PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Skin?

iMartin
11-25-2003, 11:44 PM
Is there going to be a Christmas skin for the board? I think there should be one, what do you guys think?

Wizzandabe
11-26-2003, 12:01 AM
Im for it, cant see why not, :D

3rd gen noob
11-26-2003, 12:02 AM
yeah, i quite liked the halloween one (after getting used to it) :)

iMartin
11-26-2003, 12:04 AM
There ya go Admins, I think an X-Mas skin would bring some color to the board. :D

AcousticBoarder
11-26-2003, 12:08 AM
I'd love to see it too! :D
That last hallween skin was great (and very yellow), but a nice change and shows what a fun bunch we all are (dont disagree with me on this one, lol).

iMartin
11-26-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by TRiley@25 November 2003 - 18:08
a fun bunch we all are
Jolly good, want to go make some brownies and watch some cable television? :lol: (I don't know were this came from) *bump*

AcousticBoarder
11-26-2003, 12:14 AM
Would be great mate, but im sure you just said you were poor in another thread ..... lol. You bake the brownies and make your way over to mine then :P

Umm yeah, Lets have a christmas skin! :D

I.am
11-26-2003, 12:17 AM
Ask a mod to create a poll for it. ;)

I am totally up for a new skin for Christmas!

Gre1
11-26-2003, 12:22 AM
I bet it will be better than the halloween one.

namzuf9
11-26-2003, 12:23 AM
I'm still using the Halloween skin so a change would be nice!

7thElement
11-26-2003, 12:27 AM
Personally I don't like skin changes because they are buggy most times plus you need your time to remember all icons like new post / new poll / new reply / hot topic etc.

I like the way google handles it - they do some few changes like a changed logo but if people really want a whole skin then I will lookout for one.

In total there will be 5 skins

- Basic Skin (IB Basic)
- Eastern Skin
- Christmas Skin
- Halloween Skin
- 1 additional KL skin

All other requets are auto declined because there are so many events worldwide that we would need 100's of skins to have one for each event.

AcousticBoarder
11-26-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Gre1@26 November 2003 - 00:22
I bet it will be better than the halloween one.
lol .. what you trying to say? :P
and lmao namzuf! ... still feeling the spirit eh?

Id like a mod from this, simply to prove how much we'd all want it. :D

iMartin
11-26-2003, 12:29 AM
:D So there's gonna be a Christmas skin? :D *Jumps for joy*

I.am
11-26-2003, 12:33 AM
7th Element,
I really like that you come out and interact with the board members and are very optimistic for changes.

You are right about the number of skins. Even though we all urged for a halloween skin this year but that is all really not needed at all.(Considering the reason not to have a new skin for each festival for people of different cultural background)

Instead of the Halloween skin you can consider having just a sort of common festive skin for people who want a different look on occasions. This way the skins dont have to be set default. They are all available and members who are interested can change it from "My Controls".

Just a thought. :)

internet.news
11-26-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by I.am@26 November 2003 - 01:33
7th Element,
I really like that you come out and interact with the board members and are very optimistic for changes.

You are right about the number of skins. Even though we all urged for a halloween skin this year but that is all really not needed at all.(Considering the reason not to have a new skin for each festival for people of different cultural background)

Instead of the Halloween skin you can consider having just a sort of common festive skin for people who want a different look on occasions. This way the skins dont have to be set default. They are all available and members who are interested can change it from "My Controls".

Just a thought. :)
7th Element, yep that is nice, although I cannot expect of ppl sharing their thoughts openly cause their just humans, I am glad to see you sharing ;)

yes, christmas would be interesting, for how long, two weeks?

and where did you get the skins? because I also have this forum on my server and would have some skins ;)

Illuminati
11-26-2003, 09:12 AM
The problem is that with the recent release and forum upgrade of IPB v1.3, there are no v1.3 skins around bar the Invision default you see now.

v1.2 skins are compatible, but the backwards-compatibility isn't 100% safe - Not every bug is taken out of the admin's Skin Upgrader.

So if you want a Christmas skin, you better start working on it ;) :lol:

Illuminati
11-26-2003, 09:30 AM
...You lucky bar stewards ;)

Winter/Christmas Theme (v1.3) (http://skins.ibplanet.com/index.php?act=cat&id=26)

Not exactly the most festive-looking IMO, but it's a start :D

EDIT: I tried it on my own "testing" board - Looks decent, though IMO it could be better ;)

The skin in action is viewable at IDForums (http://illdev.ashst.com/board). No, AFAIK you don't need to register ;) Just have a look at the skin and be off with you ruffians :lol: ;)

7thElement
11-26-2003, 09:47 AM
ALready downloaded that one yesterday but it sucks badly

Illuminati
11-26-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by 7thElement@26 November 2003 - 10:47
ALready downloaded that one yesterday but it sucks badly
True :(

Adster
11-26-2003, 11:55 AM
Ho anout an Australia Day skin come January

UKMan
11-26-2003, 12:39 PM
Whatever you guys decide, personally i'm just gonna hang some tinsel and silver balls around my screen :lol: