PDA

View Full Version : CN Again Again...

bumrocks
01-08-2012, 05:35 AM
Yes, CN has made a return.

Yes, most of the old staff along with new are there. Yes, it is starting out much like CN did in its early days. Here is the bottom line. Certain members of staff take privacy more seriously than others. There is no reasoning behind faulting them for that. There are those of us, like I, that are fairly easy to find and have a pretty open conversation with anyone that wants it. I can't over-rule or take peoples considerations out of the equation and have to respect their needs/wants.

The intention of the site is to grow fairly slowly. For financial or any number of other reasons a lot of sites don't have this option. Don't think wrongly cause we have this option and choose to take it. Please, don't put the leet label on this. We have given members invites at varying times. I have invited close to 30 myself. Many are members here and I am sure I will end up inviting more...The site is not designed to be inaccessible. Open to friends and their friends, etc. About the only thing we ask is that you not share info about the site publicly, without first speaking to staff about it. There is no rule about speaking privately...We are not fanatical or some shit. I know that only makes people want to do it all the more...I am a realist. The rule is there, to not cause drama or give a false sense of importance but because a few people wish it and their reasons don't have a good argument from me.

With that said, I still expect flaming and all that shit...Cause I'm still a realist. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, as well. But this is from me to you on the subject with what I am right in the middle of. Make of it what you will.

n00bz0r
01-08-2012, 05:47 AM
Having known you, bumrocks, I was expecting something like this to show up on this board.
:thumbsup:

JebusAT
01-08-2012, 05:56 AM
I have all the nudes from the last Staff retreat...kinda messy, but PM me if you want them. Oh...Hi bumrocks!

n00bz0r
01-08-2012, 06:30 AM
Nudes of guys? You into all that stuff? :huh:
In case you happen to have some nudes of a staffer chick (Real ones, please), let us know. You'll be getting more PMs and attention.

McScabb
01-08-2012, 06:33 AM
i was never a member at cn but i dont see a problem with wanting to stay in the background..out of sight, out of mind right? i mean its no secret that most trackers have copyright infringing material and with the way laws are changing now its a very risky business to be in, for say an owner...and to just put yourself in the public eye is crazy..thats like a drug dealer putting a sign in his from yard saying "Buy Drugs Here" -------------------------------->

Cut-Copy-Paste
01-08-2012, 06:38 AM
Nudes of guys? You into all that stuff? :huh:
In case you happen to have some nudes of a staffer chick (Real ones, please), let us know. You'll be getting more PMs and attention.

And some Invites also. Pics Or didnt happen

Quarterquack
01-08-2012, 07:13 AM
Having known you, bumrocks, I was expecting something like this to show up on this board.
:thumbsup:

:yes:

Knew a post like this was coming.

inyourfaith
01-08-2012, 07:25 AM
Was a member of THB.Really loved this site.Hope to join CN soon.

Glaucon
01-08-2012, 10:30 AM
You sure are a stubborn bunch. :D Best of luck with the growth, it was quite an enjoying stay last time I was a member there.

bijoy
01-08-2012, 10:50 AM
PM me if you have some good looking real chicks in the site. :P

wltan
01-08-2012, 11:32 AM
is it CN or TBH please?

Glaucon
01-08-2012, 11:35 AM
is it CN or TBH please?

It's CN as far as I can tell from the screenshots I found.

HG1
01-08-2012, 12:03 PM
CN reborn ... no connections with TBH ... ^^

Enigineer
01-08-2012, 01:17 PM
iam very happy to hear that original cn back again

so is there interview or invites for old cn members or Recruitment soon????

t00z
01-08-2012, 01:55 PM
CN reborn ... no connections with TBH ... ^^Awesome :D

asserouge
01-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Very nice indeed !

Yoann64
01-08-2012, 02:18 PM
iam very happy to hear that original cn back again

so is there interview or invites for old cn members or Recruitment soon????

