PDA

View Full Version : About Kl And The Website

VB
12-07-2003, 01:21 PM
A chatbuddy of mine ran/runs the 'main' website. He has removed the info about KL because he doesn't want to get in trouble. Maybe I can convince him to put at least a little bit of info about it on the website. But I respect his decision anyway. He said he will now use the website to promote other programs because he thinks those are better (which I totally agree on). It's time to move on.

I myself have also lost interest in KL. Actually already some time ago. I haven't actively used it for a long time. But I think the same applies for many other forum members here. I am totally addicted to eMule. It's open source, clean, lots of users, lots of great files and almost no fakes. We have to face facts that FastTrack is slowly dying and that the current KL will probably never be surpassed as the best FT client. But I will continue to help people with their problems here on the forum, because it is a great community.

I have been sick the last couple of days (39 degrees fever) so you probably won't see me on the forum much and it prevented me from posting this sooner. I hope to be back on my feet within a few days.

Thanks.

(P.S. Has any of you got any grandma tips for a sore throat? It hurts like hell.)

nanotek
12-07-2003, 01:26 PM
2 things : try hot milk with honey / or get a big onion ,put it in a glass and pour suger over it , leave for a couple of hours and then drink the liquad that comes out :)

racer II
12-07-2003, 01:27 PM
Beterschap paul ;)

asmithz
12-07-2003, 01:31 PM
:( That hella stinks. :(

Kunal
12-07-2003, 01:36 PM
thanks for the info paul, i hope you get better soon ;)

nostalgia
12-07-2003, 01:58 PM
De ouderwetse grog: Grote schep bruine suiker, scheut citroensap, scheut bruine rum en koken heet water erop. Roeren en opdrinken terwijl het heet/warm is.
Anders maar aan de peniciline.

Okay, one of the most dedicated user/developer just decleared the FastTrack almost dead (and with it k-lite). e-mule is the new wonderprog, although something has to be done about those damn queues.
How about another donkey client like MLdonkey. Looks great with a certain GUI but can't get it to work though.

asmithz
12-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Is KLForum going to stay?

BawA
12-07-2003, 02:09 PM
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Shit i cant belive it klite is dead :'( , its happning again, the napster was closed now it's time for klite remember when we all use to say klite cannot die and blah blah. even creators of klite is talking about it like that :'(

these day hardly i can see MOD's coming around i guess they left the formus but ill never stop coming here and using klite and i belive non of u guys will.

asmithz
12-07-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@7 December 2003 - 06:09
:'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(
Shit i cant belive it klite is dead :'( , its happning again,  the napster was closed now it's time for klite remember when we all use to say klite cannot die and blah blah. even creators of klite is talking about it like that  :'(

these day hardly i can see MOD's coming around i guess they left the formus but ill never stop coming here and using klite and i belive non of u guys will.
Same here i don't want to quit using the forum or k-lite.

BawA
12-07-2003, 02:21 PM
man users of this forums r the only hope for klite we should not quit like this. so wat if there isnt any link to download klite but we got inaf people whom using klite we can go on.
ill never go to emule and ill keep posting klite hashes and share them

Long live KLite To hell with Rest

asmithz
12-07-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@7 December 2003 - 06:21
man users of this forums r the only hope for klite we should not quit like this. so wat if there isnt any link to download klite but we got inaf people whom using klite we can go on.
ill never go to emule and ill keep posting klite hashes and share them

Long live KLite To hell with Rest
Hey there's hella links to kazaa lite. In my sig is a shit long of mirror, and i host them too.

Sparkle1984
12-07-2003, 02:29 PM
I think it's really sad if it stops. :cry1: :sadwalk: :strongsad:
I already use several networks, but k-lite (fasttrack) is still my favourite, If you be careful to avoid the fakes.

asmithz
12-07-2003, 02:30 PM
I hope that users don't decrease cuz of this.

BawA
12-07-2003, 02:34 PM
here were i live nobody knows another p2p except kazaa and klite so u can trust us, when ever there is any talk about p0rn or software there is klite :lol:

Wednesday
12-07-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Agent Smith@7 December 2003 - 14:30
I hope that users don't decrease cuz of this.
Is there something that us ordinary members can do to help propagate the site?

nostalgia
12-07-2003, 02:41 PM
I'm using Shareaza as well and of course sharing K-lite over there, so it will be still available even if all the links were closed.
But in the meantime I'm hoping the following: if k-lite truly dies? by God I hope KMD will die as well!!!

LTJBukem
12-07-2003, 02:45 PM
I think that the potential demise of Fasttrack is for the best; there are far better p2p networks. The only really good thing about Fastrack is its popularity, hopefully now its users will now all move to emule. Having said that, i'd actually be really interested to find out how many of the millions of users on Fast Track are actually using KMD; is there any hope for them? :(

So how did Fast Track become so popular in the first place? For me, strangely enough, i first read about Kazaa Lite in a Newspaper IT collumn. Maybe we, as a community, could somehow help promote EMule as K++/KMD/KazaaLite's successor? Emule would be absolutely brilliant if it had FT's 5 million users.

It's time to move on.

