PDA

View Full Version : London Riots, 3rd day and still going? WTF!

iLOVENZB
08-09-2011, 05:54 AM
You pom's must have a lot of energy/balls or your riot cops are just pussies. Now, whether the riots are really because of some guy got shot or because there are a few poor kids out there looking for an excuse to steal is another story.

If you go by some brief chats reporters had with hooded youths it's because they're angry that coppers can get away with shooting the innocent. I can understand their point but your bitch Home secretary, Theresa May, who said a bullshit spool is just aggravating the situation.

Now I'm on the other side of the globe and we're only getting one sided views. Got a few rellies in Eastbourne and Manchester who might give some insight.

So, what the fuck is it all about?

NotLettingItGo
08-10-2011, 02:05 AM
It's about lots of scum robbing and thieving stuff they want... basically.

The bollocks about this bloke being shot is just being used as an excuse for it. For example last night and tonight the looting has spread to other parts of the UK... none of whom are policed by the Metropolitan Police service who operate Operation Trident in London to tackle black gun crime. So it's not because they're being oppressed by the Police... it's not because they're not getting as much help as every other youths in Britain, because youths in London get more spent on them than youths anywhere else... it's just an excuse for robbery.

mjmacky
08-10-2011, 07:48 AM
It's about lots of scum robbing and thieving stuff they want... basically.
The perspective is too narrow to say it only boils down to robbery. Sure, looting is heavily opportunistic, but there's usually a long arrived breaking point to push a mass into collective disregard for punishment/consequence. To make only an admission of delinquency is really to justify the entire course of events they've perpetrated.

Warmonkey
08-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Mindless scum the lot of 'em. Break out the water-cannons and rubber bullets...

NotLettingItGo
08-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Your mistake was in this bit "there's usually a long arrived breaking point to push a mass into collective disregard for punishment/consequence" ... We don't do punishment/consequences in Britain anymore, haven't for decades now... it went out of fashion with the liberals who run the Government and Criminal Justice System...

So it's not a long arrived at breaking point, more a long arrived at lesson, whereby the scum of our once great country know that if they are caught they'll most likely just be given a meaningless police caution, and then walk away scot free.

mjmacky
08-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Riots have always been a mix of pushback against systematic injustice mixed with opportunistic debauchery. Sure, delinquency undermines the inspiration of the response, but good luck with how things turn out in the future if you wish to treat it as a monochromatic issue.

NotLettingItGo
08-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Riots have always been a mix of pushback against systematic injustice mixed with opportunistic debauchery. Sure, delinquency undermines the inspiration of the response, but good luck with how things turn out in the future if you wish to treat it as a monochromatic issue.

Yep, but these aren't riots... this is plain old good fashioned looting and pillaging, as our Viking ancestors practiced.

These people aren't fighting against injustice... they're just taking what they want.

mjmacky
08-10-2011, 01:49 PM
1: There are cracks in the sidewalk

2: No, look, there's pavement. I see pavement.

1: Well sure, but do you see the cracks that make it possible

2: I only see pavement! That's all there is!

iLOVENZB
08-10-2011, 02:58 PM
I've heard it all now:

http://www.reghardware.com/2011/08/09/policeman_blames_gta_for_london_riots/

whatcdfan
08-10-2011, 06:02 PM
I've heard it all now:

http://www.reghardware.com/2011/08/09/policeman_blames_gta_for_london_riots/

If we can make that happen in real life, Who need's video games? Only the infants that can't walk on the streets.

bigboab
08-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Rain has stopped play. Says it all.

devilsadvocate
08-12-2011, 01:08 AM
Rain has stopped play. Says it all.Apparently all the waterproof TVs have already been taken

NotLettingItGo
08-12-2011, 08:49 AM
1: There are cracks in the sidewalk

2: No, look, there's pavement. I see pavement.

1: Well sure, but do you see the cracks that make it possible

2: I only see pavement! That's all there is!

Far be it from me to suggest that making excuses for such people behaving like cunts, is the root cause of why sych people behave like cunts... you just keep on making excuses for them, old chap.

mjmacky
08-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Far be it from me to suggest that making excuses for such people behaving like cunts, is the root cause of why sych people behave like cunts... you just keep on making excuses for them, old chap.

Wrong, I just don't ignore catalysts

NotLettingItGo
08-12-2011, 10:17 AM

There were no catalysts, as the family of the bloke who was shot in Tottenham have repeatedly pointed out.

There are however lots of 'excuse makers' and 'blame shifters' trying to make excuses for everyone who chose to behave this way, and blame everyone and anyone other than those who chose to behave this way.

mjmacky
08-12-2011, 10:38 AM

There were no catalysts, as the family of the bloke who was shot in Tottenham have repeatedly pointed out.

There are however lots of 'excuse makers' and 'blame shifters' trying to make excuses for everyone who chose to behave this way, and blame everyone and anyone other than those who chose to behave this way.

Catalysts, plural

You think I'm trying to say one event sparked this? Are you sure you know what I'm talking about?

NotLettingItGo
08-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Catalysts, plural

You think I'm trying to say one event sparked this? Are you sure you know what I'm talking about?

Oh! I understand completely what you're talking about... you're saying the cunts who set fire to a building with 26 families inside had good reasons for doing it, and I'm saying they're nasty pieces of shit who should be burnt at the stake... it seems only fair that they should be given that, considering they thought it OK to do it to 26 other families, wouldn't you say?

mjmacky
08-12-2011, 11:49 AM
you're saying the cunts who set fire to a building with 26 families inside had good reasons for doing it

Clearly you don't really comprehend much of anything when I speak, I just needed you to come out and admit it (or rather submit some clear evidence).

NotLettingItGo
08-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Clearly you don't really comprehend much of anything when I speak, I just needed you to come out and admit it (or rather submit some clear evidence).

I'll tell you what... I'm really not interested in listening to you excusing the behaviour of cunts... so why don't you go explain whatever excuses it is your touting for these cunts, to the black bloke who spends his life in Tottenham helping poverty stricken people, and who sat on national TV last night explaining that yoofs in £100+ nike trainers and designer labels, smashing in shop windows and stealing stuff, weren't doing it because they were deprived, neglected or poor... maybe he'll listen to the shite pouring out of you.

OlegL
08-12-2011, 03:24 PM
So, I've been reading the news and I am still not sure about the situation in London. Have the riots subsided? It looks like many people were arrested in connection to the riots. Did the riots start because people in London don't trust the police? The shooting of a black man was the real cause of the riots or did something else cause the riots?

Edit: oh, it looks like OP and mjmacky asked the same questions...

policefan99
02-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Video games...yep they are the root of all evil....give me a break...

soady
02-07-2012, 12:49 AM
hasn't this finished?

mjmacky
02-07-2012, 01:11 AM
hasn't this finished?

Post padding is never finished, as you can ironically observe.