PDA

View Full Version : Office Space. What Do You Think Of The Movie ?

leonidas
11-11-2003, 09:39 AM
Damn the film was starting good with a good picture of the tipical compagny working area, the caracter of the boss was great, the entertaining story about steeling the money, and the moment when they beat the printer. But what the hell about the ending :blink: :angry: :blink: . It was just like shit cause the movie message came out like: "If you have a shity office job, just shift to an easy and peacefull manual workman work, but don't do something illegal because it's bad and you won't feel good if you do something illegal"

I'm pissed off of these "Feel-good movies" which just speak in praise of the capitalistic and conservative economical system.

What do you guys think?

jetje
11-11-2003, 09:44 AM
I just enjoyed this movie, had totally non expectations i thought it was rather hilarious. Oh and feel good movies... well i didn't put this one in that category.
At last it didn't bother me at all... B)

muchspl2
11-11-2003, 09:50 AM
http://members.cox.net/dodger1954/pics/wassup-g.jpg

great movie, if fact one of my favorite's I'd say in the top 6 or 7 movies, don't see how you didn't like it

splooge
11-11-2003, 09:54 AM
I thought It was a nice movie about a guy getting stressed to the max.

uNz[i]
11-11-2003, 09:55 AM
I enjoyed it.. I just watched it because I wanted a laugh.

If you go into anything with any expectations, your bound to be disapointed.

leonidas
11-11-2003, 10:07 AM
Don't you get what I meant :huh: :huh: Read it again and you'll get my point

I think it was definatly a feel good movie, but not an obvious one, I would say a feel-good movie for people who have a litlle bit of critical spirit, but not to much if you know what I mean.

I think this movie was done to keep people calmed down, like the guy who doesn't like his job.

Nothing changed with the time. The romans had their circus with gladiator wild animals and executed christians. Nowadays we have american movies.

leonidas
11-11-2003, 10:14 AM
This movie is a propaganda to prevent strikes from the workers. It's just so obvious to me.

And strikes & labor unionism are basicaly what can improve workers working conditions.

jetje
11-11-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by leonidas@11 November 2003 - 11:14
This movie is a propaganda to prevent strikes from the workers. It's just so obvious to me.
sorry i think you see ghosts... :lol: I really don't see your point.
Think this movie has no pretentions towards that whatsoever...
As you say it wanna prevent strikes... i can easily say it shows how a simple employee that seems to have no influence on the company can get a real big influence... aka everyone in a firm can play an important role in the future of the firm... ;)

But then again i just watched and enjoyed it...

uNz[i]
11-11-2003, 10:22 AM
I think this movie was done to keep people calmed down, like the guy who doesn't like his job.

Ah.. I see, your talking about catharsis

Television has also been called the opium of the masses...
Gotta keep the plebs quiet, after all.

But perhaps your focussing a bit too much on an unintentional subtext...

leonidas
11-11-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by jetje+11 November 2003 - 11:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetje @ 11 November 2003 - 11:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-leonidas@11 November 2003 - 11:14
This movie is a propaganda to prevent strikes from the workers. It&#39;s just so obvious to me.
sorry i think you see ghosts... :lol: I really don&#39;t see your point.
As you say it wanna prevent strikes... i can easily say it shows how a simple employee that seems to have no influence on the company can get a real big influence... aka everyone in a firm can play an important role in the future of the firm... ;)

But then again i just watched and enjoyed it... [/b][/quote]
No ofenses, but I think you&#39;re naive.

Ps: The issue isn&#39;t about enjoying or not the movie. ;) I enjoyed a lot the scene when they beat up the machine with the baseball bat. :lol:

Wrongturn
11-11-2003, 10:39 AM
for a change this movie post wasnt on the matrix so its a awsome post nice one boss i do see your point although i think the propaganda is a little much. more like a subtle message and yes it is a fell good movie i rate it about 6 n half out of 10

Evil Gemini
11-11-2003, 11:23 AM
After watching that movie i want to STEAL&#33;&#33; STEAL&#33;&#33; STEAL&#33;&#33;

If my life suddenly fucks up and i cant fix it im going to try steal one of those big as trucks with money in it.

Anyone with me ?

leonidas
11-11-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by neattairoski@11 November 2003 - 12:23
After watching that movie i want to STEAL&#33;&#33; STEAL&#33;&#33; STEAL&#33;&#33;

If my life suddenly fucks up and i cant fix it im going to try steal one of those big as trucks with money in it.

Anyone with me ?
Yep. Me&#33;

I never need to watch a movie to feel like stealing B) & I have great skills.

zinc1
11-11-2003, 12:19 PM
Huh movies,brainwashing people with all these stupid ideas.

By the way guys I&#39;ve got some ski masks and baseball bats can I join in,whats the plan then? :lol:

Turd Ferguson
11-11-2003, 12:36 PM
I loved Office Space. Definitely one of my top 10 best.

One of the guys name is Michael Bolton&#33; Just that makes it hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

jetje
11-11-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by leonidas+11 November 2003 - 11:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leonidas @ 11 November 2003 - 11:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by jetje@11 November 2003 - 11:20
<!--QuoteBegin-leonidas@11 November 2003 - 11:14
This movie is a propaganda to prevent strikes from the workers. It&#39;s just so obvious to me.
sorry i think you see ghosts... :lol: I really don&#39;t see your point.

But then again i just watched and enjoyed it...
No ofenses, but I think you&#39;re naive.

Ps: The issue isn&#39;t about enjoying or not the movie. ;) I enjoyed a lot the scene when they beat up the machine with the baseball bat. :lol: [/b][/quote]
Well i guess i just have some more believes in my own judgement as you. If you wanna call that naive :lol: it is fine by me :lol:
This movie has no more hidden stories as Pinocchio (Walt Disney)
that one is saying never lie. or it will turn out bad with you &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; if you want you can see a danger or message in everything. Probably is a cultural differences. Try to enjoy more of life and things like music and movies... There are enough real bears you will meet in your life.... :)

leonidas
11-11-2003, 02:47 PM
The point is: They are everywere.

For pinochio I can&#39;t tell you...I didn&#39;t see it <_<

Edit: For the bears you&#39;re right, but it just piss me off to notice that, even in a film which started good.

When I think that I could have pay for this&#33; Damn :lol: