PDA

View Full Version : Bittorent With Shareaza

RealitY
11-11-2003, 07:51 AM
I know alot of BT fans around here say that the Shareaza BT client is crap.
I've run Shadow and Shareaza on the same file at the same time and Shareaza is ALWAYS faster for me.

From what I have seen in the first clients all the way to the newest Shadow and 3.3 they all basically do the same thing with newer features. The only one that stands out is Shareaza, which is now trackerless as well.

One problem I always had with Shareaza was if the client was a leech. On the early client it never uploaded, and on the later clients which did, they seemed to close when finished which is against the idea of BT. Well it seems the people at Shareaza are here to please and are making jumps and bounds with their software, which is improving dramatically with each new version.

Upon completion a copy of the file is moved to your download directory while the other is left in the Incomplete folder to continue uploading. Not only does the file continue to upload after completion, it also leaves a "sd" file for reseeding the file later, though I have yet to try it. If you don't believe it then here is a screenshot for you...
http://galleries.vinyamar.com/ps/show.php?id=lJT2OOMA3Lp2bNpzEoZJYFl9&etc=.jpg
I suggest you get Shareaza (http://www.shareaza.com/) and try it out, especially if you low speeds with the other BT clients.
If you don't know already it also connects to G1, G2 and eDonkey all in a very nice GUI...

nostalgia
11-11-2003, 08:08 AM
You're absolutely right. used Shareaza on many occasions and worked great (especially the BT part).
But like I mentioned in other topics, Shareaza stopped working om my pc about two weeks ago. Can''t get it fixed. So anybody with a working Shareaza: be pleased :(

muchspl2
11-11-2003, 08:32 AM
still like shadows, but to each their own
it just downloads faster, ESP when you change the kb's to kB's thats still deceptive and people should not thinks it as fast as it really is
if they fix that and the leech part (turn off after finish)
I will be all over it, atleast try it again

RealitY
11-11-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@11 November 2003 - 00:32
when you change the kb's to kB's thats still deceptive and people should not thinks it as fast as it really is
if they fix that and the leech part (turn off after finish)
I will be all over it, atleast try it again
Well then get on it then, all these HAVE been fixed.
As for the KB, you can change it to whatever you want in settings...

Supernatural
11-11-2003, 08:49 AM
I have to agree with Shareaza being the best BT client, because it is so much more than just bittorrent.. with the inclussion of Gneutella 1&2, and eD2K. Torrents can even use sources from the OTHER networks, so no dead downloaded. Trackerless too, like Reality said. I really don't see the big fascination with Shadow'z. Muchspl2, you still haven't given me good reasons why to switch to Shadow from SZ. :D

muchspl2
11-11-2003, 09:19 AM
what about killing clients that put bad data into the swarm, like bt++

RealitY
11-11-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@11 November 2003 - 01:19
what about killing clients that put bad data into the swarm, like bt++
Good point, I'll mention it if it hasn't been already at the SZ forums...

junkyardking
11-11-2003, 11:35 AM
When i had 56k i thought shareaza was great, but when i got adsl i decided to try both on the same torrent, while shareaza was given me 10 -15KB shadows was given me 35 - 50KB, now i dont understand why but i can only think that there is still some problems with bittorent and shareaza.

Wizzandabe
11-11-2003, 11:45 AM
Even though its trackerless, that can bring problems, real big ones. <_<

alpha
11-11-2003, 03:24 PM
so far, for me, shareaza = sources needed
Pending

muchspl2
11-11-2003, 03:39 PM
99% will tell you shadows is faster and better (more options)
now as far as combining emule and bittorrent into a single GUI shareaza is best, thats about all I can say good about it

@ Reality
I feel if you get your ports open and try shadows again, it will prove to be faster than your precious, I mean shareaza

Jay
11-12-2003, 06:45 AM
i never actually tried shadow can it really beat the speeds i&#39;m getting with shareaza

vegasguy
11-12-2003, 07:10 AM
Hi,

It has nothing to do with the program you use, it is the tracker and the users that you are connected too&#33;

On some files I have gotten off of Suprnova I recieved 5 kb/s cause many people are grabbing it at once,

I just downloaded the Paris Hilton video, I got speed of 300kb/s done in three seconds,

also, downloaded last week Simpsons Treehouse of Horror, it took 1 minute to download as I was getting 450kb/s

It depends on how many people are downloading, seeding, and the tracker&#33;