PDA

View Full Version : Encouraging (IMO) justice news from the UK

devilsadvocate
07-22-2011, 02:32 PM
I turned on news on the radio this morning half way into a report of a man that has been released without charge for killing an intruder in him home by stabbing him. At first I wasn't really paying attention as home defense isn't exactly an oddity here. Such reports usually only get a few words.

This report was getting a lot of time and discussion. I was wondering if it involved a celebrity of some kind. Then they had street interviews with people with British accents. The incident happened in the UK.

I was under the impression that UK laws allow home invaders to sue if they trip up on loose carpet and homeowners are limited by law to cowering under the bed and perhaps calling the police, as long as the threat of possible arrest doesn't emotionally hurt the intruder.

I'm having trouble finding the story, which I would have thought would be huge in the UK, but I am certain about the radio report.

I'm not a vigilante type of person an not trigger happy, but if anyone invades our home I would hopefully be giving him or them the choice of on the floor or I'll shoot, and I mean shoot so you will not be getting up.

I'm glad there was a proper investigation and the homeowner is free without charge. Good on the Brits!!!!!!!!!