PDA

View Full Version : Supernova?

doncorleone
11-11-2003, 01:21 AM
hello
been using supernova a couple of days now ,seems ok,just wondering is it safe to get files from here or not,if not where is another good sites.
cheers

3rd gen noob
11-11-2003, 01:23 AM
in my opinion, bittorent (and associated sites) are not safe at all

jb83
11-11-2003, 02:52 AM
to quote what i was told a while ago "Yes suprnova is perfectly safe and whoever says it isnt tell them to go fuckthemselves" I havent had any problems with the site at all.

side note this is just for general protection but if u have a firewall i would set it to block all the ips that the kazza lite blocker blocks just search the froum for the ways to do it is in the faq pinned topics.

DVD PIRATE III
11-11-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@11 November 2003 - 14:23
Bit-torrent is no more dangerous than using kazaa lite :D

mike kkm
11-11-2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by DVD PIRATE III+10 November 2003 - 18:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DVD PIRATE III @ 10 November 2003 - 18:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-3rd gen noob@11 November 2003 - 14:23
Bit-torrent is no more dangerous than using kazaa lite :D [/b][/quote]
so true. i use suprnova and i had no problems with it.

Gre1
11-11-2003, 04:16 AM
I agree it is safe as kazaa.

3rd gen noob
11-11-2003, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by DVD PIRATE III+11 November 2003 - 02:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DVD PIRATE III @ 11 November 2003 - 02:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-3rd gen noob@11 November 2003 - 14:23
Bit-torrent is no more dangerous than using kazaa lite :D [/b][/quote]
and i don&#39;t use k-lite cos it&#39;s too unsafe :rolleyes:

DVD PIRATE III
11-11-2003, 04:41 AM
Neither do I since theres too much fake files ,screechy mp3s etc..
Fastracker Network is the home to fake files and screechy mp3s :P

Edit:@3rd Gen Noob - just a thought ..tell me your not a ES5 fanboy...lol

abu_has_the_power
11-11-2003, 05:15 AM
well, by the time u understand that klite can block ips, people will have learned that u can import ips to ur firewall. this makes the bittorrent dling experience and the klite experience equaly safe. cuz in klite, they can see the files ur sharing, if ur dumb. but in bittorrent, unless ur seeding everything u have on ur comp, which is a lot, they they can&#39;t find wat your sharing. i&#39;m not saying you should not seed, but if they find u dling a file, they can only go through that port in ur internet to see wat u have. klite shows everything to everyone who searches. but of course, taht is if they can break through ur firewall.

so don&#39;t worry, if u got firewall with ips, and peerguardian, it&#39;s just as safe as klite, maybe even more

3rd gen noob
11-11-2003, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by DVD PIRATE III@11 November 2003 - 04:41
Edit:@3rd Gen Noob - just a thought ..tell me your not a ES5 fanboy...lol
nope, not at all...always thought there was something dodgy about that

DVD PIRATE III
11-11-2003, 05:24 AM
Thats my opinion as well

vivitron 15
11-11-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@11 November 2003 - 05:15
well, by the time u understand that klite can block ips, people will have learned that u can import ips to ur firewall. this makes the bittorrent dling experience and the klite experience equaly safe. cuz in klite, they can see the files ur sharing, if ur dumb. but in bittorrent, unless ur seeding everything u have on ur comp, which is a lot, they they can&#39;t find wat your sharing. i&#39;m not saying you should not seed, but if they find u dling a file, they can only go through that port in ur internet to see wat u have. klite shows everything to everyone who searches. but of course, taht is if they can break through ur firewall.

so don&#39;t worry, if u got firewall with ips, and peerguardian, it&#39;s just as safe as klite, maybe even more
i agree to an extent, however i think that it is more likely that BT would be a target for the interested agencies.

if i were them, i would try to go for IRC (not very easy) and then BT (prob through high profile sites such as suprnova), cos these places distribute the files, which then make it to FT.

i would guess this because if someone releases onto Kazaa, then very few people would get it, so they release in IRC, so it spreads quicker (cos more people find them) then it goes through BT to a few dozen people, before getting popular enough in order for there to be many sources on Kazaa/Emule etc.

basically, if you can get at the sharers on BT then you can get close to the "root" sharers and releasers.

so there are 2 cases:
Kazaa-many files shared, get caught and your screwed
BT-theyll only know about 1 file, but more likely to find that 1 file

IMHO it balances in the end.

syxx
11-11-2003, 01:16 PM
well i know someone who was caught for downloading prodigy cds off of BT

FreeMail
11-11-2003, 02:42 PM
what is supernova? :unsure:

vivitron 15
11-11-2003, 03:38 PM
suprnova.org is a website which contains links to many torrent files, necesary for downloading through BitTorrent.

and yes, people will be caught using BT, similarly they will be caught using Kazaa/Emule/SS(eventually, maybe not just yet)

its a fact of life. the only thing to do is to have a good firewall running.. i reccomend Zone Alarm or Peer Guardian

FreeMail
11-11-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by vivitron 15@11 November 2003 - 23:38
suprnova.org is a website which contains links to many torrent files, necesary for downloading through BitTorrent.

and yes, people will be caught using BT, similarly they will be caught using Kazaa/Emule/SS(eventually, maybe not just yet)

its a fact of life. the only thing to do is to have a good firewall running.. i reccomend Zone Alarm or Peer Guardian
thanks so much for the info and tip&#33; :)

Adster
11-12-2003, 02:21 AM
fuckin hell paranoid ppl aroun dhere msot pl use kazaa and think its more safe then BT bullshit its not the RIAA thats even going after BT users its kazfakesta useres their after.

Jay
11-12-2003, 03:55 AM
supernova is safe because RIAA dosnt give a shit about it, they r going after kazaa because so many people use it, number of people who use bittoret dosnt even come close to the people using kazaa.

syxx
11-12-2003, 08:50 PM
thats why that guy got a letter from the riaa even though he wasnt using kazaa.

Gre1
11-12-2003, 09:46 PM
There after whatever P2p they find just put it like that.