PDA

View Full Version : No more binload for free ?

Stabber
01-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Apparently the free accounts stop working , as another member said it will happen on 1st day of 2012

I have tried also with the binload client and it still doesn't work , so i guess this is final :(

Only ipv6 left for free solutions it seems:(

anon
01-01-2012, 08:14 PM

XS Usenet is also broken?

Stabber
01-01-2012, 08:20 PM

XS Usenet is also broken?

XS Usenet is used for fill server because it's limited to 1mbit ;)

anon
01-01-2012, 08:25 PM
With my current Usenet usage, 1Mbit is fine. It may even serve as a wake-up call to watch/listen to/deal with all the stuff in my download folder instead of leeching more junk :P

I guess XS it is. Hopefully they won't let us down with their promises of free lifetime access. :ermm:

iLOVENZB
01-01-2012, 08:33 PM
You've delved into Usenet now anon? Sick of the BT drama?

anon
01-01-2012, 08:56 PM
You've delved into Usenet now anon? Sick of the BT drama?

I use a mixture of DDL, Usenet and torrents (in that order) to get my stuff nowadays. Binload was very nice for a freeloader like me, but there's XS and then that IPv6 stuff I've yet to touch.

Sick of the drama? Never! :P They make interesting reads... although it's been a while we don't have one of those epic threads.

Hypatia
01-01-2012, 09:22 PM
With my current Usenet usage, 1Mbit is fine

i could never use xsusenet as my primary usenet account.. especially now when my ISP announced several days ago that they would change 50/50 mbit plan i ve been using for so long to ~100/100mbit in january 2012 :)

so i use XS as a fill server only =)

downloading at 1 mbit max would inflict tremendous damage on my mental health and in turn( as a result of banging ones head against the wall while waiting for the stuff to get downloaded) on my physical health as well rofl

johhny
01-01-2012, 09:58 PM
http://just4today.net/ is free again

Stabber
01-02-2012, 12:51 AM

What speeds is it limited to ?

sandman_1
01-02-2012, 12:56 AM

I think it is 2Mbps.

Stabber
01-02-2012, 12:58 AM

I think it is 2Mbps.

Thanks , i 'll stick with ipv6 then ;)

cometz
01-02-2012, 01:51 AM
Apparently the free accounts stop working ,...

, so i guess this is final :(

can anyone help how to get free access by ip6 ?:blink:

anon
01-02-2012, 03:16 AM
can anyone help how to get free access by ip6 ?:blink:

That's documented in many threads here. Just do a search for "IPv6" in this subforum.

cometz
01-02-2012, 04:40 AM
thanx for the head-up but i got confused, there is so many related questions and it seems i will never find what i want to learn about it this soon

... how to get free access by ip6 ?:blink:

what/where are the instructions/requirements?

anon
01-02-2012, 05:01 AM
http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/422952-Ipv6-working-in-Windows-7-Windows-2008-for-FREE-usenet-without-3rd-party-software

There's a full step-by-step guide on how to gain IPv6 connectivity under Windows if your provider doesn't offer it. Then you can tell your favorite newsreader to connect to any of the available free servers (here (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/422946-Self-updating-list-of-usenet-conectivity-to-FREE-IPV6-IPV4-news-servers)'s a list). I don't think it can get any more straightforward than that. :)

cometz
01-02-2012, 10:15 AM
I don't think it can get any more straightforward than that. :)

a special appreciation for making the the most straightforward way to help!,
i found it very interesting; but i can't get it pass from this step below further :

step 3.
open an administrator cmd window. if your user account is admin thats all you need. go to the start menu and in the search box type
cmd now that you have a command window type

netsh int ipv6 show teredo enter to look at the current state if its not enterpriseclient make it so with

netsh interface teredo set state enterprisecliententer. then

netsh int ipv6 show teredo now it should be interprise.

route printfind the number of the interface listed as "teredo tunneling Pseudo-Interface" in my case its 49 so replace the number with your number.

netsh interface ipv6 add route ::/0 interface=49Thats it except it buggy see if you can

ping ipv6.google.comor http://wattcher.015.info/check-ipv6-refresh.html(If you have source code for this site I'd love to have it =).)
http://test-ipv6.com/ to check the connectivity.
It seems to drop out sometimes on me and all i do is cmd

netsh interface ipv6 add route ::/0 interface=49again and it works again.

i can't find the number that is said listed as "teredo tunneling Pseudo-Interface" after doing the command [route print] in my cmd but i have this similar line instead---> "27...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter" (it's a copy->paste)

is the number 27 in this line the same number that is necessary for

and as another question i want to know is newsleecher also friendly with this method ? what are restrictions?

Stabber
01-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Btw i'm not sure what will happen with binload . Now no one can signup even for paid subscription , and all the free accounts stopped working .

I guess there is a possibility to reenable the accounts

krackt
01-03-2012, 02:21 AM
, and all the free accounts stopped working . ...errr no they haven't. still shakin it here boss.

nonsense
01-03-2012, 12:48 PM
, and all the free accounts stopped working . ...errr no they haven't. still shakin it here boss.

True!I get free account again!AWESOME!!
Account expiry: 2013-01-01 00:00:00

Stabber
01-03-2012, 02:01 PM
...errr no they haven't. still shakin it here boss.

That's great news ! ;)

anon
01-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Seems I'm among the lucky ones here too... unless they extended the service for everyone :) I installed the new Binload client to check and my password didn't even change.

Where can you see the expiry date?

Stabber
01-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Seems I'm among the lucky ones here too... unless they extended the service for everyone :) I installed the new Binload client to check and my password didn't even change.

Where can you see the expiry date?

Probably with the application a member made here on fst , to retrieve your login details for binload as well the expiry date

anon
01-03-2012, 06:49 PM
Oh, that nifty little program from enerdude, I had forgotten about it.

Stabber
01-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Btw although this is out of topic , because binload was not working i used ipv6 xsnews , and it seems to have even better retention than binload

I tried to download something 527 days old , with binload i couldn't but with xsnews it worked .

It seems they increased their retention because i remember that it was about >100 days . The same thing states this site http://en.cship.org/wiki/Free_Usenet_Newsservers_with_alt.binaries

cometz
01-03-2012, 09:24 PM
can someone plz provide me a login account details for binload client so that i'll be able to use enerdude's program and have my own user/pass? since there is no sign of further official signup ...

and a "notification" for "anon", you did forget to answer my previous post, i'm still in trouble with ipv6 without 3rd party getting to work... plz do consider my problem & help me along

looks like gently i'm getting addicted with the technicality!
so thank you guys all

anon
01-03-2012, 09:30 PM
can someone plz provide me a login account details for binload client so that i'll be able to use enerdude's program and have my own user/pass? since there is no sign of further official signup ...

Your own? It'd be the NNTP login data of the person who gave you the details. :P

and a "notification" for "anon", you did forget to answer my previous post, i'm still in trouble with ipv6 without 3rd party getting to work...

I have yet to try the IPv6 stuff, so I don't know the specifics.

Stabber
01-04-2012, 06:40 PM

and a "notification" for "anon", you did forget to answer my previous post, i'm still in trouble with ipv6 without 3rd party getting to work... plz do consider my problem & help me along

so thank you guys all

The only good ipv6 newserver with good speeds and retention is xsnews , which has closed any registrations sometime ago . The other alternatives with lower retention are here :

http://en.cship.org/wiki/Free_Usenet_Newsservers_with_alt.binaries

Stabber
01-04-2012, 06:42 PM

so thank you guys all

The only good ipv6 newserver with good speeds and retention is xsnews , which has closed any registrations sometime ago . The other alternatives with lower retention are here :

http://en.cship.org/wiki/Free_Usenet_Newsservers_with_alt.binaries

KFlint
01-05-2012, 02:05 AM
Binload is working fine here for me, not sure for how long. I looked at their new interface and it's actually looking really convenient to use for someone who knows nothing about file sharing. I wonder about the legal aspect of this concept tough. Hosting the files and giving an interface to find it might be asking for troubles.

LazyGuy
01-05-2012, 12:14 PM
is it possible to make new accounts at Binload ?

Stabber
01-05-2012, 01:45 PM
as it states on their website , no there isn't

anon
01-05-2012, 05:33 PM
I wonder about the legal aspect of this concept tough. Hosting the files and giving an interface to find it might be asking for troubles.

That's correct. It's almost too good to be true.

is it possible to make new accounts at Binload ?

as it states on their website , no there isn't

Coming soon to a trading area near you: [HAVE] Binload login [WANT] Offers".

cometz
01-05-2012, 05:38 PM
The only good ipv6 newserver with good speeds and retention is xsnews , which has closed any registrations sometime ago, ...

there you go another sad news i get here!

I have yet to try the IPv6 stuff, so I don't know the specifics.
as well here

but anyways,
thanx

honeyclarck
01-10-2012, 09:19 AM
Again happy because
Many sites are free again So enjoy

Hypatia
01-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Hosting the files and giving an interface to find it might be asking for troubles.

newshosting and giganews have made their own newsreaders that have search capabilities as well

Nothing illegal here. Though we all know that copyright mafia always tries to sue google.

Stabber
01-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Again happy because
http://just4today.net/ is free again So enjoy

I'm too lazy to change username and pass each day , not to mention the low retention ;)

Binload + xsnews ftw

Stabber
02-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Does binload stopped working today for anyone else?

8hobo8
02-08-2012, 07:20 PM

confirmed, times out, SSL or regular, using SAB

Stabber
02-08-2012, 07:52 PM

confirmed, times out, SSL or regular, using SAB

i hope it is not permanent

update : it is working at the moment

8hobo8
02-08-2012, 09:43 PM
:):happy::D

Jammie2k7
02-08-2012, 10:24 PM
still working here! :)