PDA

View Full Version : Your View On Belgium

KeyserH
11-24-2003, 12:01 PM
Hello all,

Sometimes I hear strange things about Belgium, my homecountry.

So i wanted to know what you think about Belgium.

Do you know it? Do you know where to find it on a globe?
Are we too small to consider important?
Do we have a pedofil in every street?
Do you know Belgian movies, music, drinks, food?
Was the way Belgium acted in the Irac-discussion good? Do you know how they actually acted?

I guess we could do this for every country in the world, and it would show we have a lot of wrong ideas about the 'unknown'. But maybe i'm wrong and are most people very openminded and comprehensive.

bigboab
11-24-2003, 12:07 PM
I have been to Belgium a few times on holiday. I found the people very friendly and courteous. They know how to enjoy life and that is what it is all about. As far as their politics are concerned, that is for the Belgian people to decide. I will gladly go back there any day on holiday. I have been on holiday to both Ostende and Brussels. Great chocolates.

P.S. Send the tickets. :lol:

Barbarossa
11-24-2003, 12:09 PM
I like Belgian beers, but I thought driving on the roads was scary as the Belgian drivers are insane.

I'm sorry I don't know very much else about Belgium, except that the French tell jokes about them in the same was as the English tell jokes about the Irish...

:blink:

james_bond_rulez
11-24-2003, 12:11 PM
omg belgium is heaven man

dude i was eating chocolates with this hot girl on the beach and we made out like dogs. Later i went to her parents' house had wonder dinner and then stayed over and had the most incredible sex ever!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Belgium rox!!! :lol:

KeyserH
11-24-2003, 12:12 PM
thanks, i guess that you have friendly people in all countries ...
and concerning the political opinion, i really would like to know the opinions on iraq, terrorism and belgium.

ps: if people tell where theyre from, it gives a better idea. If you're from england you will know more about belgium than an australian.

MediaSlayer
11-24-2003, 12:38 PM
i'm from america, nice to meet you KeyserH. This thread (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=79136) pretty much sums up what I think of the government. As for the people, aside from their political views, which I don't agree with at all, I didn't notice anything special. Strange language, though.

Rat Faced
11-24-2003, 05:39 PM
Belgian Waffles and Jupiler Beer are to die for.....

and so is Skweeky ;)

The people ive met from there are very friendly, and its one of the most laid back places on Earth. If the Belgian people get their hackles up enough to be assertive about something, then that topic should be looked at.....it must be serious.

How many countries can claim they won independence due to boistrous students coming out of an Opera? They are so laid back about stuff usually, that the Dutch thought the shit had hit the fan ;)

Mivaro
11-24-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@24 November 2003 - 18:39
How many countries can claim they won independence due to boistrous students coming out of an Opera? They are so laid back about stuff usually, that the Dutch thought the shit had hit the fan ;)
Hey!! :angry:
They used pots and pans to fight, what can you do against those weapons of mass coo...ehh destruction... :(

:lol: :lol:

3RA1N1AC
11-25-2003, 12:22 PM
hmm... what do i (an American) know about Belgium...

it's a small, French/Dutch-speaking country. prolly their most well-known cultural exports are Magritte, Tintin, the Smurfs, and Jean-Claude Van Damme. Continental Europeans seem to make a lot of jokes about Belgium that i don't really understand (i guess because i'm not European).

i don't know anything about Belgian politics.

thewizeard
11-25-2003, 01:31 PM
Nothing wrong with Belgium....it's the Belgium people, that's the problem!!! ;)

No seriously, great country, great people, great beer!

Love Skweeky and miss Bender....

Er komt een Belgische bouwvakker tijdelijk te werken op de bouw in Nederland. Als ze 's middags gaan schaften pakken de Nederlandse bouwvakkers hun broodtrommel en hun thermosfles. Dan zegt de Belg: "Wat hebben jullie daar dan voor ding??"
"Tja", zeggen de Nederlanders, "dat is nu een thermosfles." "Wat kun je daar mee doen dan?" "Daar kun je warm in houden wat warm moet blijven en koud in houden wat koud moet blijven." Dus die Belg ook zo'n thermosfles gekocht.
Komt de Belg een paar weken later weer in Belgie op de bouw en daar zien zijn collega's die thermosfles. Vragen ze: "Wat heb jij daar dan?" "Dat is nu een thermosfles, daar kun je in warm houden wat warm moet blijven en koud houden wat koud moet blijven."
Zeggen zijn collega's: "Wat heb je er in dan?"
Zegt die belg: "Koffie en een ijsje."

