PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne 2 Corrupted Cd...

Cain0xr
12-05-2003, 09:26 PM
Ok, I finally got Max Payne 2 which my friend mailed me, there are 3 cds, One is the play dics, one is the install disc and the third is also a install disc but containing only one file - data3.cab

The problem is the data3.cab cd is corrupted and won't copy to my hard disk, even manual copying and trying to make an image fails......could anyone give me this particular file through FTP or kazaa or something similar?

I got a slow connection BTW, I'd appreciate it if anyone could give me this one single file...

Thanx

|Cain|

Global Media Trader
12-05-2003, 09:46 PM
Get CDMage and repair the BIN. CDMage has two ways of fixing a BIN< Repairing corrupted sectors or Rebuilding sector fields.

Im not sure what version you have, but the american version has 2 CDs not three, of course you may not live in the USA.

Get MP2 from eMule if you cant fix that CD, its only 2 CDs and they both have over 5000 sources

Cain0xr
12-05-2003, 10:44 PM
umm....yeah but I can&#39;t make an image as said before it just does&#39;nt complete &#39;cause of the corrupted CD

I have the UK version I think since my friend lives there, I would download the whole 800 MB install CD is it was&#39;nt for my slow connection that&#39;s why I am just looking for the data3.cab file if anyone has it...

Thanx,

|Cain|

Global Media Trader
12-06-2003, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Cain0xr@5 December 2003 - 22:44
umm....yeah but I can&#39;t make an image as said before it just does&#39;nt complete &#39;cause of the corrupted CD

I have the UK version I think since my friend lives there, I would download the whole 800 MB install CD is it was&#39;nt for my slow connection that&#39;s why I am just looking for the data3.cab file if anyone has it...

Thanx,

|Cain|
I had the same problem with my Rouge Spear CD. i could not install it because it was scratched. and i could not make a image with most of the software i had.

But Ultra ISO did make a image of it. however the BIN turned out corrupt because the CD was scratched. then i used CDMage to repair it. it works great now