PDA

View Full Version : Oslo Tragedy

HeavyMetalParkingLot
07-22-2011, 06:11 PM
To Gunslinger and all our Norwegian friends our thought are with you and your families hoping you all are safe.

whatcdfan
07-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Can you please put a link to the article where it's mentioned what exactly has happened there.

HeavyMetalParkingLot
07-22-2011, 06:23 PM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_NORWAY_EXPLOSION?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-07-22-13-34-32

ahctlucabbuS
07-22-2011, 07:15 PM
Thank you.

I work just a few blocks away actually. The offices apparently got its windows blowed out and then an evacuation. Actually the street and the entrance where I usually have a cig were featured all over the news. Luckily I took a long weekend yesterday, haha... and thankfully it appears my colleagues are all fine :)

But, of course, my thoughts goes out to all of those affected by this tragedy.

HeavyMetalParkingLot
07-22-2011, 07:18 PM
It's great to know you guys are ok! :)

ahctlucabbuS
07-22-2011, 07:22 PM

ahctlucabbuS
07-22-2011, 07:51 PM
Latest news: One guy with nordic appearance were apprehended in the shootings at the labour youth camp as well as beeing observed in the governement quarter ("Labour" is in part the ruling political party) in relations to the bombing...

This is all very extreme in a norwegian setting. We're usually a small, peaceful country, where stuff like this just don't happen. Go figure. To me atleast, it seems like one of our own went nuts and took our society to an extreme. But that's just conjecture on my part.

j2k4
07-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Home-grown al Qaeda, or is that whole angle hogwash?

Not pleading ignorance, but that was one of the things I've heard - glad you're okay...

ahctlucabbuS
07-22-2011, 11:32 PM
Apparently, it seems to be a far right wing extremist.

That's the latest reports atleast....

Edit: Norwegian right wing extremist at that.

Second edit: Did he run out of arguments? ...

Also. Personally I love the way our prime minister spoke on how to handle this. With more democracy and more openness!

Night0wl
07-23-2011, 12:42 AM
It's not just Islamic extremists it seems. I've heard Christian right-wing extremist and neo-nazi mentioned several times nordic news.

My deepest sympathies go out to all affected. I have both friends and family in Norway. Thankfully none in Olso though.

OlegL
07-23-2011, 01:48 AM
It's sad that at least 16 people died.

whatcdfan
07-23-2011, 06:12 AM

Not pleading ignorance, but that was one of the things I've heard - glad you're okay...

The opponent "wings" and nothing else.

whatcdfan
07-23-2011, 06:13 AM
It's sad that at least 16 people died.

I have heard that the toll is more then one hundred. :unsure:

1000possibleclaws
07-23-2011, 06:39 AM
At least 87 people were feared dead in Norway last night after a gunman mowed down students at a summer camp hours after a bomb had devastated the centre of Oslo.

Dozens of youths attending a political gathering were reported to have been shot dead when a terrorist disguised as a policeman opened fire on a holiday island on a lake near the capital.

Is this confirmed that the majority of the deaths were teenagers? What a tragedy..

Also from what I understand it sounds like a homegrown terrorist that has no connections to Al-Qaeda

Snee
07-25-2011, 06:02 PM

Some "global jihad"-bunch tried to take credit for it.

j2k4
07-25-2011, 09:15 PM
I propose an international council be called to determine precisely (invasively, if possible) what is the nature of this individual's malfunction.

Pre-op will be 12 hours of continuous nasal-rinse (saline, if at all possible).

Would that be 2 H4R5H.

bigboab
07-25-2011, 10:09 PM
It was good to see that Norway did not let him use the courtroom to spout his evil across the world. It would appear, according to tonights news, that he has been associated with the English Defence League and other white right wing extremists. He is also alleged to be a member of the Knights Templar.
Meanwhile the shooting of five people in Texas is virtually not headline news. I would have thought that to be more newsworthy than the death of a singer.:(

j2k4
07-25-2011, 11:57 PM
It was good to see that Norway did not let him use the courtroom to spout his evil across the world. It would appear, according to tonights news, that he has been associated with the English Defence League and other white right wing extremists. He is also alleged to be a member of the Knights Templar.
Meanwhile the shooting of five people in Texas is virtually not headline news. I would have thought that to be more newsworthy than the death of a singer.:(

You hit upon it directly, Bob; there was only one Amy Winehouse.

whatcdfan
08-10-2011, 06:14 PM

the Propaganda was underwent, it's pretty fast

Discovery.Channel.Norway.Massacre.The.Killers.Mind.720p.HDTV.x264-DiVERGE