PDA

View Full Version : Avatars And Signatures

silent VI
11-25-2003, 07:38 AM
ive noticed a lot of peeps sigs and avas are way over limet :) :) :) :) :lol: are we finaly allowed larger sigs and avas?

I.am
11-25-2003, 07:41 AM
No. You can inform them nicely about the same or inform a mod about that ;)

silent VI
11-25-2003, 07:54 AM
:(

[B][O][T]
11-25-2003, 07:59 AM
Up to 100KB is accepted.

BOT

I.am
11-25-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by [B][O][T]@25 November 2003 - 02:59
Up to 100KB is accepted.

BOT
I think he means dimensions.
So is everything allowed if its under 100 KB in a sig, or as my understanding was the allowed dimensions of the sig was
max 495x150 Pixels

silent VI
11-25-2003, 08:18 AM
i ment mostly size in kbs or sig height

I.am
11-25-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@25 November 2003 - 03:18
i ment mostly size in kbs or sig height
:lol: so you meant both, size as well as dimensions :lol:

silent VI
11-25-2003, 08:28 AM
yeah but more spacificly sig height anf total size in kbs

Adster
11-25-2003, 01:38 PM
maybe the mods have been slacking off :P

UKMan
11-25-2003, 01:46 PM
Signatures will be restricted in size and content. Signatures may not excede a 495x150 pixel area, this includes all images and text used. The total file size for all images contained in a signature may not excede 100,000 bytes. Signatures that do not comply may be removed or edited by a moderator or administator.

Illuminati
11-25-2003, 01:47 PM
Well if the mods want (and/or they don't stop me ;)), I'm currently making another of my infamous 'cards' for use when someone's sig/avatar breaks the rules.

Maybe the message will get through when their sigs are replaced by the mod's sig card :D

I.am
11-25-2003, 02:01 PM
@Illuminati

Signatures will be restricted in size and content. Signatures may not excede a 495x150 pixel area, this includes all images and text used. The total file size for all images contained in a signature may not excede 100,000 bytes. Signatures that do not comply may be removed or edited by a moderator or administator. :P :D

DarthInsinuate
11-25-2003, 05:38 PM
how do you work out the height of text, anyway?

Tasty
11-25-2003, 05:58 PM
http://server3.uploadit.org/files/191103-foodworld.jpg

I would like to rally for a place to talk about me as well :lol: :lol: :lol:

i apologize for the shameless spam :)

UKMan
11-25-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@25 November 2003 - 18:38
how do you work out the height of text, anyway?
If you make your sig in for instance PhotoShop and then use the guide when adding it, you can check the length of text at the same time. As regards the height of the text, just compare it with the image and use a bit of common sense. The rules are NOT enforced that much here, but some consideration must be taken for the sake of the server. If in doubt, ask a Mod or an Admin.

Peace
UKMan

Illuminati
11-25-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by I.am@25 November 2003 - 15:01
@Illuminati

Signatures will be restricted in size and content. Signatures may not excede a 495x150 pixel area, this includes all images and text used. The total file size for all images contained in a signature may not excede 100,000 bytes. Signatures that do not comply may be removed or edited by a moderator or administator. :P :D

True dat i.am, I'll admit it. Truth be told the sig's kinda old anyway. However, the next one will likely feature my upcoming portfolio site (constructing it now :D) so it'll be changed in the near future anyway :)

*REST OF POST PULLED OFF TO STOP ANY MORE CONFLICT IN THE THREAD*

Virtualbody1234
11-25-2003, 09:57 PM
I checked that little search button and I don't seem to see the same thing:

Here is a screen shot:

http://server4.uploadit.org/files/251103-search.gif

It's only 576 bytes.

I.am
11-25-2003, 10:47 PM
@Illuminati, weird why it showed on yours like that. I am using the image already in the board images directory. Can you expect them to have an image of .56 mb which is loaded on every page.

I am surprised at that window though. Using Firebird myself this is what it shows, (just to confirm here) ofcouse i knew it before. Funny thing everything else is same seems like K and M got swapped :D Do I expect some photoshop skills here :rolleyes: (i hope not)

http://server4.uploadit.org/files/251103-iamreal.gif

In any case, i was just pointing out something funny only to you ;) No pointing of fingers at each other. :rolleyes:

Wizzandabe
11-26-2003, 12:04 AM
It's only 576 bytes.

Humm, its the same ;)

Illuminati
11-26-2003, 11:51 AM
ROFL

I'd have thought that the three smilies right below that picture would have shown that the picture was satirical :lol:

Yep, it was an edited screenshot ;)

Do I expect some photoshop skills here :rolleyes: (i hope not)

Oh please - No photoshop skills have been used in that shot. I can&#39;t even use Photoshop that well <_<

Fireworks ;)

Virtualbody1234
11-26-2003, 12:59 PM
True dat i.am, I&#39;ll admit it. Truth be told the sig&#39;s kinda old anyway. However, the next one will likely feature my upcoming portfolio site (constructing it now ) so it&#39;ll be changed in the near future anyway

Yep, it was an edited screenshot&nbsp; ;)
Playing games and pointing at another user to take the focus off the fact that you are breaking the rules just isn&#39;t funny.