"Shark Attack"

Jerry
01-08-2012, 02:54 PM
and what is the url? and how to join?

P2PDog
01-08-2012, 03:10 PM

I don't think thecatlady is going to be staff this time :P

DeadPoet
01-08-2012, 04:18 PM

She wasn't good looking anyways. :idunno:

JebusAT
01-08-2012, 04:26 PM

No...since she had a penis

Glaucon
01-08-2012, 04:52 PM

No...since she had a penis

There's no need to discriminate :lol:

martzy
01-08-2012, 05:04 PM
I had an account before, i would like a new one. Could someone give me a PM with the url?
Thx.

DeadPoet
01-08-2012, 05:08 PM
I had an account before, i would like a new one. Could someone give me a PM with the url?
Thx.

I doubt you can get an invite from the login page so what's the point of url?

JebusAT
01-08-2012, 05:48 PM
You'll have to wait for bumrocks to make a recruitment thread, or find the other recruitment threads already out there.

bumrocks
01-09-2012, 03:54 AM
You'll have to wait for bumrocks to make a recruitment thread, or find the other recruitment threads already out there.

I am not aware of any recruitment threads on any site.

JebusAT
01-09-2012, 04:26 AM

I am not aware of any recruitment threads on any site.

On awesomesitenumberonegojapan.org.co.uk.eu there are like 18 of them

1000possibleclaws
01-09-2012, 07:08 AM
How many times will CN get knocked down and get back up the exact same way, before they realize that their org structure is needlessly inefficient and complex and doesn't even gel or work to complement the protocol?

Maan, it seems incredible amounts of effort and dedication are poured into these CN sites, but I see nothing ever really being accomplished in the long run, except maybe a forum for cliche btnerd small-talk and bonding. Amirite? (By the way I don't know why I pick on CN because there are soooo many sites that fail or stagnate much more definitively, so if this is bashing it is meant in the nicest way possible)

bumrocks
01-09-2012, 10:05 AM
How many times will CN get knocked down and get back up the exact same way, before they realize that their org structure is needlessly inefficient and complex and doesn't even gel or work to complement the protocol?

Maan, it seems incredible amounts of effort and dedication are poured into these CN sites, but I see nothing ever really being accomplished in the long run, except maybe a forum for cliche btnerd small-talk and bonding. Amirite? (By the way I don't know why I pick on CN because there are soooo many sites that fail or stagnate much more definitively, so if this is bashing it is meant in the nicest way possible)

I'd notch this one up as constructive criticism. Can't say as I have a real argument for you there except the site does not have to be complex. There is nothing wrong with using it like any other site and simply getting movies. Higher classes don't get extra releases or anything. But yes, it can be complex or brain aching to figure some of the shit out if you want to use and access varying features...

Imo, you have hit the nail somewhat on the head. My hope is that shit works out. There are extremely capable people there. If they can gel together then there is a lot of potential. We'll have to wait this one out to see...

IdolEyes787
01-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Maybe the problem isn't with the organizers but with the same core membership that they invariably seem to want to fill the place up with.

To illustrate.I have a car.I lend it to Steve . Steve drives drunk and smashes the fuck out of it.I buy another car .Silly me I lend it to Steve again.I am surprised when Steve again drives my precious car into a tree.Still not done I buy another car but this time a compact, thinking somehow that is going to make a difference.:mellow:

ZANKAR
01-09-2012, 02:32 PM
CN was good as a closed community, but in terms of content it lacked some lust in it.

Though just my person view

cinephilia
01-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Maybe the problem isn't with the organizers but with the same core membership that they invariably seem to want to fill the place up with.

To illustrate.I have a car.I lend it to Steve . Steve drives drunk and smashes the fuck out of it.I buy another car .Silly me I lend it to Steve again.I am surprised when Steve again drives my precious car into a tree.Still not done I buy another car but this time a compact, thinking somehow that is going to make a difference.:mellow:

wonderful analogy bro.