Get well soon, Paul. :)

MUSLEMAN
12-07-2003, 03:41 PM
so the fasttrack network is dying because of the riaa, we all know that, they are the reason for so many leechers and people are scared to share.

now if we all run to emule like chickens, what are we suppose to do when the riaa comes after emule??? which is exactly what is going to happen as soon as the #s for emule go up.

so we just start jumping around like chickens from one client to another and lose #s as each jump takes place????

i for one am not going to stop using and sharing on klite, i do use other softwares also but i still share on klite and use it for most of my downloads.

i&#39;m not jumping this ship, i have never ran from anything and i&#39;m not about to start now. <_<

LTJBukem
12-07-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@7 December 2003 - 15:41
so the fasttrack network is dying because of the riaa, we all know that, they are the reason for so many leechers and people are scared to share.

now if we all run to emule like chickens, what are we suppose to do when the riaa comes after emule??? which is exactly what is going to happen as soon as the #s for emule go up.

so we just start jumping around like chickens from one client to another and lose #s as each jump takes place????

i for one am not going to stop using and sharing on klite, i do use other softwares also but i still share on klite and use it for most of my downloads.

i&#39;m not jumping this ship, i have never ran from anything and i&#39;m not about to start now. <_<
It&#39;s nothing to do with the RIAA, it&#39;s Sharman threatening websites with legal action if they continue to offer KLite for download. You might want to read Paul&#39;s post:)

Formula1
12-07-2003, 04:33 PM
This sucks , well im never going to stop using kazaa lite. eMule and shareaza i really dont like to use them because its horroble slow and my downloads are always queued...

Rat Faced
12-07-2003, 04:34 PM
There are still numerous download sites for K-lite K++, including IRC and the fastrack network itself.

If/when there are further builds of K-lite K++, these will still be distributed....sharman cant stop that, no one can. All they can do is make download "Sites" more difficult to find....... the programs themselves will always be available on fastrack.

This forum is not dead....its evolving.

We have supported p2p generally for a long time, and have only concentrated on K-lite........ from here members have access to private BT trackers and emule builds, and have done for months.

So, apart from the k-lite program being unavailable on the Homepage, whats the dfference? None.

Keep sharing and never let the buggers grind you down ;)

J'Pol
12-07-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@7 December 2003 - 17:34

This forum is not dead....its evolving.

We have supported p2p generally for a long time, and have only concentrated on K-lite........ from here members have access to private BT trackers and emule builds, and have done for months.

So, apart from the k-lite program being unavailable on the Homepage, whats the dfference? None.

Keep sharing and never let the buggers grind you down ;)
Couldn&#39;t agree more old chap.

Virtualbody1234
12-07-2003, 04:49 PM
I figured that this was going to be the situation.

I just hope the board doesn&#39;t die because of a loss of new members.

We should at least put it back so that guests can view posts. We need to do what we can to keep this going.

Rat Faced
12-07-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@7 December 2003 - 14:09
:&#39;( :&#39;( :&#39;( :&#39;( :&#39;( :&#39;( :&#39;(
Shit i cant belive it klite is dead :&#39;( , its happning again, the napster was closed now it&#39;s time for klite remember when we all use to say klite cannot die and blah blah. even creators of klite is talking about it like that :&#39;(

these day hardly i can see MOD&#39;s coming around i guess they left the formus but ill never stop coming here and using klite and i belive non of u guys will.
The MODs are still around, i assure you...

The site is still around, i can assure you..

The programs future is upto the developers, as its always been. If they decide to continue developement, I&#39;ll back them 100%...there is a qlitch in the distribution of any developments I&#39;d agree.

Reading the posts over the last few days though, I would think there would be 1000&#39;s of sources of any new version, within hours of a release... ie: Instead of getting the new version within hours, it may take a day or so ;)

downloader2008
12-07-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Paul@7 December 2003 - 08:21
A chatbuddy of mine ran/runs the &#39;main&#39; website. He has removed the info about KL because he doesn&#39;t want to get in trouble. Maybe I can convince him to put at least a little bit of info about it on the website. But I respect his decision anyway. He said he will now use the website to promote other programs because he thinks those are better (which I totally agree on). It&#39;s time to move on.

I myself have also lost interest in KL. Actually already some time ago. I haven&#39;t actively used it for a long time. But I think the same applies for many other forum members here. I am totally addicted to eMule. It&#39;s open source, clean, lots of users, lots of great files and almost no fakes. We have to face facts that FastTrack is slowly dying and that the current KL will probably never be surpassed as the best FT client. But I will continue to help people with their problems here on the forum, because it is a great community.

I have been sick the last couple of days (39 degrees fever) so you probably won&#39;t see me on the forum much and it prevented me from posting this sooner. I hope to be back on my feet within a few days.

Thanks.

(P.S. Has any of you got any grandma tips for a sore throat? It hurts like hell.)
I agree.

A good grandma tip which I once used and it actually worked pretty well, is to put lots of salt in water (to the point where it is like undrinkable) and gargle it. :D

imnotanaddict
12-07-2003, 05:29 PM
I guess having/learning the knowledge of spotting fake files, using verifieds, etc.
Has helped me not to download fake movies, Its been quite a while since I&#39;ve done that. But I&#39;m downloading a lot more movies from suprnova, etc. But also in turn I&#39;m sharing these good quality files in Klite. With verifieds from this forum & verified klite hash site links its still very feasible to get real-good quality files more so now for me, than in the not too distant past. And since I installed the updated kazupernode 1.4.7, started localizing, started searching again after the download starts, all these tips, links, advice, I&#39;ve goten through this forum, plus what we all pick up on our on, I&#39;ve been getting some really good download speeds, admitedly I&#39;ve done a lot of work to get their, but their better than they&#39;ve ever been before.
I think Klite will be around as long as we want it to be around. I personally am not ready to move on for the simple fact I still like the program, I&#39;m getting a lot of good (free stuff) out of it, sometimes it gets a little hectic, but I&#39;ve lived through it.
I don&#39;t see this forum going down just because sites are I don&#39;t see the comparison there. As long as someone wants to download Klite I think the options will be here for a long time to come. Mabe just not as easily available.