MagicNakor
11-25-2003, 02:11 PM
I would hazard a guess that the world in general doesn't often think about Belgium. It's not particularly one of the "big players" on the international stage.

:ninja:

Yogi
11-25-2003, 02:31 PM
Know how a belgian catches a fly????

Yogi

Yogi
11-25-2003, 02:33 PM
He 'll chase it to the attic and takes the stairs away........

Yogi-WhoLovesBegium!!

hooked
11-25-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@24 November 2003 - 12:11
omg belgium is heaven man

dude i was eating chocolates with this hot girl on the beach and we made out like dogs. Later i went to her parents' house had wonder dinner and then stayed over and had the most incredible sex ever!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Belgium rox!!! :lol:
and then you woke up :P

hooked
11-25-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@24 November 2003 - 12:07
I have been to Belgium a few times on holiday. I found the people very friendly and courteous. They know how to enjoy life and that is what it is all about. As far as their politics are concerned, that is for the Belgian people to decide. I will gladly go back there any day on holiday. I have been on holiday to both Ostende and Brussels. Great chocolates.

P.S. Send the tickets. :lol:
truedat

but the roads are shit

fugley
11-25-2003, 10:58 PM
My favorite drink in the whole world is Stella Artois - and I was born in Belgium (my dad was an English Soldier) and I was born in Lear Antwerp.

:blink:

Billy_Dean
11-26-2003, 07:04 AM
I've always found Belgium to be a great place to drive through, you can can enter from France and drive straight through to Holland without having to leave the motorway.

:)

Keikan
11-26-2003, 07:10 AM
Its a country in Europe that i don't really know anything about.

Skweeky
11-30-2003, 05:17 PM
fugley, shouldn't that be 'Lier'? I live about 15 km from there...And I never heard about a place called 'Lear'. So do you speak any Flemish or French?

J'Pol
11-30-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@26 November 2003 - 08:04
I've always found Belgium to be a great place to drive through, you can can enter from France and drive straight through to Holland without having to leave the motorway.

:)
The thing you like about Belgium is that you can drive straight through without stopping. :blink:

That's a bit harsh. :(

Skweeky
11-30-2003, 05:29 PM
Yeah!!! :angry:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We actually do have some nice places, like Dinant, Coo,...

But I think it&#39;s always too busy here, wherever you go, you&#39;ll always hear a car or a train (or kids screaming <_< )

We have 11 different governments...imagine <_<

mrcall1969
11-30-2003, 06:34 PM
I like Belgium, especially Dinant, I like the laid back feel the Belgians have, although I do think of what I&#39;ve seen of the major towns is that they&#39;re very industrial and smokey (Charleroi especially).

The amount of bars and cafe&#39;s they have is incredible, and I just love getting served Jupiler at my table :P

Just one small complaint though, their chips aren&#39;t as good as ours in Scotland :lol: :lol:

Happy now Mrs Spellchecker??

Skweeky
11-30-2003, 06:40 PM
Stop complaining about our chips&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :angry:

And it&#39;s Charleroi :P

Rat Faced
11-30-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by mrcall1969@30 November 2003 - 18:34
I like Belgium, especially Dinant, I like the laid back feel the Belgians have, although I do think of what I&#39;ve seen of the major towns is that they&#39;re very industrial and smokey (Charleroi especially).

The amount of bars and cafe&#39;s they have is incredible, and I just love getting served Jupiler at my table :P

Just one small complaint though, their chips aren&#39;t as good as ours in Scotland :lol: :lol:

Happy now Mrs Spellchecker??

Agreed.

Jupiler is nice, their chips need work.

Those women...nag nag nag

/me runs from Skweeky

Skweeky
11-30-2003, 08:29 PM
Bastards <_<

Remember RF, I still have that pic of you smoking that bong :P

And Marc....I&#39;m sure people will be interested in the pics I have from you :P
(and you&#39;re just as a bad as me if it concerns spelling&#33;)

mrcall1969
11-30-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Skweeky@30 November 2003 - 21:29
Bastards <_<

Remember RF, I still have that pic of you smoking that bong :P

And Marc....I&#39;m sure people will be interested in the pics I have from you :P
(and you&#39;re just as a bad as me if it concerns spelling&#33;)
Pics??? I told you to burn those ones with the Belgian national cheerleading champions&#33;&#33; :angry:

:lol: :lol:

Rat Faced
11-30-2003, 08:36 PM
Whats a Bong? :blink:

:P

Skweeky
11-30-2003, 08:37 PM
I&#39;m actually talking about the ones I took in Ivisit... :P :D

And Paul, it was that plastic bottle with the joint in it you wouldn&#39;t let go off on my b-day party, while my mum was waiting until it was her turn :lol:

Rat Faced
11-30-2003, 08:42 PM
:o :o :o

May God have mercy on your Soul...

As if...

Skweeky
11-30-2003, 08:44 PM
Want me to post it to proove it? :D

mrcall1969
11-30-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Skweeky@30 November 2003 - 21:37
I&#39;m actually talking about the ones I took in Ivisit... :P :D

And Paul, it was that plastic bottle with the joint in it you wouldn&#39;t let go off on my b-day party, while my mum was waiting until it was her turn :lol:
Ohhhhh those ones, and I dont have any of you to show...oh no :P :P :P

psssssssssssssssssst RF.... I&#39;ve seen the pics, do as she says and no one will get hurt :lol:

Skweeky
11-30-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by mrcall1969@30 November 2003 - 21:56
[Ohhhhh those ones, and I dont have any of you to show...oh no :P :P :P

Talking about a view on Belgium.... :lol:

KeyserH
12-02-2003, 08:27 PM
Talking about a view on Belgium....

yeah ... <_<

Wizard_Mon1
12-09-2003, 02:48 PM
omg belguim is heaven

well that snot quite how i would describe it. the whole counrty is flat (boring)

the have bird whiting contests every sunday WTF&#33;
also people have bets on which part of a field a cow will shit :shit:
but apart from that weirdness

gent is a beutiful town and the gent fest. is pretty cool to
the beer is swweeeet and despite what Rat faced says i think belgian frites are damn tasty, especially with loads of mayo.

belgian people seem alright
what i mean is there just as weird as the dutch which borders on acceptable :beerchug: :x

KeyserH
12-09-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1@9 December 2003 - 14:48

omg belguim is heaven

hey, you wouldnt think of such an hilarious game&#33;&#33;

never did it, but its great. especially when it takes a day before the cow starts shitting.

:D :lol:

Rat Faced
12-09-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1@9 December 2003 - 14:48

omg belguim is heaven

well that snot quite how i would describe it. the whole counrty is flat (boring)

the have bird whiting contests every sunday WTF&#33;
but apart from that weirdness

gent is a beutiful town and the gent fest. is pretty cool to
the beer is swweeeet and despite what Rat faced says i think belgian frites are damn tasty, especially with loads of mayo.

belgian people seem alright
what i mean is there just as weird as the dutch which borders on acceptable :beerchug: :x
They&#39;re bloody chips...

And the ones in my local chippy are far superior.. :P

I have to agree that the mayo over there is delicious, whereas the crap they sell here makes me want to puke ;)

spanishpete
12-09-2003, 10:09 PM
they have cheap fags not gays for the yanks

thewizeard
12-09-2003, 10:36 PM
:o My view on Belgium, has definitely got worse since Brugge beat Ajax, this evening&#33; Well done Brugge&#33; :rolleyes:

KeyserH
12-10-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by nigel123@9 December 2003 - 22:36
:o My view on Belgium, has definitely got worse since Brugge beat Ajax, this evening&#33; Well done Brugge&#33; :rolleyes:
But why did those Milan loosers loose&#33;&#33;

Now, Brugge cant go on with the Champions League.

Well, what the ..

UEFA-cup, here we come&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;