IdolEyes787
01-09-2012, 04:48 PM
What analogy? That actually happened.:unsure:

ElitUser
01-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Just join in CN again
the interface is same but much looking good then the previous one.

Hope for the best

Slickerey
01-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Are old accounts still intact?

DeadPoet
01-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Are old accounts still intact?

No, they are not.

mrnobody
01-09-2012, 08:37 PM
you're saying it was gone twice? ;o

DrParker
01-10-2012, 07:24 PM
what is the current URL? the old ones doesn't work

ElitUser
01-10-2012, 11:19 PM
what is the current URL?

DeadPoet
01-10-2012, 11:58 PM
what is the current URL? the old ones doesn't work

As mentioned before - it's not important to you since they started from scratch.
You'll get all the neccesary info in your email if/when you will be invited.

Joseph
01-11-2012, 12:12 AM
it seems DeadPoet knows a lot about the CN resurrection but don't want to share to many with us
are you a staff member there or what?

DeadPoet
01-11-2012, 12:39 AM
it seems DeadPoet knows a lot about the CN resurrection but don't want to share to many with us
are you a staff member there or what?

I'm not even a member and all my "knowledge" about CN comes from this thread, only.

anon
01-11-2012, 12:40 AM

Yes, that's very rude of you, DeadPoet. Tell this guy what level the new CN is so that he can head back to the trade section in peace. :P

anon
01-11-2012, 01:31 AM
Many people don't realize that the cloak of invisibility has the side effect of making you irrelevant.

If there's something I've learned from RPGs it's that I'd rather be irrelevant than dead.

Also, intrinsic invis is cooler. It doesn't increase food consumption nor block the cloak slot. :01:

JebusAT
01-11-2012, 01:47 AM
Many people don't realize that the cloak of invisibility has the side effect of making you irrelevant.

If there's something I've learned from RPGs it's that I'd rather be irrelevant than dead.

Also, intrinsic invis is cooler. It doesn't increase food consumption nor block the cloak slot. :01:

What if you use both in conjunction with "The Jockstrap of Enormity"? Does that balance all the side effects out, or are you still peen heavy?

soulreaper
01-11-2012, 01:32 PM
What's the point? PTP + KG is all one needs.

kukushka
01-11-2012, 02:19 PM
tight-knit community, feeeeeatures. oh, security! :naughty:
so actually if you like games but pretend to like muvees - this is da place

about "all one need" - different maniacs have different needs..

Cabalo
01-11-2012, 05:34 PM
This is going WAY too off topic.
Please don't make me come back to this thread for the same purposes as this last time.

mjmacky
01-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Please don't make me come back to this thread for the same purposes as this last time.

Well you can't really have an on topic discussion about a hush hush site, the conversational premise is flawed from the start. That being said, perhaps you or someone else could post some details so that everyone might know what the fuck we're supposed to be talking about here. Perhaps assure the posters that their posts won't get whacked by some mafia type if they actually talk about the site.

Burnsy
01-11-2012, 07:19 PM

I'm curious... I know you had some sort of fall out with CN, or TBH, or whatever it was at the time, over something... any chance of letting us know what it was over? Or is there a thread to read (before I go hunting for nothing :lol:)?

vinhkhang01
01-11-2012, 07:42 PM
How's TC comparing to PTP ?

ca_aok
01-11-2012, 07:54 PM
I wish you guys the best of luck. Though I really think you should've just started a new site and stopped trying to live in the shadow of a dead one.

anon
01-11-2012, 08:18 PM

I was liking the other topic more, but okay :cry:

kukushka
01-11-2012, 09:45 PM

tc

Users Stats

Maximum Users: 100,000
Enabled Users: 74,313
Online Now: 61

Online Today: 2,584
Online This Week: 7,649
Online This Month: 14,269

Torrents Stats

Torrents: 23,804
Films: 14,278
Actors: 307,076
Directors: 11,407
Writers: 22,272

Total Requests: 7,610
Requests Filled: 72.47% (5515)
Snatches: 1,332,732
Seeders: 99,852
Leechers: 4,023

ptp

Community Stats

Maximum Users: 25,000
Enabled Users: 23,748 [Details]
Users active today: 8,005 (33.71%)
Users active this week: 16,264 (68.49%)
Users active this month: 21,588 (90.90%)