DRACOJOE2
12-07-2003, 05:46 PM
Look What Comes up on Google now if ya search for Kazaa Lite ++
In response to a complaint we received under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 3 result(s) from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaint for these removed results.

Sparkle1984
12-07-2003, 05:48 PM
If I wanted to set up a free website hosting k-lite, such as on Lycos Tripod, would I have to tell them my real name and address? Risky? :huh:

sharedholder
12-07-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by DRACOJOE2@7 December 2003 - 17:46
Look What Comes up on Google now if ya search for Kazaa Lite ++
In response to a complaint we received under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 3 result(s) from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaint for these removed results.
That&#39;s old news. ;)

@Rat Faced :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

b0b
12-07-2003, 06:26 PM
I don&#39;t think Kazaa Lite is dead....I stopped visiting this forum at least 6 months ago (maybe a year), because I got bored of Kazaa Lite. When I heard Sharman was threatining everyone I decided to come back...

MUSLEMAN
12-07-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by LTJBukem+7 December 2003 - 11:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LTJBukem @ 7 December 2003 - 11:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN@7 December 2003 - 15:41

It&#39;s nothing to do with the RIAA, it&#39;s Sharman threatening websites with legal action if they continue to offer KLite for download. You might want to read Paul&#39;s post:) [/b][/quote]
you might want to understand klite and the problems we have been having lately before you post, also i have a mind of my own and i know and am smart enough to figure out what is going on, i don&#39;t need to read anybody&#39;s post.

you on the other hand might want to stop reading peoples posts, start reading between the lines and see the whole picture and what is realy going on, the problem with fasttrack network and it dying is not sharman, but riaa, scaring people from sharing, thus good files being hard to find

klite&#39;s problem is sharman, and he is an idiot for doing this right now with the riaa going after kazaa.

the reason paul says fasttrack network is dead is because of lack of good quality files being found on it these days and that has nothing to do with sharman and everything to do with the riaa

now if you need me to explain it to you further, pm me and i will, but some how i don&#39;t think you will <_<

internet.news
12-07-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by b0b@7 December 2003 - 19:26
I don&#39;t think Kazaa Lite is dead....I stopped visiting this forum at least 6 months ago (maybe a year), because I got bored of Kazaa Lite. When I heard Sharman was threatining everyone I decided to come back...
right, b0b I will also still stay at Kazaa - I will still use it&#33;

We sould not give it up as Audioagalaxy - that was the hardest los, I&#39;ve make. And I will not give up Kazaa. Otherwise the RIAA would win easily.

Although I will have be away for some weeks for helping a girl friend out, I will come back later from time to time.

internet.news
12-07-2003, 06:35 PM
Riaa cannot stop whole Kazaa like Audiogalaxy:

That is because it really works decentralized. Other services like SlSk could be take down easily.

LTJBukem
12-07-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN
you might want to understand klite and the problems we have been having lately before you post, also i have a mind of my own and i know and am smart enough to figure out what is going on, i don&#39;t need to read anybody&#39;s post.

you on the other hand might want to stop reading peoples posts, start reading between the lines and see the whole picture and what is realy going on, the problem with fasttrack network and it dying is not sharman, but riaa, scaring people from sharing, thus good files being hard to find

klite&#39;s problem is sharman, and he is an idiot for doing this right now with the riaa going after kazaa.

the reason paul says fasttrack network is dead is because of lack of good quality files being found on it these days and that has nothing to do with sharman and everything to do with the riaa

now if you need me to explain it to you further, pm me and i will, but some how i don&#39;t think you will
Yes, i know all about the screechy file situation, and about the RIAA scaring people off sharing mp3&#39;s with the threat of possible legal action. However, this thread, and many others recently just like it, are referring to the current situation with Sharman&#39;s legal threats, and have nothing to do with the RIAA.

For a long time now it has been apparent that Fast Track has many shortcomings when compared to other p2p networks. I am not telling anyone not to use KazaaLite, far from it. The point i was making is that when the masses eventually move to another network, it will be for the best. With it now becoming more difficult for people to download KazaaLite, it is probable that more and more people will look for an alternative. You obviously disagree with me, we are all entitled to our opinions, but it is my honest opinion that the only good thing about Fast Track is its popularity, and therefore the sooner we all move on, the better.

:)

Johnny_B
12-07-2003, 08:17 PM
OK let&#39;s see if I can get this straight.
Paul&#39;s chatbuddy is the one who runs the website.
Paul is dutch so I guess his chatbuddy is dutch too. :unsure:
Can the DMCA be applied in the Netherlands? :huh:
The only DMCA I know about in the Netherlands, is the Dutch Mariah Carey Association - www.dmca.nl :P

Also the webpage seems to be hosted by Host.sk which is located in Slovakia.
Can the DMCA be applied in Slovakia? :huh:

Anyway, even if it applies to those countries, Kazaa Lite complies with some of the DMCA&#39;s (http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf) exceptions:

Personal privacy (section 1201(i)). This exception permits circumvention when the technological measure, or the work it protects, is capable of collecting or disseminating personally identifying information about the online activities of a natural person.

