PDA

View Full Version : Pc Sniper Games

darkewolf
11-12-2003, 07:11 AM
ok, first of all, I wanna admit- I AM a real NOOB when it comes to when it comes to games on the comp. The most experience that I've got is the CD's that you can get at best buy for 10 bucks, and some old gameboy roms that I got when PokeMon was all the rage. Edit: Oh yah, I Played Ultima Online for about 2 years, but that's pretty straight forward.
I dont have a gamedeck anymore, and some of the old games that I really liked to play, I'd like to play again.

I think that I wanna start playing some of the sniper games that are out now, some of them look pretty cool. But, I'd also like to be able to play some of the games that are out for the decks, so am also looking for direction to where to find emulators, roms, and just general info on what I'm gonna need, and need to do, to get them to work on the comp. Especially a good source of where to find them to DL. Hate to say it, but KL SUCKS for finding and downloading really large files.

Triadcool
11-12-2003, 11:08 AM
Google search it.

BobSlobber187
11-12-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Triadcool@12 November 2003 - 11:08
Google search it.

yeah right.... good advise

anyways

get bit torrent
then go to Supernova (http://www.supernova.org)
go to games, go to roms and download

Triadcool
11-12-2003, 11:46 AM
Wtf your a noob. You can go on google and look for new sniper games. then go to kazaa or suprnova and download.

tHe LiNk
11-12-2003, 12:02 PM
The man is asking for our advise, not a search engine. darkewolf - I highly recommend medal of honor: allied assault and maybe it's expansions "spearhead" and "breakthrough", the game is very authentic when it comes to world war II action and the sniping action online is a lot of fun.

BobSlobber187
11-12-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Triadcool@12 November 2003 - 11:46
Wtf your a noob. You can go on google and look for new sniper games. then go to kazaa or suprnova and download.

I don't think the fact that I am a noob has anything to do with this at all
Telling him to search in google really isn't very good advice at all as The_Link pointed out.

even though I am a noob, I am at least trying to give decent advice
whereas you have hundreds of posts and your only advice is to search google

Mabye you're one of those permanent Noobs....

Nevermind...

I really don't want to fight...

o:)

abu_has_the_power
11-12-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by tHe LiNk@12 November 2003 - 12:02
The man is asking for our advise, not a search engine. darkewolf - I highly recommend medal of honor: allied assault and maybe it's expansions "spearhead" and "breakthrough", the game is very authentic when it comes to world war II action and the sniping action online is a lot of fun.
yea, wat's up with people always responding to a q with either google it, or google is ur best friend, or go sleep with google. ok, made the last one up myself. but the poor guy is asking for advice, meaning he prob has already done some work to find it, but can't so that's y he's asking here. give him a break

now, i'm not really sure about sniper games. do u mean fps?

miffo
11-12-2003, 01:33 PM
There's some good sniper set up points in some of the Battlefield 1942 "missions"

And all Delta Force games of course

Telling some1 to go google is not an advice
I mean come on he's asking for good sniper games
If he would search for it with an engine he would get every1 of them whatever how crappy they are and a couple :P of thousands other hits

miffo
11-12-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@12 November 2003 - 13:46
lets c,
hl + cs
gta vc and gta 3 and gta 2
diablo 2
starcraft
halo
mohaa
btfld 1942
monopoly on pc
aa
et
stuff
more stuff
doom
doom 2
rtcw

and so on

some of these are good :P not all snipers though

james_bond_rulez
11-12-2003, 02:38 PM
u guys all missed day of defeat

the greatest noob sniping games of all times :lol:

darkewolf
11-13-2003, 01:27 AM
Abu- Sniper games are a variation of FPS games. Some of the FPS that I've played have had portions where you could use sniper rifles, but didnt have the full game where you could use them.

Thanks for the input on this one you guys and gals! I Do a appreciate it. (LOL the "poor guy" comment is a bit overmuch tho..... haha) Had a streak of bad luck last night tho....vid card pooped out on me, so now I'm running on a borrowed 8 meg card while I'm waiting for the company to replace my 64 meg. The card that went out was decent, but the company said that it was out of stock, since it's two year old. Kinda wondering what they are gonna replace it with. So...for right now, I'm just taking notes, till I get that other card. And maybe start stockpiling on the games. Dont think this lil card in it right now will handle anything very serious.

Can you guys give me some advice on which emulators work, and which ones don't? (including which decks they emulate) and some good sources of roms? You're right...a search can turn up a lot of results, but word of mouth gets better input..cause it's from peeps that actually play, or use the stuff that they are talking about.

