PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawal Symptoms

12-07-2003, 02:20 AM
I purchased Vietcong a few months ago and since then I've been totally hooked B) . I had to delete my hard drive and reinstall Win 2k Pro over everything :angry:

When I try to reinstall Vietcong I get a message a 1/4 of the way through saying 'file not found' with a retry or canel option. Which ever option I click on it goes back to the file not found window :ph34r: and it refuses to progress. The only option is to cancel the installation :(

The disk is genuine and so is the operating system. Why the hell is it doing this?

3rd gen noob
12-07-2003, 02:22 AM
take it back to where you bought it from and ask them if you can get a refund :)

12-07-2003, 02:49 AM
LOL,

I would if I could prove I got it there :) .

I tried to register on the Veitcong forum for help but it said my email address was banned :ph34r: I wonder if that has something to do with this???

3rd gen noob
12-07-2003, 02:53 AM
rip an iso of the game disc with a program called "winISO" then analyse the iso for errors with a program called CDmage

tHe LiNk
12-07-2003, 03:25 AM
I had a similar problem (and solution) with medal of honor: allied assualt. When my disc became damaged, i started to get corruption errors in the installation, to try and repair it i burnt a copy to the hard drive. After that i had a go with cdmage, but the damn thing wouldnt repair all the sectors, and rebuilding the sectors just made errors show within the game. Now i&#39;m forced to download it over 56k, that&#39;ll teach me for not looking after discs properly <_<