K-Lite was the one who first implemented the Privacy patch. Only later, Sharman&#39;s Kazaa implemented this feature, following Kazaa Lite.

Security testing (section 1201(j)). This exception permits circumvention of access control measures, and the development of technological means for such circumvention, for the purpose of testing the security of a computer, computer system or computer network, with the authorization of its owner or operator.

Random nut discovered Kazaa&#39;s major security vulnerability and reported it to Sharman. Story (http://news.com.com/2100-1027_3-1010022.html?tag=lh) Details (http://www.derkeiler.com/Mailing-Lists/Full-Disclosure/2003-05/0380.html)

So how in the world is Kazaa Lite damaging Kazaa&#39;s image? It&#39;s helping Kazaa getting better, more popular and more secure.
If the morons of Sharman networks are reading this, think twice before shooting yourselves in the foot.

Paul, I hope you will put up the website again with the links and I hope the development doesn&#39;t stop, specially when random nut is back with some goodies. :)
I wouldn&#39;t worry too much about Sharman because they don&#39;t have jack sh*t on Kazaa Lite to shut it down.
Just some scare tactics like the RIAA. That&#39;s all.

Get well soon man, we need you. :beerchug:
Oh yeah, I don&#39;t know any grandma tips for a sore throat, unless she is a doctor that can write prescriptions. :P

thewizeard
12-07-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Paul@7 December 2003 - 13:21
A chatbuddy of mine ran/runs the &#39;main&#39; website. He has removed the info about KL because he doesn&#39;t want to get in trouble. Maybe I can convince him to put at least a little bit of info about it on the website. But I respect his decision anyway. He said he will now use the website to promote other programs because he thinks those are better (which I totally agree on). It&#39;s time to move on.

I myself have also lost interest in KL. Actually already some time ago. I haven&#39;t actively used it for a long time. But I think the same applies for many other forum members here. I am totally addicted to eMule. It&#39;s open source, clean, lots of users, lots of great files and almost no fakes. We have to face facts that FastTrack is slowly dying and that the current KL will probably never be surpassed as the best FT client. But I will continue to help people with their problems here on the forum, because it is a great community.

I have been sick the last couple of days (39 degrees fever) so you probably won&#39;t see me on the forum much and it prevented me from posting this sooner. I hope to be back on my feet within a few days.

Thanks.

Come on Paul, don&#39;t give up so easily&#33; Potverdorie&#33;

infamousalbo101
12-07-2003, 09:58 PM
Kazaa Will never die

if you belive what i say i wont ever die just keep using it

and emule is to fucking slow bittorent and kazaa are the only things i use and sometimes ftp links or http links

kazaa will live for ever

j4y3m
12-07-2003, 10:01 PM
It Will Be A Shame For It To Go As It&#39;s The Thing That Got Me Into Filesharing :(

TRshady
12-07-2003, 10:07 PM
I cant believe this is happening ...
what happened to all the effort put into fighting the RIAA, saying k-lite will never die, fans will not back down and we cant be stopped, now I see the admin going against this totally, a kick in the balls for the whole community.

But, I have to be honest and say I haven&#39;t used kazaa lite for months, and hope that this will result in more people using emule and actually sharing, lol .... but I&#39;d never thought I&#39;d see the day that k-lite is coming to an end.

I&#39;m not sure what will happen from here, but its a major win for the riaa and maybe the beginning of the end for p2p ...

djweiser
12-07-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Paul@7 December 2003 - 13:21

Thanks.

if kazaalite.tk no longer offers kazaa lite, then the website will soon die aswell. it offers NOTHING NOW which isnt available in other places.

j4y3m
12-07-2003, 10:10 PM
I Might Go Crazy :( :angry:

sharedholder
12-07-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Johnny_B@7 December 2003 - 20:17
OK let&#39;s see if I can get this straight.
Paul&#39;s chatbuddy is the one who runs the website.
Paul is dutch so I guess his chatbuddy is dutch too. :unsure:
Can the DMCA be applied in the Netherlands? :huh:
The only DMCA I know about in the Netherlands, is the Dutch Mariah Carey Association - www.dmca.nl :P

Also the webpage seems to be hosted by Host.sk which is located in Slovakia.
Can the DMCA be applied in Slovakia? :huh:

Anyway, even if it applies to those countries, Kazaa Lite complies with some of the DMCA&#39;s (http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf) exceptions:

Personal privacy (section 1201(i)). This exception permits circumvention when the technological measure, or the work it protects, is capable of collecting or disseminating personally identifying information about the online activities of a natural person.

K-Lite was the one who first implemented the Privacy patch. Only later, Sharman&#39;s Kazaa implemented this feature, following Kazaa Lite.

Security testing (section 1201(j)). This exception permits circumvention of access control measures, and the development of technological means for such circumvention, for the purpose of testing the security of a computer, computer system or computer network, with the authorization of its owner or operator.

Random nut discovered Kazaa&#39;s major security vulnerability and reported it to Sharman. Story (http://news.com.com/2100-1027_3-1010022.html?tag=lh) Details (http://www.derkeiler.com/Mailing-Lists/Full-Disclosure/2003-05/0380.html)

So how in the world is Kazaa Lite damaging Kazaa&#39;s image? It&#39;s helping Kazaa getting better, more popular and more secure.
If the morons of Sharman networks are reading this, think twice before shooting yourselves in the foot.

Paul, I hope you will put up the website again with the links and I hope the development doesn&#39;t stop, specially when random nut is back with some goodies. :)
I wouldn&#39;t worry too much about Sharman because they don&#39;t have jack sh*t on Kazaa Lite to shut it down.
Just some scare tactics like the RIAA. That&#39;s all.

Get well soon man, we need you. :beerchug:
Oh yeah, I don&#39;t know any grandma tips for a sore throat, unless she is a doctor that can write prescriptions. :P
Good points. ;)

SS396Camaro
12-07-2003, 10:57 PM
i have to agree with Paul on this one. I too have "converted" to eMule.... I use KL to download mp3 only. I believe the KL hayday is gone. It was fun while it lasted but I will not stop using KL .....like i said before....use it for mp3s. The only downside i see on eMule is dl speed&#092;time. 5 days and im still downloading KOTOR (4 bin&#092;cue cds). EVERY file i have downloaded so far has been real....no fakes. As for this site.....its awesome. As you can tell i dont post too often (3) because i use the search option and find what im looking for. I vist this site daily and the amount of info i get on games, app, and other stuff is great.....just my &#036;.02

LTJBukem
12-07-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by TRshady@7 December 2003 - 22:07
I&#39;m not sure what will happen from here, but its a major win for the riaa and maybe the beginning of the end for p2p ...
This has nothing to do with the RIAA&#33;&#33; The only reason Kazaa Lite is coming to an end is it infringed upon Sharman Network&#39;s copyrights. The RIAA gain nothing out of this, actually they might lose out if we all move on. With other p2p apps not being afflicted with Kazaa&#39;s terrible file tagging, the RIAA will find it harder to flood these networks with fake mp3 files.

As for it being the end of p2p? Anyone savvy enough to use KazaaLite will know about its (better) alternatives. Then, when KMD users notice the dwindling number of users on FastTrack, they&#39;ll all toddle off to download.com to investigate and probably download EMule as well. ;)

:)

asmithz
12-07-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by SS396Camaro@7 December 2003 - 14:57
i have to agree with Paul on this one. I too have "converted" to eMule.... I use KL to download mp3 only. I believe the KL hayday is gone. It was fun while it lasted but I will not stop using KL .....like i said before....use it for mp3s. The only downside i see on eMule is dl speed&#092;time. 5 days and im still downloading KOTOR (4 bin&#092;cue cds). EVERY file i have downloaded so far has been real....no fakes. As for this site.....its awesome. As you can tell i dont post too often (3) because i use the search option and find what im looking for. I vist this site daily and the amount of info i get on games, app, and other stuff is great.....just my &#036;.02
I can&#39;t goto eMule. I tried so many times to get something and had to wait. The only thing i ever got was GetSmile. I tried to get matrix revolutions, witch had around 2000 users, and i never got it. I tried kazaa witch had about 10 users and got it withen a couple hours.

TRshady
12-07-2003, 11:14 PM
Good points raised here, I understand and feel better bout this now. Thanks. :)
So, as for the forum .... will it turn into a p2p forum?
I think this would be great and definetly keep things alive ...

imnotanaddict
12-07-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by TRshady@7 December 2003 - 23:14
Good points raised here, I understand and feel better bout this now. Thanks. :)
So, as for the forum .... will it turn into a p2p forum?
I think this would be great and definetly keep things alive ...
I don&#39;t believe that options won&#39;t be available. How bad do we want to keep k-lite, I believe will decide it. If we stand as a group, work out problems, make solutions,
I mean were as smart as we want to be, in this situation or any. I think there are ample supplies of intellegent people in this forum alone. I&#39;m not talking revolution or taking over some third world government. But just face it from a logical standpoint. What needs to be done? What is in our power to do? NO options ? We&#39;ll just have to take what ever happens? If we think like that k-lite dead before any kind of fight. Who wants to chip in on a Harvard Lawyer fresh out of law school ready to make a name for himself. :P (Well I can be serious and still joke can&#39;t I ?) We need a game plan. <_<

MUSLEMAN
12-07-2003, 11:48 PM
now thats what i&#39;m talking about people more power to you

Johnny_B
12-08-2003, 12:02 AM
How about doing with Kazaa what was done with eDonkey2000?
Reverse engineer Kazaa, get the source code and use it to build a new client from scratch that connects to the FastTrack network.
New GUI, new features, different source code and Sharman can no longer bitch about using their code.

msgtpain
12-08-2003, 12:13 AM
Just share the program as much as possible.. Don&#39;t let Kazaalite die :)

RPerry
12-08-2003, 12:18 AM
Just wanted to make a quick appearence to show that we are indeed still here, and this site isn&#39;t going anywhere. I am in the middle of my 3 day, 36 hr work schedule, so I cannot be here much during that time.