Rappy
11-26-2003, 01:21 PM
:&#39;( but thats what im all about

Illuminati
11-26-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@26 November 2003 - 13:59

True dat i.am, I&#39;ll admit it. Truth be told the sig&#39;s kinda old anyway. However, the next one will likely feature my upcoming portfolio site (constructing it now ) so it&#39;ll be changed in the near future anyway

Yep, it was an edited screenshot&nbsp; ;)
Playing games and pointing at another user to take the focus off the fact that you are breaking the rules just isn&#39;t funny.
I admitted that I&#39;ve been breaking the rule, abeit it wasn&#39;t really intentional (Before one of my shows, I was asked to post a link to listen to the Lounge and I hastily posted it there). The screenshot was posted to lighten the mood, but it was ill-conceived on my part. :(

The screenshot should be pulled off now and I&#39;ll have edited the sig to sort out my own infringement. :)

Though accusing me for "trying to take the heat off me" is a bit much, isn&#39;t it? <_< I&#39;d have thought that I&#39;d have already have been known for taking my own "heat" and admitting my mistakes whenever I was wrong <_<

Virtualbody1234
11-26-2003, 04:19 PM
Though accusing me for "trying to take the heat off me" is a bit much, isn&#39;t it?
Sorry if that was seen as too much. I was only saying it as I see it.

This thread is about verifiying if the sig rules have changed. Even the first sentence shows this.

ive noticed a lot of peeps sigs and avas are way over limet
How is it fair to us (the members who follow the rules) when some are allowed over the limits set.
Don&#39;t we all have the same rules?

maybe the mods have been slacking off maybe.

PS. Thanks for fixing your sig, Illuminati. I hope there are no hard feelings.

Illuminati
11-26-2003, 05:01 PM
Though accusing me for "trying to take the heat off me" is a bit much, isn&#39;t it?
Sorry if that was seen as too much. I was only saying it as I see it.

NP - I&#39;d have probably said the same thing if I were in your position :)

It was just the accusation that pissed me off - It sounded more like it was underhanded (hopefully not me :() instead of dodgy (which is me ;) :shifty:).

Being dodgy and being underhanded are two seperate things, even for a scouser :lol:

PS. Thanks for fixing your sig, Illuminati. I hope there are no hard feelings.

NP Virtual - The image and the text concerning the radio show are currently obsolete, as I took a few weeks off before the radio station changed hands. I have no idea what 7th is planning to do with the station, so it seemed obsolete.

You invoked me to do some spring-cleaning concerning the sig - It was alright :D

This thread is about verifiying if the sig rules have changed. Even the first sentence shows this.

ive noticed a lot of peeps sigs and avas are way over limet
How is it fair to us (the members who follow the rules) when some are allowed over the limits set.
Don&#39;t we all have the same rules?

Yep - We all do. And we all should follow them.

However, I think a while back one of the mods were saying that being just out wasn&#39;t that bad (e.g. if a line of text exceeded the sig) but having a sig the size of a full screenshot was having it on a bit. Maybe it was voices and artificial memories in my head though :blink:

maybe the mods have been slacking off maybe.

Dunno about this - Only mod&#39;s words can really respond to this :blink:

However, the card I was on about doing earlier in this topic is almost done and naturally follows the sig rules set ;) It&#39;d only be released as a &#39;if you want to use it&#39; thing for the mods - Remember that while the ID-Hijack card hasn&#39;t been seen in a while, I think 9 out of the 10 last topics concerning "How are mods selected?" and similar haven&#39;t passed without the ID-Moderator card posted by someone other than myself :lol:

An idea might be though that the mods are being conservative on the whole issue - AFAIK, the last mod who went edging near Gestapo concerning responding to rule infringments had his ass kicked out :angry: :(

Virtualbody1234
11-26-2003, 05:23 PM
I think a while back one of the mods were saying that being just out wasn&#39;t that bad (e.g. if a line of text exceeded the sig)
That&#39;s true, that was said at one point but at a later point the admin/mod team came in and made a statement that "the rules would be the rules, no exceptions"

The problem I see with the "just a bit" over is that it&#39;s not fair to the members who work at keeping theirs under. Don&#39;t we all have the same rules?

maybe the mods have been slacking offmaybe.
I see it more a responsibility for each member, not the fault of the mods (except if they themselves break the avatar/sig rules <_< ).

NikkiD
11-26-2003, 05:52 PM
We remove/edit signatures or PM members about signature size as we come across it. I have to admit, I rarely check filesize unless an image is slow to load, I only check for pixel size, and if I notice it, I PM the member about it. If anyone ever has a problem with someone&#39;s signature, it&#39;s as simple as PM&#39;ing a mod and we&#39;ll take care of it, I&#39;m usually more inclined to be reading the contents of the posts and not the signatures. Just give us a head&#39;s up if you spot anything and we&#39;ll be glad to take care of it. :)

I.am
11-26-2003, 06:09 PM
:) Glad thats resolved without any hard feelings.

UKMan
11-26-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD@26 November 2003 - 18:52
We remove/edit signatures or PM members about signature size as we come across it. I have to admit, I rarely check filesize unless an image is slow to load, I only check for pixel size, and if I notice it, I PM the member about it. If anyone ever has a problem with someone&#39;s signature, it&#39;s as simple as PM&#39;ing a mod and we&#39;ll take care of it, I&#39;m usually more inclined to be reading the contents of the posts and not the signatures. Just give us a head&#39;s up if you spot anything and we&#39;ll be glad to take care of it. :)
Then i suggest you check out mine please NIkkiD - i have a very suspicious feeling that even if my pix are ok, i may be using up too much space with the text :unsure: