PDA

View Full Version : Homework

Raped Ape
12-01-2003, 01:31 AM
lol help! i need some info on lsd and i got like 3 other projects!

Cheese
12-01-2003, 01:32 AM
Google?

Skweeky
12-01-2003, 01:33 AM
What do you need to know?

It's a drug developed by the CIA, they wanted to give to soldiers who went to Vietnam. It causes sever halucinations, and years after sometimes you go back to the trip

And use Google :D

Spider_dude
12-01-2003, 01:35 AM
also:

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/cupsaregay.JPG

Raped Ape
12-01-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Skweeky@1 December 2003 - 01:33

It's a drug developed by the CIA, they wanted to give to soldiers who went to Vietnam. It causes sever halucinations, and years after sometimes you go back to the trip

wow nice...

yea cups are gay

i know google...but i got other stuff to work on lol so if someone has time to help me haha

i need: name of toxin (got it)
how it affects the body and cells
wat are side effects involved
how do you get rid of this toxin...

so well if anyone got time thanks if not its ok

Cheese
12-01-2003, 01:49 AM
Ask Frank:

http://www.talktofrank.com/azofdrugs/L/LSD.aspx

http://www.talktofrank.com/img/nav/frank.gif

Raped Ape
12-01-2003, 01:51 AM
rofl

The experience is known as a trip and these trips can be good or bad. A good trip can be a lot of fun. A bad trip is your worst nightmare come to life.

Raped Ape
12-01-2003, 01:56 AM
err it the paper asks for

how it affects the body and the cells and it also says wat are side effects

arent side effects same as affects to body?

MediaSlayer
12-01-2003, 02:03 AM
you need to find this drug listed in the Physicians desk reference. unfortunately i googled around and couldn't find it like that. almost every library i have ever been to (here in the usa) has this book. it has countless entries of known medicines, a short chemical writeup on them, how they affect the body. it was written for doctors, by i can decipher the language if you can find the full article on the internet for lsd.

how it affects the body and cells- in short, it crosses the blood brain barrier, and binds to serotonin receptors, interfering with that receptor's natural function, among other things.

edit: while posting i noticed your question about the side effects

from my own experience with acid, i can tell you it causes an overactivation of the sympathetic nervous system. this manifests as: increased heartbeat, dilated pupils, increased body temperature, dryness of the mouth, ect....... in addition to the mental confusion, the hallucinations, the slurred speech, the drunkeness

the mental effects are often misunderstood, in that reality testing is usually intact while a person is under the effects of lsd. this means that they realize that the things they are experiencing are a hallucination, caused by the drug.

Cheese
12-01-2003, 02:04 AM
Well there are some psychological effects, you can have an episode on LSD which can effect your mental health...not too good. I see it at work all the time :(

edit: well not ALL the time but enough to know that LSD can be a dangerous drug if used inappropriatly.

Raped Ape
12-01-2003, 02:06 AM
damn this stuff is scary :ph34r:

i got this so far

Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD)
November 30, 2003

LSD short for Lysergic Acid Diethylamide is a potent hallucinogenic drug. The drug evokes changes in mood and thought and alters the perception of time and space. It can create a feeling of lack of self-control and terror. Side effects of LSD are drowsiness, dizziness, dilated pupils, numbness and tingling, weakness, tremors, and nausea. Color, sound and objects can get distorted.

LSD may cause chromosomal damage to white blood cells. It affects the body and cells by crossing the blood brain barrier, and binding to the serotonin receptors, interfering with that receptors natural function.

hmm is it possible to get rid of this from ur body? cuz im sure you cant....

Cheese
12-01-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Raped Ape@1 December 2003 - 03:06
All drugs should be treated with respect if you decide that you are going to do them (I'm suggesting you ARE going to do them). A lot of people get into trouble with drugs because they are ignorant of what they can actually do to you.

I'm not against drugs btw I just advocate the safe use of them if you decide to do them: Risk reduction.