Library Stats

Torrents: 100,796 [Details]
Movies: 54,454
Collections: 1,963
Subtitles: 84,909
User Ratings: 546,136
People: 612,489
Requests: 19,381 (62.24% filled)
Snatches: 3,510,302
Peers: 473,706
Seeders: 468,204
Leechers: 5,502
Seeder/Leecher Ratio: 85.09

sheriff 01
01-11-2012, 10:07 PM

I'm curious... I know you had some sort of fall out with CN, or TBH, or whatever it was at the time, over something... any chance of letting us know what it was over? Or is there a thread to read (before I go hunting for nothing :lol:)?

Ohhhh fuck that story was so epic my fuckin side split from laughing so hard. The conspiracys involved were just ludicrous-hehehe

McScabb
01-11-2012, 11:01 PM
welcome back cn

darkblue
01-12-2012, 09:58 AM
nice to see CN back:)

soulreaper
01-12-2012, 02:05 PM

PTP is the what.cd of movies. TC doesn't come close!

Glaucon
01-12-2012, 05:52 PM
nice to see CN back:)

If only we'd actually see it.

DeadPoet
01-12-2012, 06:04 PM

Give it some time. They'll need new members eventually and if you really would like to join it for all the right reasons, you will get in. Don't be baby crying for a candy, it won't do good for ya.

Glaucon
01-12-2012, 09:11 PM

Don't be baby crying for a candy, it won't do good for ya.

Not sure which part implied I wished to join, or that I was a baby. I merely jested at the secrecy surrounding it.

DeadPoet
01-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Allright, my mistake.
It's just annoying to look at those "whats the url", "where's my invite I was a member of CN before", ''show some screens" posts and I took you for one of those cry-babies as I didn't check threads previous pages. We cool now? :3

Glaucon
01-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Allright, my mistake.
It's just annoying to look at those "whats the url", "where's my invite I was a member of CN before", ''show some screens" posts and I took you for one of those cry-babies as I didn't check threads previous pages. We cool now? :3

About 37 degrees Celsius, yeah. :happy:

1000possibleclaws
01-14-2012, 08:43 PM

I'd notch this one up as constructive criticism. Can't say as I have a real argument for you there except the site does not have to be complex. There is nothing wrong with using it like any other site and simply getting movies. Higher classes don't get extra releases or anything. But yes, it can be complex or brain aching to figure some of the shit out if you want to use and access varying features...

Imo, you have hit the nail somewhat on the head. My hope is that shit works out. There are extremely capable people there. If they can gel together then there is a lot of potential. We'll have to wait this one out to see...

Yeah I commend the coders and management for the work they put into the site, which is pretty crucial in order to succeed. Hopefully you guys can get the other pieces put in place right this time, and not make the same decisions as before moving forward.

In my opinion there is too much focus on micro-managing and control, and not enough on the big picture. But that is just me, and I understand it's hard if not impossible to avoid this when the goal is to be a closed community tracker from day one.

A good example of what I believe fosters success, is a new tracker called Alpha-Omega, because they established themselves with a pretty open policy from the beginnning. Sure they will get lots of the types they might not ideally want, but I think they understand you can't build an 'elite' userbase overnight and that there are no shortcuts in this business. If CN wants to be a household tracker name 5 years from now instead of right now, they might want to rethink the recruitment structure. Interviews and invites are higher effort mediums on staff side, when compared to sporadic open signups. And I think they are taking a massive chunk out of their potential initial core userbase by doing this. Hard to argue that the benefits of making trades and such harder to make, actually outweight the negative that is this huge loss in userbase. Time would be better spent by starting with a huge pool of users and then over time systematically removing the cheaters. And disabling for inactivity also has no benefit but comes with the negative impact of losing a potential future core user. Alot of established trackers do this, and I think the newer ones that copy this same rule are not really thinking for themselves.

