PDA

View Full Version : Will This Work?

Vamp
11-19-2003, 09:36 PM
I've posted this in Hardware, but I'm posting it here as well because you guys might have tried this.

ets say I have a games console... Xbox for instance, but seeing as this is going to be working for Dreamcast, lets say its a Dreamcast.

Right... I have a TV with only an RF Port, nothing for RCA Cables to go into... But I have a VCR With AV (RCA) in, AV out, RF in and RF out.

When I've tried pluging the RCA Cables from the Dreamcast into the RCA-In of the VCR and then using a cable going from the RF-Out of the VCR to the RF-In of the TV, I don't get any picture or sound... Can things only work when it's RF-Out from one thing to RF in of another, or AV-Out from one thing to AV-in of another.

I need to get a color modification chip for my Dreamcast, because it's an NTSC system and I want to play it on a PAL TV, so there is bad sound and the picture comes out in black and white. These guys that own this Console Games store I'm taking it to be modded say I'll have to use AV with the DC after it's been modded as RF wont work, but they say it will work if I have the AV from the Dreamcast going to AV of the VCR and the RF-Out of the VCR going to RF of the TV, they say it will only for the Dreamcast... Is it possible that it will work, or are they lying to me?

I've had good experience with them, after I got my Xbox mod-chipped and my best friend swears by them...

So... What do you think? Will this setup work?

Dreamcast (Color Modified) AV-Out ------> VCR, AV-IN ------> VCR, RF-OUT ---------> TV, RF-IN

muchspl2
11-19-2003, 09:44 PM
I stop reading when I came across your first problem, might edit later

in order to run any signal through your VCR inputs, you need to have the VCR on (of coarse) and you need to have it switched to VCR mode, typically its a tv/VCR button, you also need to change it to the correct channel, as the input is a channel, sometimes the remote has a input button, but if not just turn to channel 3 and scroll down, 3,2,1, input front, input rear is how most VCR show it, you may not have a front, but if it did you get the idea

Vamp
11-19-2003, 09:52 PM
When I play games normally, I just have the RF Cable from the Console going into the RF-IN of the TV