PDA

View Full Version : Xnt : Rip

Evelyn
06-17-2011, 01:52 AM
Its so strange for me no-one ever posted about this here. suddenly i tried to log-in in search of something and BOOM

--------------------------------------- X--------------------------------------- X--------------------------------------- X---------------------------------------
The story about XNT

“Now this is a story all about how, my life got flipped turned upside down. And I’d like to take a minute just sit right there, I’ll tell you how I become the prince of a town called Bel-Air.”
Okey, maybe not the prince of Bel-Air, but in this blog we’ll try to tell the story about XNT, all the events that went down in may of 2011 and what will happen to us in the future.
So lets start from the beginning. XNT.nu was a torrent tracker launced in late 2009. It was mostly administered by swedish guys but for the later part of it’s life it was an english speaking site. After about a year we had a site with approximately 15 000 users and 30 000 active torrents. This of course brought the attention of a swedish lobby organisation (what’s the english word for this?) called Antipiratbyrån (Swedish Anti-Piracy Bureau). So, Antipiratbyrån reported XNT.nu to the police. This ended up in two of our staff members were apprehended, questioned and then released awaiting further investigation. Do we need to say that the swedish police carried out house searches in both of our apartments and confiscated computers, some servers, phones, digital cameras, memory sticks, documents and so on. In co-operation with the german police our web server was also confiscated and XNT died a sudden death on the 25th of may 2011 at approximately 13:00 CEST.

A torrent tracker will never be hosted again here at XNT.nu. We will use this blog to try to inform everyone about what’s happened, what will happen and how the outcome of all this will be played out.

--------------------------------------- X--------------------------------------- X--------------------------------------- X---------------------------------------

Yet another tracker Assassinated :(
(copy pasted from their blog)

Aftermaths
Another swedish based tracker bites the dust. Next up to shut down due to the risk of being busted is a tracker called PirateTorrents.nu. PirateTorrents was a little bit bigger than XNT, so it’s totally understandable. RIP!

superpagla
06-17-2011, 05:06 AM
So Sad...RIP Xnt
Sometimes I think people should open a server from Bangladesh. Not much of a copyright problem.....

Hologram
06-17-2011, 10:55 AM
News like this hurt my heart. :(

anon
06-17-2011, 02:42 PM
Sometimes I think people should open a server from Bangladesh. Not much of a copyright problem.....

Sadly, according yourself the infrastructure isn't that great to host a server there, either.

Hologram
06-17-2011, 04:34 PM
Any eastern european country is great for those purposes.

Evelyn
06-17-2011, 10:33 PM
Sadly, according yourself the infrastructure isn't that great to host a server there, either.
Should have 100mbits line for that

Sylar666
06-18-2011, 08:42 AM
Hope, SPV sticks around, though. RIP, dear XNT.

heiska
06-18-2011, 09:16 AM
It was great for scene mp3s.

Evelyn
06-18-2011, 02:19 PM
ST is also good for mp3 scene

whatcdfan
06-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Any eastern european country is great for those purposes.

Saudi Arabia would be even better with all the A-grade services and no law.