Paul, hope you feel better M8, seems alot of people are sick :(

psikoneo
12-08-2003, 12:25 AM
I currently use the latest version of Shareaza or IRC for downloads

covers gnutella networks, emule/edonkey/magnet links/and even torrents

Since emule is open source and cleaner, is there potential for a custom version of emule done by Paul? if so, I&#39;d use it

otherwise I&#39;m sticking with Shareaza and IRC, I haven&#39;t used KL in a long time due to lack of sources or quality files

imported_uncle_cracker
12-08-2003, 12:28 AM
:censored:

i cannot blieve it - and it makes me a little bit sad.

hope to cu, i enjoy this community

imnotanaddict
12-08-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by psikoneo@8 December 2003 - 00:25
I currently use the latest version of Shareaza or IRC for downloads

covers gnutella networks, emule/edonkey/magnet links/and even torrents

Since emule is open source and cleaner, is there potential for a custom version of emule done by Paul? if so, I&#39;d use it

otherwise I&#39;m sticking with Shareaza and IRC, I haven&#39;t used KL in a long time due to lack of sources or quality files
Where&#39;s a bouncer when you need one&#33; :angry: :angry: :angry:

And I too hope you get to feeling better Paul, and anyone else under the weather.

ck-uk
12-08-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Agent Smith+7 December 2003 - 22:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agent Smith &#064; 7 December 2003 - 22:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-SS396Camaro@7 December 2003 - 14:57
I can&#39;t goto eMule. I tried so many times to get something and had to wait. The only thing i ever got was GetSmile. I tried to get matrix revolutions, witch had around 2000 users, and i never got it. I tried kazaa witch had about 10 users and got it withen a couple hours.[/b][/quote]
Mate read there faqs & set it up correctly .Its not that bad,i&#39;ve downloaded quite afew large file with in a day.You will have an initial wait...but then it&#39;ll soon fly.with the file in perfect condition.

Paul a packet of tunes or lockets should sort your throat out...nice they &#39;re too :)

jetje
12-08-2003, 09:52 AM
Well this forum and all of it&#39;s members is about being a filesharing community and as long as we have the filesharing spirit no one is gonna put us down&#33;

Paul beterschap....

Schmiggy_JK23
12-08-2003, 09:52 AM
I have to say that emule speeds are abhorently slow. Ill be a emule convert when it isnt slow as "e mule".

verifieds, sure, if you want them in 4 weeks.

Dont get me wrong, klite is great, but the fastrack network, and its lack of multisourcing/swarming not yet completed files is its down fall. Ya, i still use it for porn, and mp3s, its great, and if you are smart, getting non fakes isnt that hard.

But seriously, bittorrent right now, while obviously not the most secure, is easily the fastest, and probably most reliable p2p at the moment. I have shareza, ya its okay, probably be a decent sucessor to the user base of klite. The G2 network is solid, mainly the only exceptional feature of shareza. But BT, private trackers etc, is the way to go.

and of course, the old stand by... IRC. its not p2p, its been around before any one knew what p2p was. and you can still get top notch files super fast from it. All my day 1 releases come from IRC or bittorrent. data just doesnt travel fast enough around the fastrack network.

any how, as i posted in another thread (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=86673&st=0&#entry722375), its only a matter of time according to sharman, with some proof, that they can isolate the k++ users, and possibly really cripple their part of the network.

My question is, if/when the development continues, can we get around this so called block of supernode shares as mentioned in the above thread, by kmd 2.5? If k++ cant, isnt really beneficiary to continue development?

tracydani
12-08-2003, 11:20 AM
Why fight to keep k-lite alive? Many of the members here do not use it. Just check out many of the conversations about this exact topic.

I haven&#39;t thought of this forum as a k-lite forum in quite a long time. Sure I think of it in name, but this forum evolved rather quickly into a filesharing community.

Personaly I think we should consider a name change, and that Paul and 7th should continue the modifications to the forum. Re-arrange the sections, maybe having one for all clients that use the fasttrack network, one for Bittorrent, one for emule etc.

Keep the lounge music, movie etc. as they are but create a section for each type of network.

It is practically this way now, except all the other p2p programs are lumped into one miscelanious section.

Just my opinion, and has been for several months. This just kinda seals it.

Paul, get better soon. And if you look to be getting into any trouble, let us know. As someone posted in the last day, we should be ready and willing to help you however we can.

TD

tracydani
12-08-2003, 09:37 PM
Sorry for bumping, but I am curious if my above post is sort of what is in the works? Or if anyone is interested in that kind of forum change.

TD

N£MO
12-08-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by tracydani@8 December 2003 - 21:37
Sorry for bumping, but I am curious if my above post is sort of what is in the works? Or if anyone is interested in that kind of forum change.

TD
Just read your idea and it sounds like a good one.Be interesting to see Pauls stance on this.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
12-08-2003, 09:52 PM
;) Take all the Forums that has to do with Kazaa Lite down.

Ok.....maybe not anytime soon.But in a Month or so.....gone.

Kazaa Lite is dead.And like others have said.....alot of People that hang here do not use it anyways.

It was a nice run Paul.And if it was not for you or VB working with it none of us would of ever met.So do not think we are not sadded over all this. :(

This is going to be fun to watch.Seeing where everybody goes and what Pops up.Maybe our own Network.....who knows. :D

FC B)

thewizeard
12-08-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@8 December 2003 - 21:52
;) Take all the Forums that has to do with Kazaa Lite down.

