PDA

View Full Version : Matrix Online

{I}{K}{E}
11-18-2003, 03:55 PM
http://thematrixonline.ubi.com/US/index.php

Will this screw the trilogy???

Overview
In 2004, the Matrix will become a reality as gamers everywhere log into The Matrix Online to continue the saga of the Matrix movie trilogy.

Players of The Matrix Online (Mx0) will inhabit an enormous urban sprawl, which spreads for miles in all directions. There are subways, nightclubs, skyscrapers, and dark alleys that all seem normal on the surface, but beneath this pedestrian exterior, a secret war is being waged for the survival of humanity and machine alike. Here, you and many operatives like yourself, will determine who shall inherit the earth.

Gameplay Highlights
Dozens of weapons and dramatic martial arts maneuvers that capture the "wire fu" Matrix experience. Use devastating special moves and sneak attacks including breath-taking bullet-time effects that are intelligently generated based on player moves and tactics.
Plot lines by the creators of The Matrix continue the Matrix story where the movie trilogy leaves off and provide you with deep insight into the world of the Matrix.
The Matrix Online will engage you with special events, missions, and monthly story cinematics, all of which effect the action in the game.
A full Rich World cityscape environment with traffic, living neighborhoods and breathtaking skylines that immerse players in the most authentic Matrix MegaCity ever created (Using Lithtechs' RichWorld technology™).
A robust mission system designed for maximum re-playability and depth. Players receive missions from familiar organizations in the Matrix, such as Zion and the Machines.
Authentic "Matrix style" clothing and character customization options allow players to live a virtual life that reflects the fashion of the Matrix movies.
Find, create, or trade Matrix "ability code" that provides incredible knowledge and skill to your character. Unlike other massively multiplayer games, ability code can be swapped out and exchanged like trading cards, providing unprecedented flexibility in the development of a character.
Players can tap into sources of "information" in the game to create or steal code fragments. Code can be used to create both special Matrix items and special abilities.

Haz
11-18-2003, 04:15 PM
Wow it sounds pretty cool. :o

Did you read the FAQ where they answer the question "Can I be Neo?" the uhh answer is kind of vauge don't you think? I'm starting to wonder if this is how they plan on bringing back Neo, since we all know Neo isn't dead, he's like all the comic book superheros who get killed a hundred times and come back a hundred times, they just can't let go. And since the Wachowski's loooooove video games, why not do it that way? easier then spending tons of more money on another sequel.

{I}{K}{E}
11-18-2003, 05:02 PM
Maybe only 1 person who will buy it will be the ONE ;)

Gre1
11-18-2003, 05:05 PM
I think that will be good too.

Marius24
11-18-2003, 05:07 PM
will it b like star wars rpg where u have to pay monthly?

DWk
11-18-2003, 05:57 PM
Will this screw the trilogy???

matrix isnt just a trilogy...its a story told thru different media (movies, game, comics, etc.) so it couldnt ruin it....it just adds up :)

will it b like star wars rpg where u have to pay monthly?

im like 95% sure of this.... since its all online....

Did you read the FAQ where they answer the question "Can I be Neo?" the uhh answer is kind of vauge don't you think?

not vague cuz you will actually be able to ask the oracle :)

RedRival
11-18-2003, 06:05 PM
they are so gonna rip you off with the monthly cost on that game...

namzuf9
11-18-2003, 07:23 PM
I would'nt mind paying if the price is right but if the monthly fees too high they can go kiss my buttocks.
Does anyone know what the monthly fee was for Star Wars?

Cl1mh4224rd
11-18-2003, 08:26 PM
I'm pretty sure it's $13, like most other MMOGs today.

DWk
11-18-2003, 08:34 PM
yea

Marius24
11-18-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Cl1mh4224rd@18 November 2003 - 19:26
I'm pretty sure it's $13, like most other MMOGs today.
&#036;13 is a rip off <_<

namzuf9
11-18-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Cl1mh4224rd@18 November 2003 - 20:26
I&#39;m pretty sure it&#39;s &#036;13, like most other MMOGs today.
&#036;13 a month? What a rip off. So if you play the game for 6 months, Thats &#036;30-50 for a game (I don&#39;t know how much exactly, I&#39;m in the UK) plus 13x6, another &#036;78.
So thats &#036;108-&#036;128 for a friggin game? Now times that by the thousands of people that will buy the game=one big smile on the developers/distributors face.
Thats a lot of dollar to play a game.
I cant see me rushing out to buy this one unless the monthly fee comes down in price.

