 PM
I guess not,i don't know.Anyway,sorry it was a little mistake.