Ok.....maybe not anytime soon.But in a Month or so.....gone.

Kazaa Lite is dead.And like others have said.....alot of People that hang here do not use it anyways.

It was a nice run Paul.And if it was not for you or VB working with it none of us would of ever met.So do not think we are not sadded over all this. :(

This is going to be fun to watch.Seeing where everybody goes and what Pops up.Maybe our own Network.....who knows. :D

FC B)
Kazaa-lite dead? That&#39;s just not true...About 75% of the sharers that download from me are"K-lite masters." I am not going to run away. I do like the idea FC, of K-Lite users becoming supernodes.....

Sparkle1984
12-08-2003, 10:23 PM
Rumours of its death are greatly exaggerated&#33;&#33; LOL&#33;&#33; :lol:

SeK612
12-08-2003, 10:50 PM
I will continue using K++ (I have a big backlog of downloads to clear anyway). If the development fails and I get kicked of the network then so be it. I&#39;m not keen on emule or BT but am happy to use them if I need to.

smellycat
12-08-2003, 10:54 PM
Kazaa(lite) was good for the P2P scene.
It brought a lot of newcomers to the fold.

But kazaalite was always based on kazaa,
a buggy piece of proprietary shit software (download resets, bodged hashing),
owned by shysters who are trying to drm the network.

Fuck them.

It &#39;s time to move onto better P2P software,
written for for the people by the people.
Bittorent, DC++, emule, shareaza
We are spoilt for choice.

Like other members, I hope this forum will continue
as a P2P forum.

RealitY
12-08-2003, 11:09 PM
Anybody remember ragging me for having this in my sig...

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/300153/KaZaaQuestion.jpg

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Kiler
12-09-2003, 04:55 AM
Anyone up for petition? :D

Remember To Share
12-09-2003, 07:42 AM
Paul,

I like others will use Kazaa Lite K++ to the death. I still love it and think it&#39;s the best. All of us owe you (and the other people involved in the creation) a huge thank you for making one of the truly best P2P programs ever. You are THE MAN Paul and get better soon :)

I hate to even type this, but if Kazaa Lite somehow dies, one of the problems may be that people (like me) won&#39;t know which P2P program to turn to next. From reading this forum, there are a lot of mixed opinions as to which is the best P2P program to use along with Kazaa Lite. So what may happen is we&#39;ll all be scrambled on different P2P programs which may result in fewer users, slower downloads, and files will be harder to get :(

It would be great if someone were to make a website that had on it ALL the good and popular P2P programs available for download. If there&#39;s a website like this already, I don&#39;t know about it.

Long Live Kazaa Lite K++&#33;

BawA
12-09-2003, 08:43 AM
Most people r using emule
but if u have good connection dont waste ur time waiting to get a file go to mIRC and be 1st to get new&#39;s

tracydani
12-09-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@9 December 2003 - 10:43

LOL, not according to the poll in the filkesharing section. Bittorrent is only 1 vote away from kazaa and all the rest don&#39;t even compare.

Just an FYI ;)

TD

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
12-09-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by tracydani+9 December 2003 - 04:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tracydani @ 9 December 2003 - 04:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bawa@Klite_user@9 December 2003 - 10:43

LOL, not according to the poll in the filkesharing section. Bittorrent is only 1 vote away from kazaa and all the rest don&#39;t even compare.

Just an FYI ;)

TD [/b][/quote]
;) That Poll was not held in MusicWorld.We all know what Program would be #1 there.

Different Programs are good for different things.

BawA
12-09-2003, 10:04 AM
u dont get every thing on BT, only new files u can get. about emule me personaly i dont use it but from major members like paul and other MOD&#39;s use it.
me my self when i want rare files i go to kazaa but for new file i use mIRC and some when i want WWE i use BT :lol:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
12-09-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@9 December 2003 - 05:04
u dont get every thing on BT, only new files u can get. about emule me personaly i dont use it but from major members like paul and other MOD&#39;s use it.
me my self when i want rare files i go to kazaa but for new file i use mIRC and some when i want WWE i use BT :lol:
:D Thats what makes this Game so fun. :D

atiVidia
12-09-2003, 11:21 AM
you may not be able to get everything off of BT, but if i can get half life 2 from it, then hell, its worth it&#33;

edit&#33; if you want half life 2, and cant find anything about it here, i will be happy to provide a link via PM

Switeck
12-09-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@7 December 2003 - 10:41

i&#39;m not jumping this ship, i have never ran from anything and i&#39;m not about to start now. <_<EACH move we make, be it from Napster to Gnutella to Morpheus/Kazaa/Kazaa Lite to whatever comes next SHOULD BE a move to a more-defensible position.

RIAA WILL continue to assault us wherever we are -- and they&#39;re going to hit hard wherever the majority of users are.
However, if we are on a network which isn&#39;t so vulnerable to fakes, has better overload protection from excessive searches, has partial file sharing for LARGE files only, (anything smaller than 5 MB doesn&#39;t need it and even files of 10 MB size gain little from it) and still has the average level of file availability that old Morpheus and KL++ at its best seemed to have then we will only have to change to a new interface to share.

RIAA will have to spend MILLIONS PER MONTH just to scan the new networks with ANY degree of efficiency.

A decentralized, limited viewing (meaning you cannot search the WHOLE network in 1 go) network offers strengths that Napster NEVER had.

