PDA

View Full Version : 7 Year Old Charged With What?!?!?

xbballplaya223x
11-18-2003, 12:00 AM
MORRISTOWN, N.J. (AP) - A 7-year-old boy accused of molesting a 5-year-old girl earlier this year will go on trial next week.

The Morris County Prosecutor's Office accused the Kinnelon boy and a 15-year-old neighbor of improperly touching the girl on May 8. The teen pleaded guilty to a disorderly persons charge of harassment by offensive touching and is now serving a year on probation, but the boy rejected the same plea offer.

It takes a special breed of idiot to prosecute a 7 year old for this charge. First the RIAA attacked a 12 year old for the file sharing bullcrap now they are prosecuting a 7 year old.... A 7 YEAR OLD!! with a very serious crime. I understand kids nowadays do strange thing but come on this is completely out of the ordinary.

Your thoughts about this

Cheese
11-18-2003, 12:05 AM
Have you got a link to the source on this one I'd be interested to read the full story. :D

edit - that got moved fast :P

Infested Cats
11-18-2003, 12:08 AM
I love my state. :rolleyes:

Cheese
11-18-2003, 12:37 AM
Well I found a source of the story amd it seems to me that the 7 year old may have been influenced by the older kid...still what a waste of time and money to try and prosecute a 7 year old FFS. I hope this case gets the treatment it deserves and is thrown out.

You shouldn't prosecute a 7 year old on this charge you should try and educate them on what they may or may not have done wrong, this sort of thing could stick to the child for the rest of his life. Is it fair to do that to someone so young?

kAb
11-18-2003, 02:13 AM
sick kids in the world these days. where were the parents?

Abe
11-18-2003, 02:27 AM
the 15 year old is guilty in my opionion but the 7 year old is innocent.

15 is an age you know whats wrong and right sexualy . Unless you live in a hole.

But then school and his future comes in so jail is not an opion but the daily beatings and teasing at school will show him some respect. <_<

i&#39;m just mad <_<

•Balla•
11-18-2003, 03:45 AM
if you ask me i think its all stupid....if lets say someone over 18 did that then yes but these kids are young...wow if i were to go to a girl and touch her she wouldnt sue me

3RA1N1AC
11-18-2003, 06:35 AM
the 5 year old was just asking for it, by dressing so provocatively.

I.am
11-18-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@18 November 2003 - 01:35
the 5 year old was just asking for it, by dressing so provocatively.
WHAT are you talking about? a 5 year old and provocative? (unless you mean in sarcasm ...that comment was just ridiculous)

I had no intention of replying to this thread but seeing where its going this is just ridiculous...

Can anyone put a link to the source. <_<

MagicNakor
11-18-2003, 08:11 AM
Took a while.

http://www.macon.com/mld/philly/news/local/7250730.htm

But I think maybe xbballplaya223x should give his thoughts, rather than just posting an article.

:ninja:

I.am
11-18-2003, 09:14 AM
Thanks for posting the link MagicNakor.

Nothing will obviously happen to the 7 year old. Its just a matter of time. The case obviously stands nowhere.

The thing to think about is not whether a 7 year old was accused of something he didn&#39;t do. He was obviously influenced by the older one. Kids at that age know nothing about this stuff. But I am sure he will learn his lesson hopefully.

The unfortunate thing is a 15 year old molesting a 5 year old&#33;&#33;&#33; How pathetic and how much worse can it get...

Lest we don&#39;t know any side of the story, so cannot debate much either way.

Barbarossa
11-18-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by article

The names of the two youth were not released, and county Prosecutor Michael Rubbinaccio would not discuss specifics of the case, saying only that it will be "appropriately handled in juvenile court."

..sounds more like innappropriately handled to me&#33; :huh:

Arm
11-18-2003, 11:17 AM
As long as the jury is stupid enough to convict a 7 year old then yeah he will be serving jail time. :ph34r: Arms so proud of his country. Only in America............................ <_<

echidna
11-18-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by xbballplaya223x@18 November 2003 - 11:00
...The teen pleaded guilty to a disorderly persons charge of harassment by offensive touching...but the boy rejected the same plea offer....First the RIAA attacked a 12 year old for the file sharing bullcrap now they are prosecuting a 7 year old
The Recording Industries Association of America prosecutes criminal charges?&#33;?&#33;¡¿¡¿
:blink:

something tells me that someones got their wires crossed

i can&#39;t imagine why the RIAA would have any involvment with this case

I.am
11-18-2003, 07:02 PM
@echidna, he doesnt mean RIAA is prosecuting the kid.

Its being referred to the whole system, where organizations like RIAA are prosecuting 12 yrs old and the lawyers are making a molestation case against a 7 year old.

He got some words mixed there ;)

The Real Santa
11-18-2003, 08:00 PM
yea i think i need more details before i have a comment about it

billyfridge
11-18-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by xbballplaya223x@18 November 2003 - 00:00
MORRISTOWN, N.J. (AP) - A 7-year-old boy accused of molesting a 5-year-old girl earlier this year will go on trial next week.