Hope some of this is useful, whether or not you agree with it.

JebusAT
01-14-2012, 09:36 PM
It was decided that the Member base was going to be small from the beginning - only 1500. They have no desire to be a big tracker, just an active one for their members. I was the one that pushed for open signups on TBH - because it was stagnant, and needed more activity...it lasted until redhat got his first few donations and fucked off leaving us high and dry lol.

1000possibleclaws
01-14-2012, 10:26 PM
It was decided that the Member base was going to be small from the beginning - only 1500. They have no desire to be a big tracker, just an active one for their members.

Open signups have very little to do with whether or not a tracker is going to be huge or small. And yeah that figures management thinks this because it was said in the topic post. Am doubtful this version will even be as successful as predecessors if that doesn't change, especially as the core members realize these sites are temporary and also a relative waste of time. But I guess we always need our token stepping-stone trackers around to maintain hierarchy. And almost ironically because of this, they will mainly attract 'those' sorts of members (see below).

TTS
01-14-2012, 10:50 PM
What do you want for CN inv ?

sheriff 01
01-14-2012, 11:07 PM

I want you to get a fuckin job, then a life and then maybe some pussy to pound on a regular basis-lol

kingeater
01-15-2012, 04:26 AM

I want you to get a fuckin job, then a life and then maybe some pussy to pound on a regular basis-lol
I would take all of those without wanting a trade lol. Nice line though :P

robogo25
01-15-2012, 05:12 PM
PTP is the best movie tracker, :cool: CN will never achieve this level :P

JebusAT
01-15-2012, 06:22 PM
CN will never strive to have the Member base PTP has, torrent wise that might be another story once everything is set up.

Glaucon
01-16-2012, 05:55 PM
torrent wise that might be another story once everything is set up.

As long as they can present it in a similarly accessible fashion. Right now, I don't see that happening with PTP having a clear advantage because of it's Gazelle codebase.

r0bkupf
01-16-2012, 06:14 PM
elro is a fucking little prick with some seriuos issues...

Glaucon
01-16-2012, 09:51 PM

Care to elaborate? I didn't perceive him as such.

IdolEyes787
01-17-2012, 12:38 AM

I think this is what is termed irony.

n00bz0r
01-17-2012, 06:07 AM

I think this is what is termed irony.
:rofl:

HG1
01-17-2012, 06:52 AM
How's TC comparing to PTP ?]

i like TC much better , dont care abt stats anywayz !

lmfao !!!

darkblue
01-17-2012, 11:11 AM
tc is ok but ptp is awesome.
ptp Movies: 54,623
tc Films: 14,331

minethislike
01-17-2012, 11:14 AM
wohoo .. cn is back :lol:

robogo25
01-17-2012, 12:16 PM
tc is ok but ptp is awesome.
ptp Movies: 54,623
tc Films: 14,331

PTP is the best, huge and excellent content :)

Relanium
01-17-2012, 12:30 PM
Site: CN
Content: Movies

Yes, CN is reborn! Not to be mistaken as TBH relived..

Without too much detail, all the old staff is there along with new ones! All signs of TBH are gone. Therefore, there will never be open sign-ups OR external apps. iKiller has given his blessing and helps on the site as well. TheDevil is back. D3m0n has come out of retirement to make a new stylesheet for the relaunch (along with other graphic enhancements about the site). We are going old school CN and keeping things quiet.

I am going to make it fairly easy and will not scrutinize to harshly. Other staff members will still have to look at your apps so it may take a day or two before you hear an answer. The good news is, if you are let on the site, there is a thread with information of how to fill out an app for a friend. Although, this will be very much scrutinized by at least 3-4 members of staff as well.