Bit-Torrent....I'm going to have to learn to use that one....I've DL'd it, just havent installed or tried using it yet.

Gre1
11-13-2003, 03:01 AM
Hitman 2 if it doesn't crash
Vice City

Twist3r
11-13-2003, 03:42 AM
medal of honor is great for sniping, bf1942 is pretty good, wolfenstien RTC or ET has some sniping not much tho.. there are some rare servers on unreal tournament that have camping-only sniping.. thats pretty fun :)

neevakee
11-13-2003, 03:44 AM
americas army is a good free online game which has sniping in it also i recomend rainbow six: 3

darkewolf
11-13-2003, 04:35 AM
being able to play online would be cool. I'm looking at a splatball game (cant remember the name) that I saw at wal-mart the other day, that I think my brother would like. it's online capable, so thinking that I'd prolly find me a camp and snipe him when we play :lol:

Is the website for bit-torrent like KL, where it depends on who's online? Cause I went looking there a couple hours ago, and they didnt have jack that I was really looking for. Tried one DL, and it failed.

That prog freaked me out. All I got was a "it has been installed" message with an "okay" button on it when I installed it. I threw my virus scanner on immediately! I guess I'm just used to having gui, LOL.

darkewolf
11-13-2003, 09:31 AM
well- I got me some emulators....N64, Sega, N64 (Already had one for the gameboy) and PS1; from Soul814's site (From the pinned thread on playing backup ps games) and a ROM or two. still looking for a good site with a good list of roms....
and still looking for a ps2 emulator, maybe even an xbox and gamecube. I've heard that those are really hard to find tho, since they all use wacked codes or something like that.

Twist3r
11-13-2003, 09:26 PM
That prog freaked me out. All I got was a "it has been installed" message with an "okay" button on it when I installed it. I threw my virus scanner on immediately! I guess I'm just used to having gui, LOL.

oh yeah thats all it says :D

now u have it installed go to www.suprnova.org and you can download anything there :D

and still looking for a ps2 emulator, maybe even an xbox and gamecube. I've heard that those are really hard to find tho, since they all use wacked codes or something like that.

yeah there are very few existing that work i think.. even if it did work you would need a really fast computer to get the games to run correctly

Mïcrösöül°V³
11-13-2003, 11:43 PM
delta force black hawk down is a cool game which has sniping in it, with modern weapons. i also agree with bf1942 and medal of honor as well.

Jay
11-14-2003, 12:55 AM
return to castle wolfenstein

darkewolf
11-25-2003, 11:50 AM
Y'all are giving me a lot of stuff to look into, so far as things to think about getting, I really appreciate it! :D
Sorry it took so long for me to respond on this thread, havent hit the message board here, in a while.

~FunK_mOb~
11-25-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Mïcrösöül°V³@14 November 2003 - 00:43
delta force black hawk down is a cool game which has sniping in it, with modern weapons.
yep,got that one myself(only pc game I have actually)and it's great fun...online and offline!I'ld recommend you this game,loads of weapons to choose from and different multiplayer options(CTF,TDM,DM,AD,...)
I never get bored with that game.

darkewolf
11-25-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by ~FunK_mOb~+25 November 2003 - 15:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (~FunK_mOb~ @ 25 November 2003 - 15:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mïcrösöül°V³@14 November 2003 - 00:43
delta force black hawk down is a cool game which has sniping in it, with modern weapons.
yep,got that one myself(only pc game I have actually)and it&#39;s great fun...online and offline&#33;I&#39;ld recommend you this game,loads of weapons to choose from and different multiplayer options(CTF,TDM,DM,AD,...)
I never get bored with that game. [/b][/quote]
I&#39;ve been lookin at BlackHawk Down (LOVED the movie&#33;) and I wanna try it out.

"Ctf, tdm, dm, ad..." what&#39;s that mean?

~FunK_mOb~
11-25-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by darkewolf@25 November 2003 - 17:35
"Ctf, tdm, dm, ad..." what&#39;s that mean?
CTF= capture the flag (two teams,each team has to get their flags as soon as possible to their homebase)

TDM= team deathmatch(two teams,shoot the crap out of the other team)
DM= deathmtch(everybody is a target)
AD= i forgot
TKOTH= team king of the hill(two teams,occupy and defend the hotzone)

Anyway,loads of fun&#33;

novalogic (http://www.novalogic.com/language.asp) check it out&#33;

;)