Raped Ape
12-01-2003, 02:15 AM
ok

"LSD short for Lysergic Acid Diethylamide is a potent hallucinogenic drug. The drug evokes changes in mood and thought and alters the perception of time and space. It can create a feeling of lack of self-control and terror. Side effects of LSD are drowsiness, dizziness, dilated pupils, numbness and tingling, weakness, tremors, and nausea. Color, sound and objects can get distorted.
LSD may cause chromosomal damage to white blood cells. It affects the body and cells by crossing the blood brain barrier, and binding to the serotonin receptors, interfering with that receptors natural function."

i got that so far...almost done just need to know how to get rid of this toxin...if its possible

MediaSlayer
12-01-2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Raped Ape@1 December 2003 - 02:06

i got this so far

Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD)
November 30, 2003

LSD short for Lysergic Acid Diethylamide is a potent hallucinogenic drug. The drug evokes changes in mood and thought and alters the perception of time and space. It can create a feeling of lack of self-control and terror. Side effects of LSD are drowsiness, dizziness, dilated pupils, numbness and tingling, weakness, tremors, and nausea. Color, sound and objects can get distorted.

LSD may cause chromosomal damage to white blood cells.

hmm is it possible to get rid of this from ur body? cuz im sure you cant....
i would like to add, there are different "parts" of a trip, so it's hard to sum up everything in just one line. let me attempt to explain what you might feel after taking a hit of acid. right after you take it, you will feel nothing. it takes a little while for a noticiable effects to happen, how long depends on the amount you took. when you first notice some effects, you might notice a change in the way you think, and some time-space disorientation. you might notice some phsical effects like deeper breathing and a funny feeling in the stomach or nausea. after that you might notice some changes in the way you recognize people(i.e. faces or voices for instance). then you might notice an intensifying of colors, so that they seem more vivid. and so on, and so forth.

it's not as simple as a one-liner. lsd is a complex drug.

Cheese
12-01-2003, 02:22 AM
@Raped Ape: What do you mean by get rid of the toxin?

Do you mean how would you bring someone down from a trip?

Raped Ape
12-01-2003, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese@1 December 2003 - 02:22
@Raped Ape: What do you mean by get rid of the toxin?

Do you mean how would you bring someone down from a trip?
iono cuz the stupid bioteacher just said how do you get rid of this toxin...i think it means like from your body

btw what i have so far is that enough cuz this isnt a research paper is a article....

Cheese
12-01-2003, 02:29 AM
Well my drugs training was a while ago but I think I'm right in thinking that the toxins would excrete from your body naturally (through urine and sweat) after your "trip".

The "flashbacks" that SOME people experience are more than likely due to psychological causes.

Raped Ape
12-01-2003, 02:32 AM
alright guys thanks you a millin times

Cheese
12-01-2003, 02:34 AM
Well I hope that helps and good luck with your project ;)

Raped Ape
12-01-2003, 02:38 AM
it helped a lot thanks for your time :)

balamm
12-01-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Skweeky@30 November 2003 - 18:33

I was pretty sure it was produced by a type of mold which sometimes infects whole graineries, responsible in the past for mass suicides after local bakeries used contaminated grain flour in bread making.
For centuries, whole towns have appeared to go "mad". People unexplainedly start to jump off roofs or exhibit sudden paranoia.
This still happens occasionally in some places.

Yes, the CIA experimented with it and produced it synthetically beginning in the late 50's, but let's not overcredit them or let this become another "evil american" excuse.

MediaSlayer
12-01-2003, 02:55 AM
ergot

balamm
12-01-2003, 03:00 AM
Yes, that's the one. Ergot mold.

I think it's actually rye flour that's the most common source of this mold.

Cheese
12-01-2003, 03:04 AM
I thought LSD was invented by some Swiss guy.

Derived from Ergot:

http://www.virtualmuseum.ca/Exhibitions/Mu...Lives/foes.html (http://www.virtualmuseum.ca/Exhibitions/Mushroom/English/Lives/foes.html)

Edit: Google - Albert Hofmann

Raped Ape
12-01-2003, 03:09 AM
it was 1st synthesized or w/e how u spell in swedend in like 1968 or somting