We are out of beta but there are some things that still need to be worked out.

If you are interested, please PM me directly. Please provide the following information... ( With subject CN )

1) Where you a previous CN member "This does not include TBH" and if so what was your username? If so, what name did you go by? If you were/are a recognized member it will surely help in the process and possibly expedite the invite.

2) Outside of seeding and leeching your butt off, is there any special skills that you are gonna be able to offer to the site? Likewise, are there any special needs that we can be on the lookout to help you with?

3) Please provide at least 3 Profile links on other BT sites. Obviously these should be older accounts or at the least, frequently used accounts. Also refrain from obscure or non-English speaking trackers (with the exception of some of the larger Asian HD ones). giving links to Non Movement Tracker Helps Your Application, If you have different names on these sites, please explain why.

-
-
-

4) Here is where you can post anything that you would like to share about yourself, interest in the site, help you may want to offer, etc. What you enjoy in life...What you hope to get from CN. No specific criteria. Just a little for us to get to know you...

5) Where are you from?

6) Your email...

Don't send multiple pms.Don't apply for someone else.If you don't hear back from me in one week means you are rejected.

*HDBits* Offer invite Section

IdolEyes787
01-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Let the insincerity begin.

Also in the way of scrutinizing I "scrutinized" your post history here and not word one about movies.In fact every single post had something to do with getting into trackers.:unsure:No jovial banter ,no wide swath of interests just a conspicuously mercenary attitude.Oh course you no doubt save "the good stuff" for places where it really counts.:)

ca_aok
01-17-2012, 02:02 PM
giving links to Non Movement Tracker Helps Your Application, If you have different names on these sites, please explain why.
Sigh...

Cabalo
01-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Site: CN
Content: Movies

Yes, CN is reborn! Not to be mistaken as TBH relived..

Without too much detail, all the old staff is there along with new ones! All signs of TBH are gone. Therefore, there will never be open sign-ups OR external apps. iKiller has given his blessing and helps on the site as well. TheDevil is back. D3m0n has come out of retirement to make a new stylesheet for the relaunch (along with other graphic enhancements about the site). We are going old school CN and keeping things quiet.

I am going to make it fairly easy and will not scrutinize to harshly. Other staff members will still have to look at your apps so it may take a day or two before you hear an answer. The good news is, if you are let on the site, there is a thread with information of how to fill out an app for a friend. Although, this will be very much scrutinized by at least 3-4 members of staff as well.

We are out of beta but there are some things that still need to be worked out.

If you are interested, please PM me directly. Please provide the following information... ( With subject CN )

1) Where you a previous CN member "This does not include TBH" and if so what was your username? If so, what name did you go by? If you were/are a recognized member it will surely help in the process and possibly expedite the invite.

2) Outside of seeding and leeching your butt off, is there any special skills that you are gonna be able to offer to the site? Likewise, are there any special needs that we can be on the lookout to help you with?

3) Please provide at least 3 Profile links on other BT sites. Obviously these should be older accounts or at the least, frequently used accounts. Also refrain from obscure or non-English speaking trackers (with the exception of some of the larger Asian HD ones). giving links to Non Movement Tracker Helps Your Application, If you have different names on these sites, please explain why.

-
-
-

4) Here is where you can post anything that you would like to share about yourself, interest in the site, help you may want to offer, etc. What you enjoy in life...What you hope to get from CN. No specific criteria. Just a little for us to get to know you...

5) Where are you from?

6) Your email...

Don't send multiple pms.Don't apply for someone else.If you don't hear back from me in one week means you are rejected.

*HDBits* Offer invite Section

anon
01-17-2012, 05:39 PM

http://filesharingtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=78818&d=1309630491

IdolEyes787
01-17-2012, 08:04 PM

http://filesharingtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=78818&d=1309630491

So basically what you are saying is that "Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it."
Nah an overwhelming disregard of acknowledging where you might have gone wrong in the past is a sure-fire avenue to success in the future.
At least that's what I like to tell myself.

anon
01-17-2012, 08:09 PM
So basically what you are saying is that "Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it."

Combine that with "a picture is worth a thousand words" and you have my post. :yup:

JebusAT
01-19-2012, 04:30 AM
But ikiller gave his blessing like a true boss, stop hatin' playa

IdolEyes787
01-19-2012, 11:51 AM
I don't see any hate involved.It's merely an observation.If some people wish to be blind to the truth then by all means go ahead.
As I said if you if you are determined to continually do something in exactly the same way just don't be surprised at getting the same result every time.
Anyway except for exercising my vocal cords fingers it matters naught to me either way as I've been deemed unworthy of such illustrious places by the decerning teens that inhabit them long ago and anything about that changing is also highly unlikely.:idunno:

LAMOVIDA
01-20-2012, 09:48 AM
its ah ok tracker but i think they need users and no so secrecy ;(

JebusAT
01-20-2012, 03:59 PM

huh?

BobFromAccounting
01-20-2012, 05:59 PM

huh?

It's really not that hard to understand...

JebusAT
01-20-2012, 06:10 PM
huh?

Huh?

BobFromAccounting
01-20-2012, 06:27 PM

Huh?

It's a decent site but there aren't enough users and he feels it would be better without the emphasis on secrecy. ¿Comprende?

JebusAT
01-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Huh?

It's a decent site but there aren't enough users and he feels it would be better without the emphasis on secrecy. ¿Comprende?

Ahhhhhh......Thank you for the explanation.

getacX
01-22-2012, 04:05 AM
Where can you get?

gamesover
01-22-2012, 09:45 PM
Where can you get?

Huh?

kingeater
01-23-2012, 01:37 AM
Eh.

zoeygirly
01-23-2012, 03:01 AM
Canadian slang:
AWL: Absent without leave (comparable to AWOL in the States)
Caisse populaire: Type of bank (mostly in Quebec)
Click: kilometre
Forty: 40 ounce bottle of booze (also known as a 'forty pounder')
Hoser: an insult (was popular thanks to Bob and Doug!)
Humidex: result of humidity and temperature
Loony: Dollar (or loonie; plural = loonies)
Mickey: 13 ounce bottle of booze
Pogey: welfare or employment insurance
Poutine: fries, gravy and lots of cheese!
Toonie: 2 dollar coin
Twenty-sixer: 26 ounce bottle of booze (aka twixer)
Two-four: case of 24 beers (may also be pronounce 'two-fer')
Tuque: winter cap

Eh!!! Yay hockey!!!

P2PDog
01-23-2012, 05:04 AM
Upper Canadian: How a Canadian Maritimer refers to people from Ontario without resorting to profanity.

IdolEyes787
01-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Canadian slang:
AWL: Absent without leave (comparable to AWOL in the States)
Caisse populaire: Type of bank (mostly in Quebec)
Click: kilometre
Forty: 40 ounce bottle of booze (also known as a 'forty pounder')
Hoser: an insult (was popular thanks to Bob and Doug!)
Humidex: result of humidity and temperature
Loony: Dollar (or loonie; plural = loonies)
Mickey: 13 ounce bottle of booze
Pogey: welfare or employment insurance
Poutine: fries, gravy and lots of cheese!
Toonie: 2 dollar coin
Twenty-sixer: 26 ounce bottle of booze (aka twixer)
Two-four: case of 24 beers (may also be pronounce 'two-fer')
Tuque: winter cap

Eh!!! Yay hockey!!!

Fudnick: see above

mjmacky
01-23-2012, 08:05 PM
My guess is that Idol's real name is Doug.

IdolEyes787
01-23-2012, 11:11 PM
My guess is that Idol's real name is Doug.

No it's IdolEyes786.I use IdolEyes787 to throw off the Feds.

tannersmith
01-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Bound to fail. Like uk-two.