View Full Version : For Canadians Only

Keikan
11-15-2003, 07:18 AM
Who you going to vote for prime minister? or wound want to vote for

protak
11-15-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Keikan@15 November 2003 - 07:18
Who you going to vote for prime minister? or wound want to vote for
With the past Prime Ministers we've had, it may be a good thing not to vote, but with that said, I think Paul Martin will win, and with his solid background, and previous success in business, he may be a decent P.M.

MagicNakor
11-15-2003, 08:43 AM
We don't really know who all's running yet. ;)

:ninja:

james_bond_rulez
11-15-2003, 08:50 AM
Paul Martin

definately :lol:

MagicNakor
11-15-2003, 10:18 AM
Maybe it'd be more insightful to state why you'd vote for a certain candidate.

I can't say whom I'll vote for. I haven't decided yet.

schlemy
11-20-2003, 05:54 AM
I'm just going to be completely relieved when Chretien is gone !!!!

He's the reason that our relations with the U.S. have gone for a crapper.

SUCH A DUMB A$$ !!!!

MagicNakor
11-20-2003, 09:03 AM
Heh. Chretien did a good thing by keeping Canada distanced from the US. We've got Mulroney to blame for NAFTA.

And I'm not optimistic about Martin. He's too eager to become buddy-buddy with the White House.

schlemy
11-20-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@20 November 2003 - 10:03
Heh. Chretien did a good thing by keeping Canada distanced from the US. We've got Mulroney to blame for NAFTA.

And I'm not optimistic about Martin. He's too eager to become buddy-buddy with the White House.

I couldn't agree with you more about what UltraMaroon did to this country with NAFTA....But how can you possibly say that anything that Cretin did while being Prime Minister was good ?? LOL

Anytime, anything relevant happened in the world....Someone had to kick him in the ass and say "Didn't you see that ??". :blink:

He kept on missing the boat everytime !!! :angry:

HE IS AN EMBARASSMENT TO THIS COUNTRY !!!!!

MagicNakor
11-21-2003, 02:12 AM
He got rid of the deficit. He pretty much kept the country from splitting apart. He refused to enter the Iraq invasion. Unfortunately the marijuana decriminalization and same-sex marriage bills will be left to Martin. He's also been behind a number of other reforms, but that was under Trudeau.

Edit: And he hasn't choked on any pretzels.

protak
11-21-2003, 02:41 AM
He got rid of the deficit.
That's news to me.... :D

He pretty much kept the country from splitting apart.
No, he gave the french what they wanted, a pure Trudeau tactic... :lol:

He refused to enter the Iraq invasion.
That proved to be a good decision..... :P

Unfortunately the marijuana decriminalization and same-sex marriage bills will be left to Martin.
Another example of If I avoid this long enough....... :D

And he hasn't choked on any pretzels.
LMAO.... :lol: :D

Cheers,
Tim ;)

protak
11-21-2003, 02:42 AM
He got rid of the deficit.
That's news to me.... :D

He pretty much kept the country from splitting apart.
No, he gave the french what they wanted, a pure Trudeau tactic... :lol:

He refused to enter the Iraq invasion.
That proved to be a good decision..... :P

Unfortunately the marijuana decriminalization and same-sex marriage bills will be left to Martin.
Another example of If I avoid this long enough....... :D

And he hasn't choked on any pretzels.
LMAO.... :lol: :D

Cheers,
Tim ;)

Edit: Sorry I posted it twice, Did'nt show when i first posted.

MagicNakor
11-21-2003, 03:08 AM
There is no deficit currently. The government has been running on a surplus for quite a few years. Debt and deficit are two different things.

I'm not entirely certain where you're at protak, but had Quebec split, British Columbia and Alberta would've followed. Western alienation isn't a new feeling.

Back when he was Justice Minister, he was more "radical." Take a look at the uproar caused by the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

protak
11-21-2003, 10:45 PM
I'm not entirely certain where you're at protak, but had Quebec split, British Columbia and Alberta would've followed. Western alienation isn't a new feeling.
I understand that MN, but caving in to demand's, is not a well thought out political move. The last time Quebec wanted to split, they said, "We want our independence, but we want to continue receiving, federal and provincial funding.. :blink: :blink: I know it would be disasterous, if any province seperated, I beleive it would cause a domino effect.....But Quebec will not let this go, they will continue to pursue their independence, thankfully the Bloc does not have the support they use to. ;)

Cheers
Tim B)

balamm
11-21-2003, 11:07 PM
Doesn't matter what us british columbians vote for, if we even bother. The election is finished and the results announced all over the world before most of us even get off work.

MagicNakor
11-22-2003, 02:43 AM
It doesn't really matter who any province or territory votes for, save the eastern ones. The majority of the population's holed up in Ontario and Quebec anyway.

Protak, Quebec wanting to seperate is nothing new. It goes back to before Confederation.

protak
11-22-2003, 02:50 AM
Protak, Quebec wanting to seperate is nothing new. It goes back to before Confederation.
Um...I know Magic :lol:
Cheers
Tim

silent VI
11-25-2003, 07:53 AM
the marijuana party :)