PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Experimental

toonmental
11-13-2003, 07:06 AM
I am useing shadow experimental ( bt) , but my upload rate is nearly 3 times my download rate, useing a 56k ( boo ). What is the best setting for me ? how do u increase the number of ports ? any help would be good !

sirhumpalot1996
11-13-2003, 01:47 PM
i am on dial up also and since i got tired of my download stoping because the torrent died on me i found away to make my download go faster click on the advance link at the top and it will show all the people connect to the tracker and one by one use your firewall and ban all the people that are not 100% completed that way your download go full blast since noone be downloading from you and every once in awhile add new noncompleted connection to your ban list and go back to the top of this ban list and take some off every now and then after some time has past to make sure you have plenty of seeds to download from once you finish your download remove all those ban connection and seed the file

Hasnain
11-13-2003, 01:52 PM
Why not give Shareaza a try (http://www.shareaza.com) ? It's a very good BT client, and connects to other networks as well. I use it, and am pretty happy with it.

toonmental
11-13-2003, 01:55 PM
iLL TRY THAT LATER THANKS ALOT. WHAT SETTING SHOULD I HAVE IT ON, UNLIMITED OR DIALUP ? AND WHAT LEVELS DO I PUT THE RATE THING ON ?
THANKS AGIAN

toonmental
11-13-2003, 01:57 PM
IM ON XP AND HAVE NORTON ANTI VIRUS, DO I NEED TO TURN NORTON OFF AND STOP THE XP FIREWALL (IF I HAVE ONE !)

sirhumpalot1996
11-13-2003, 02:01 PM
leave your norton and your firewall on and put your bt on the dialup/isdn setting

Gre1
11-13-2003, 02:27 PM
How many times are u going to post this

toonmental
11-13-2003, 02:44 PM
i THOUGHT THE FIREWALL SLOWED THINGS DOWN ?

Gre1
11-13-2003, 02:46 PM
It does it stops connections.

toonmental
11-13-2003, 02:48 PM
THOUGHT SO. THATS ALL FOR NOW THANKS FOR THE HELP

alpha
11-15-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by sirhumpalot1996@13 November 2003 - 14:47
i am on dial up also and since i got tired of my download stoping because the torrent died on me i found away to make my download go faster click on the advance link at the top and it will show all the people connect to the tracker and one by one use your firewall and ban all the people that are not 100% completed that way your download go full blast since noone be downloading from you and every once in awhile add new noncompleted connection to your ban list and go back to the top of this ban list and take some off every now and then after some time has past to make sure you have plenty of seeds to download from once you finish your download remove all those ban connection and seed the file
Are you sure this works? I read somewhere that with bittorrent your downloads are proportional to your downloads, so if your uploads are 0 (as they would be when one does the ban thing) wouldnt that slow ur downloads?
what firewall would you reccomend?

john316
11-15-2003, 11:34 AM
Some BT clients download slower the faster you set upload! :D

And please stop typing in caps - its FRICKING ANNOYING!!! B)

And if you want more help with BT, then just find a good tutorial. There are tons of them via Google! :P

randm01
11-16-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by alpha@15 November 2003 - 11:53

Are you sure this works? I read somewhere that with bittorrent your downloads are proportional to your downloads, so if your uploads are 0 (as they would be when one does the ban thing) wouldnt that slow ur downloads?
what firewall would you reccomend?
yes it is proportional(so it says)..but it seems it only works within itself(unlikely)..if it was to work like you thought some ppl at the start of a seed would never be able to dload a file due to no partial files at all to share...therefore i doubt if it can really do much...if there were 20 seeds of a file and only you were dloading it which meant no one was uploading from you then in theory your dloads would slow to a snails pace(slower than a 56k modem)this doesnt happen....i find i can get 28KB(my max) with netlimiter only allowing a max of 2KB up...maybe anymore than 28KB could be a problem but doubtfiull..