Cl1mh4224rd
11-19-2003, 10:58 AM
Haha. If you ignore the recuring cost of server maintenance, bandwidth, constant developer attention, and 24/7 in-game support, then yeah... it&#39;s lot of money in their pocket. Unfortunately, most people don&#39;t realize that those are very real, and very high costs that come with running an MMOG.

Thirteen dollars a month is nothing. Get a job.

"Why Pay To Play? (http://www.gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/features/31056.shtml)"

DWk
11-19-2003, 12:11 PM
exactly........ if i had the cash i would get it.... well also the time to play it :lol:

but im sure playing it sometime in a friends house :w00t:

TheDave
11-19-2003, 02:06 PM
sounds perfect...

it&#39;ll suck ass

puk:))
11-19-2003, 02:44 PM
as i dont pay for nearly all my games, films & music, paying £12 (most of the MMORPG are about &#036;12per month plus vat) for a game that has constant updates isnt that bad.

anyone play starwars gal? is it any good?

DWk
11-19-2003, 05:53 PM
a friend of mine does....says it rules

namzuf9
11-19-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Cl1mh4224rd@19 November 2003 - 10:58
Haha. If you ignore the recuring cost of server maintenance, bandwidth, constant developer attention, and 24/7 in-game support, then yeah... it&#39;s lot of money in their pocket. Unfortunately, most people don&#39;t realize that those are very real, and very high costs that come with running an MMOG.

Thirteen dollars a month is nothing. Get a job.

"Why Pay To Play? (http://www.gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/features/31056.shtml)"
Get a freaking job? I earn well son but I still refuse to pay that kind of money for what is just a video game. Do you honestly believe these company&#39;s aren&#39;t making a hefty profit of the back of this?
Now I&#39;m not saying it should be free but if its a popular game like the Matrix online will be, the fees should be just enough to pay out the developers/writers/servers and a little bit more for profit (which if you add to the profit they make from the initial purchase of the game is more than most company&#39;s would make and remember you cant download an illegal copy of this game so they wont be ripped off)
Like I say, I would pay for a game like this if the price was right.

TheDave
11-19-2003, 11:35 PM
with a game like matrix online, couldnt they just use ridiculous ammounts of product placement like in the real world, i know thats what id try. i want a true mmorpg, not just ones for rich kids whose parents own credit cards

bujub22
11-20-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by TheDave@19 November 2003 - 14:06
sounds perfect...

it&#39;ll suck ass
i agree wid him

CadeLaguana
11-20-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by DWk@18 November 2003 - 18:57

Did you read the FAQ where they answer the question "Can I be Neo?" the uhh answer is kind of vauge don&#39;t you think?

not vague cuz you will actually be able to ask the oracle :)
You read the wrong one. Not the question that asks "Can I be the one?", scroll down further to "Can I be Neo?". ;)

Cl1mh4224rd
11-20-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by namzuf9@20 November 2003 - 00:09
Do you honestly believe these company&#39;s aren&#39;t making a hefty profit of the back of this?
Of course they make a hefty profit. They wouldn&#39;t even think twice about developing a game if they didn&#39;t think they could make a hefty profit off of it. That&#39;s the nature of the beast.

As an example, FFXI "broke even" with 190,000 subscribers (in the first month), and that was just the Japanese players. There&#39;s no doubt that the numbers are much higher right now.

While I&#39;d like to see the monthly fee drop as the number of subscribers and, as a result, the game&#39;s profit margin increases, I just think that saying &#036;13 is "a rip off" is a somewhat ignorant point of view...

junkyardking
11-20-2003, 12:16 PM
More matrix crap, the last two movies suxed and from all counts the gamed suxed, now we have an online game to squeeze every little cent left in the story.

From a great story that was the matrix, to a Star trek like franchise with standard scripts and below par quality absolute crap.

Bebi
11-20-2003, 12:22 PM
I bet it wants a very high system requirement. :rolleyes:

TheDave
11-20-2003, 12:27 PM
i think it&#39;ll be for hardcore fans only. cos everyone else will realise it sucks. if you know what i mean

Mad Cat
11-20-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by puk:))@19 November 2003 - 14:44
anyone play starwars gal? is it any good?
I heard people saying its not authentic enough, like a wookie says:
"u knw were tu gt der rifels?????????/////"

It didn&#39;t get a high review, PC mag said stick to Everquest.

In that Matrix online, you can "trade" skills, so in theory, everyone could become a mega-god type char easy.