PDA

View Full Version : Canadian seedbox review

FireDragon
06-13-2011, 11:37 PM
Hello!

I live in the GTA and wanted to add a review for a seedbox company I have been using for a few months, since it's hard to find good information about Canadian based ones. I was using OVH before but the speed down here (North America... Canada... USA too I presume) kinda sucked. I'm currently using www.zazeen.com (http://www.zazeen.com) which offers VPSs. First 3 months are free, and it's been working pretty well. Comes with transmission & ktorrent, a desktop, etc... so you can put whatever on, webhosting, ftp, etc... it came with ubuntu 10.0.4 with Gnome, and I have 450GB space and a 10mb/10mb connection. It's been stable, no issues (Well I did accidentally remove some system files, don't ask >_> and had to have it reimaged, they were really patient and it was done quickly), and I've been getting my advertised speed. It's located here in Toronto at a datacentre on Front street downtown. The setup took about 30 mins. They have an actual office and phone # and I'm pretty happy with it. The price is pretty good for one not in Europe as well :D! Ah, I'm also really enjoying the actual desktop, gui, can isntall programs, etc... so it's not just a login for utorrent or something but an entire online computer as they say. I have an unlimited internet connection, so I haven't tried the mail thing out, but they also have a harddisk by mail thing for those of you with RoBellUs with the strict monthly limits.

Have a great time!

-FD

ca_aok
06-14-2011, 12:04 AM
Just FYI, now is not the time to jump on any Canadian seedboxes. We'll be getting raped by our version of the DMCA shortly thanks to everyone who voted in Harper. It's already been announced as part of his upcoming omnibus bill for criminal legislation.

FireDragon
06-14-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm not too worried about that yet, it's sort of an interesting area no matter how you look at it, and in the US and Europe the issues are the same... :\