PDA

View Full Version : Quantum Cryptography....

nikita69
11-11-2003, 06:50 AM
Although I'm not too familiar with this technology, just the basics. Not too long ago, I was at a seminar about AI and a portion was about this. very interesting.

Quantum Cryptography (http://www1.commsworld.com.au/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=commsworld/home&var_el=art&art_id=1067861523696&var_sect=ANALYSIS&from=home)

j2k4
11-11-2003, 07:16 AM
As you say-

Very interesting.

Quantum mechanics are cool because the logic (as far as I ever understood it) runs right to the edge of the proven science, yet the understanding of it continues to expand, with the logic trailing right behind. :)

That in itself is pretty cool.

I like logic-it's good. ;)

nikita69
11-11-2003, 07:29 AM
lol, we kinda disagree sometimes about politics (which is ILLOGICAL), yet we have a common ground, LOGIC. I like that topic very well.

Technically speaking now, it was studying LOGIC that advanced me into AI. and to my professor, dr kampfner.

j2k4
11-11-2003, 02:22 PM
Logic is undeniable and undefiable. ;)

Except to those who deny or defy it. :huh:

There is no shortage of people willing to assail the unassailable.

For this, I thank them.

My regards to Dr. Kampfner. :)

BTW-Don't you find the socio-cultural issues surrounding A.I. and cloning to be strikingly similar-almost interchangeable?

Now, there is a topic for discussion (and no, let's not have it! ;))

nikita69
11-11-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by j2k4@11 November 2003 - 20:22
BTW-Don't you find the socio-cultural issues surrounding A.I. and cloning to be strikingly similar-almost interchangeable?
from my perspective, AI's socio-cultural issues have not been surfaced, yet. AI's success & failures have been under the sheets from public eyes since the beginning. If I were to tell that I worked on THE project to design a cell-membrane of an AI brain, u probably wouldn't believe me.

j2k4
11-11-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by nikita69@11 November 2003 - 13:25
If I were to tell that I worked on THE project to design a cell-membrane of an AI brain, u probably wouldn't believe me.
This is difficult for me, nikita.

As a conservative, I'm not allowed to believe just any old thing, you know. :huh:

Tell you what:

If you promise not to tell anyone I have done so, I'll believe you. :D

Seriously (why do I need to qualify this?), that's pretty cool.

If you decide to post further on this subject, I must, as the neophyte I am, request you use "noob" terminology. ;)

clocker
11-11-2003, 07:41 PM
Whatever you decide to do nikita, don't attempt to get j2 to change his mind.

Apparently, life as we now know it will end. :P

nikita69
11-12-2003, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by j2k4+12 November 2003 - 00:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 &#064; 12 November 2003 - 00:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-nikita69@11 November 2003 - 13:25
If I were to tell that I worked on THE project to design a cell-membrane of an AI brain, u probably wouldn&#39;t believe me.
This is difficult for me, nikita.

As a conservative, I&#39;m not allowed to believe just any old thing, you know. :huh:

Tell you what:

If you promise not to tell anyone I have done so, I&#39;ll believe you. :D

Seriously (why do I need to qualify this?), that&#39;s pretty cool.

If you decide to post further on this subject, I must, as the neophyte I am, request you use "noob" terminology. ;)[/b][/quote]
lol, simply put, during WWII the US military, out of neccesity to perform difficult intellectual tasks, started what others in the field have failed to accomplish.

In 1950 a military eyes only project started in TX to create an AI brain cell. by 1980, 10 different locations were working on completing that project. In 1990 another project came along, a true AI brain, involving human brain surgeons (neurosurgeon). by 1992 any mention of AI&#39;s true progress in the US military has been limited to very few ppl in the world.

i hope this was noobish enough, lol

here&#39;s a simple site about the history http://www.aaai.org/AITopics/bbhist.html

j2k4
11-12-2003, 04:24 AM
Informative site.

I had forgotten how often stuff I know a bit about rubs against A.I. Lots of familiar names (for other reasons) in the text.

I also remember a lot of connections with the computor industry, dating back to the early IBM days (my Dad is retired IBM); I have read several histories which relate, here and there, to A.I. :)