PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Best Place To Download Games?

silent h3ro
12-04-2003, 03:05 AM
What is the best place to download games?

ahmed123
12-04-2003, 03:13 AM
www.suprnova.org or www.novasearch.net they are the same site.

Global Media Trader
12-04-2003, 03:18 AM
The eDonkey network is the best. BitTorrent is only good for new games that are being seeded.

silent h3ro
12-04-2003, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Global Media Trader@4 December 2003 - 03:18
The eDonkey network is the best. BitTorrent is only good for new games that are being seeded.
How do I get edonkey?

ultimatejester
12-04-2003, 03:20 AM
http://www.edonkey2000.com/

Global Media Trader
12-04-2003, 03:47 AM
I prefer eMule, it runs on the same network. but with eMule you have to add a server address to connect to a server. its easy though and only have to do it once

Global Media Trader
12-04-2003, 03:52 AM
This site Sharereactor (http://sharereactor.com/category.php?id=3) hosts verified hashes for software on the eDonkey network.

If you have eDonkey/eMule/Overnet installed. just click on a link that says "Add all files from this release to eDonkey2000" and the verified hash will automatically be added to eMule or eDonkey

Monkeee
12-04-2003, 03:54 AM
just saying emule and edonkey goes very very very slow slower then bittorent... :rolleyes:

silent h3ro
12-04-2003, 04:03 AM
I know this is off topic but is there any local store where u can rent computer games?

Global Media Trader
12-04-2003, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Monkeee@4 December 2003 - 03:54
just saying emule and edonkey goes very very very slow slower then bittorent... :rolleyes:
It runs faster on XP than it does on other OS. and eMule uses credit system, so that the more you upload, the faster you will download.

And the new version v0.30c is faster because it lets you turn off limits with a click. so alot of people turn off limits when they are not surfing. i do that when i leave the PC. people get 30KBs from me.

And BitTorrent is slower for me than eMule. the last time i tried BitTorrent i was getting 5kbs for 12 hours, i switched to eMule and got over 10-15 kbs.

I can get from 1-6 700MB CDs in 3-4 days

benxuk
12-04-2003, 04:04 AM
i wouldn't use any of this gnute shit, i've had aup & tos warnings¬

9/28/03 4:33:24 PM
It has come to our attention that your server located at [##.##.##.###] is
in violation of our AUP/TOS by way of the following URL(S):
ed2k://The_Italian_Job_XBOX_CSISO_lightninguk.tar

The URL(S) stated above is in violation by way of this server is hosting
eDonkey fileshare software. It is being used to transmit the movie The
Italian Job. Both the fileshare software and the files must be removed
from the server within 48 hours.

We must demand that you take prompt action in the removal of the material
in questionor we will be forced to take further action. The time is now
9/26/03 7:58:26 PM.

they thought it was a movie but n/m

Global Media Trader
12-04-2003, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by benxuk@4 December 2003 - 04:04
i wouldn't use any of this gnute shit, i've had aup & tos warnings¬

9/28/03 4:33:24 PM
It has come to our attention that your server located at [##.##.##.###] is
in violation of our AUP/TOS by way of the following URL(S):
ed2k://The_Italian_Job_XBOX_CSISO_lightninguk.tar

The URL(S) stated above is in violation by way of this server is hosting
eDonkey fileshare software. It is being used to transmit the movie The
Italian Job. Both the fileshare software and the files must be removed
from the server within 48 hours.

We must demand that you take prompt action in the removal of the material
in questionor we will be forced to take further action. The time is now
9/26/03 7:58:26 PM.

they thought it was a movie but n/m
OK, go look at your ISPs policies. you will find its against its policies to "Distribute, Post, Upload" copy written material. i Guarantee it says nothing about downloading.

Believe it or not its not against the law to download. its only against the law to Upload or Distribute copy written material.

The copy write laws , that came to the forefront when Napster was in the news, shows that only people that distribute copy written material are actually breaking the law. AND , this material must be 100% of the file, example, its not against the law to upload 15% of copy written material. its only against the law to distribute 100% of it. so when you upload a partial file on eDonkey, your not breaking the law. you only break the law if after you have the COMPLETED file, you continue to share it.

So the reason why you got busted was because you had the FULL file in your incoming folder that was available for upload. however if you had removed it after it was complete. there is nothing they can do to you because you are not sharing or "distributing" 100% of a copy written file.

benxuk
12-04-2003, 04:21 AM
well if you can find any good p2p that means you don't have to upload then let us know, :D

Rip The Jacker
12-04-2003, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by HardcoreGamer@3 December 2003 - 20:03
I know this is off topic but is there any local store where u can rent computer games?
You can't rent computer games. You can't even buy computer games, then return them, for any reason. If people could rent PC games, they would rent games, then burn them, then return them. Nobody would buy PC games anymore. :P

As for downloading PC games, I perfer mIRC.

Global Media Trader
12-04-2003, 04:37 AM
I have heard Electronics Boutique lets you return opened PC games

benxuk
12-04-2003, 04:37 AM
YES #irc is the shit.............

....more later