Has nobody ever played &#39;show me yours and i&#39;ll show you mine&#39; at the back of the bike shed when you were 8,9,10,yrs old. innocent curiosity. kids stuff. but you didnt show 15yr olds. basic instinct made you run from those pervs.
but to prosecute a 7yr <_< old for that is a load of bollocks.

mooseman2070
11-18-2003, 11:47 PM
totally absurd

mooseman2070
11-18-2003, 11:50 PM
there should be a law that limits the age of molesting someone. i mean would it be molesting if a one year old touched a one year old? i think 13 should be the limit. after all 13 is the age when you can sign up for aim and other things.

Evil Gemini
11-19-2003, 12:01 AM
Yeah it sucks.

Instead of trying to find out why he did it and if he is being abused himself, they are going to put him on trial ??

Smith
11-19-2003, 12:59 AM
the kids 7 years old, he dosnt know what hes doing. that what school teaches.

zhelynd
11-23-2003, 03:41 AM
what&#39;s gonna be the maximum penalty for this shit? grounded for 60 days or perhaps 90?? lol

fugley
11-23-2003, 01:05 PM
I was once savagely beaten and mugged by two four year olds&#33;

I say bring back the birch&#33;&#33;

:blink:

Biggles
11-23-2003, 07:10 PM
Fugley

Wouldn&#39;t that hurt even more than just an ordinary mugging?

:rolleyes:

Mad Cat
11-23-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Biggles@23 November 2003 - 19:10
Fugley

Wouldn&#39;t that hurt even more than just an ordinary mugging?

:rolleyes:
Yeah, its the emotional sadness that really gets to you...

Anyway, I think this case it dumb. If a 7 year old probably has no idea it was even bad. Totally absurd.

MagicNakor
11-24-2003, 02:13 AM
No one&#39;s seemed to consider the little 5 year-old girl. What about the emotional strife she&#39;ll likely end up with?

zhelynd
11-25-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@24 November 2003 - 03:13
No one&#39;s seemed to consider the little 5 year-old girl. What about the emotional strife she&#39;ll likely end up with?

we all have some shadows in our lives and thats what help us grow and if the 5 yr old can&#39;t even cope with that when she grown up, that means she&#39;s not strong enough for this world and therefore more vulnerable to face further challanges in life

Gemby!
11-25-2003, 09:18 PM
so they can charge 7 yr old with a serious offense but when it comes to adults not much is done .....oh what a luvly world &#33;

Barbarossa
11-25-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by zhelynd+25 November 2003 - 19:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (zhelynd @ 25 November 2003 - 19:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MagicNakor@24 November 2003 - 03:13

we all have some shadows in our lives and thats what help us grow and if the 5 yr old can&#39;t even cope with that when she grown up, that means she&#39;s not strong enough for this world and therefore more vulnerable to face further challanges in life [/b][/quote]
That&#39;s a bit fucking harsh&#33;

I&#39;d like you to imagine what you&#39;d feel like if it was YOUR child that had been abused..

:angry:

It&#39;s society&#39;s responsibility to protect the innocence of it&#39;s children so that they grow up to be well-balanced responsible adults, and not to be haunted by their own childhood and destined for years of self-deprecation and lack of self-worth, which is what can happen due to these "shadows" you so euphamistically term them.

This kind of story sickens me, because it means that society has failed in the above on more than one count, and is continuing to fail. Your attitude is beneath contempt.

I.am
11-25-2003, 10:54 PM
Fully agree with you barbarossa.

People seem to read news nowadays as something happening to someone else. Thats when they stop caring and live their lives happily until they face a similar situation. It sure is a sorry sight to view all this. I was wondering the same thing.

GCNaddict
11-27-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by barbarossa+25 November 2003 - 22:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (barbarossa @ 25 November 2003 - 22:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by zhelynd@25 November 2003 - 19:16
<!--QuoteBegin-MagicNakor@24 November 2003 - 03:13
No one's seemed to consider the little 5 year-old girl. What about the emotional strife she'll likely end up with?

we all have some shadows in our lives and thats what help us grow and if the 5 yr old can't even cope with that when she grown up, that means she's not strong enough for this world and therefore more vulnerable to face further challanges in life
That's a bit fucking harsh!

I'd like you to imagine what you'd feel like if it was YOUR child that had been abused..

:angry:

It's society's responsibility to protect the innocence of it's children so that they grow up to be well-balanced responsible adults, and not to be haunted by their own childhood and destined for years of self-deprecation and lack of self-worth, which is what can happen due to these "shadows" you so euphamistically term them.

This kind of story sickens me, because it means that society has failed in the above on more than one count, and is continuing to fail. Your attitude is beneath contempt. [/b][/quote]
abused by a 7 year old??? hell, how do you know it was even abuse!?! i mean, the fifteen year old better have his ass whooped but the seven year old is completely innocent

lets go to another case:

i dont remember all the details, so bear with me: a 6 year old takes his dad's gun and goes and blasts the head off another 6 year old in his school. he is sent to some little educational seminar on right and wrong, and his parents, who accidently left the gun unlocked, are acquitted of all charges. the aggressor's parents and the victims parents both go side to side and sue the major media companies who make guns look like harmless playtoys

here, there are 3 parties involved rite? a 15 year old, a 7 year old, and a 5 year old. the 7 and 5 year old's parents should sue the brains out of the 15 year old's parents, cuz that teen was a total ass.

so why the hell are they suing the 7 year old instead? cuz the 5 year old's mom wants publicity, and she's probably a damn retard too