These networks already exist -- we just need to research which is &#39;best&#39; to route as many users here as possible.

Bit Torrent, sadly, is a POOR choice as far as file sharing is concerned because it is NOT a network -- it&#39;s only a file distribution scheme which is pretty easy to monitor and VERY easy to shut down websites hosting lots of torrents. However, its source distribution is nearly unkillable legally due to its squeaky-clean image.

E-mule is prone to horribly long queues and slow download speeds.
Gnutella is crippled by more spam attackers at the moment than even Kazaa.
Shareaza&#39;s Gnutella 2 probably won&#39;t scale... but I HOPE I&#39;m wrong there&#33;
Many of the other file-sharing programs are too specialized (music only) or too closed (DC++) to a small audience only to be of large-scale value. Even Mirc, ancient though it is, has too many limitations and too high a user learning curve IMO to recommend it to those who have trouble simply finding files on their hard drives.

Many other networks&#39; problems are simply a LACK of users that are sharing rather than a &#39;flaw&#39; in their networks.
A good sharer-to-leech ratio MUST be maintained for a network to remain &#39;fast&#39;, and this can probably only come with some forced sharing (at least partial file sharing for large files) and some ways to reward those that upload lots. The major flaw with Kazaa&#39;s PL system was even a fast uploader was penalized if they found another fast uploader who had nothing better to do than send files to him at >100 KB/sec... that&#39;d throw their PL into the crapper even though they&#39;re uploading constantly and supporting many others.

People also need to understand that these networks have tremendous overheads that the average user is blissfully unaware of. Network traffic, just to connect one another, messages, searches, etc doesn&#39;t increase your upload speed any -- and it&#39;s everyone&#39;s UPLOAD speed that the network is built on... as even 56k modems have considerably more download bandwidth than upload bandwidth. It is UPLOAD bandwidth that is SCARCE.
This is why on average broadband users shouldn&#39;t really expect to get more than about 10 KB/sec sustained constantly day in, day out.

BitTorrent SEEMS faster because many/most people only download a couple files at a time or per day and MUCH of the time are uploading after finishing their download because they FORGOT about it. With a constantly-connected network, after each upload is done another totally unrelated one will start -- meaning resources get spread MUCH thinner.

Sparkle1984
12-09-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by REALITY@8 December 2003 - 22:09
Anybody remember ragging me for having this in my sig...

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/300153/KaZaaQuestion.jpg

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Oh yes, I remember&#33;&#33; <evil laught> :lol: That picture, I remember seeing it back in July when I first joined this forum&#33;&#33;

bryanskrantz
12-09-2003, 03:50 PM
I haven&#39;t been on this forum for about a week don&#39;t tell me sherman wants to cut kazaa lite because of it infringing on its copyrights. that is all bullshit and you all know it. I&#39;ve been using kazaa and kazaa lite since there conceptions and they are by far the best p2p clients I&#39;ve seen. they are the most reliable clients and the most secure. don&#39;t let sherman kill what revolutionized the p2p world man. to me, loosing k-like is like loosing audiogalaxy which was the best p2p client for its time because it had rare files that could only be found on thier network. this would be such a blow to those who have been in the p2p wolrld as long as I have and thats 8 years and counting. emule and edonkey isn&#39;t really good because its just too slow on the downloads and the network has too many fllaws. for example the credit system. how can u deny a single user because they are not sharing as much as the owners would like you to. p2p is for sharing the files that you do have and downloading more to share more.

zapjb
12-09-2003, 05:48 PM
First off, Paul get better soon&#33; Second CYA (cover your ass). If Sharman has a hard-on for you, it&#39;ll cost you thousands maybe tens of thousands of dollars. Some of you guys who AREN&#39;T earning a living don&#39;t understand. If mommy & daddy are paying your way, you don&#39;t understand the real world.

Second I&#39;m on 56K & eMule SUCKS&#33; NOTHING EVER DL&#39;s with eMule&#33; KL++ rulez until it stops working.

Schmiggy_JK23
12-10-2003, 03:07 AM
actually bittorrent is fairly secure, assuming you run off of private trackers, as alot of klite people are apart of now.

the big sites like suprnova, and bytemonsoon will take a hit long before our private little trackers will.

iMartin
12-10-2003, 04:49 PM
eMule wouldn&#39;t be so bad if it didn&#39;t take an hour just to connect to download something, then another hour just to download the file...it&#39;s so f&#33;@king slow <_<

oldmancan
12-11-2003, 10:44 PM
Best thread I&#39;ve read in a long time. Excellent comments. Post from folks that I may not have seen for a while, but highly respect.

Paul, best wishes - get well soon.

All things in their time. I be hanging at the forum til the bitter end. Why, for free stuff - not really. For the exposure to free thinking ppl from around the world, FUKNA &#33;&#33;

Keep on Sharing, omc

imported_uncle_cracker
12-12-2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by oldmancan@11 December 2003 - 23:44
Best thread I&#39;ve read in a long time.&nbsp; Excellent comments. Post from folks that I may not have seen for a while, but highly respect.

Paul, best wishes - get well soon.

All things in their time.&nbsp; I be hanging at the forum til the bitter end.&nbsp; Why, for free stuff - not really.&nbsp; For the exposure to free thinking ppl from around the world, FUKNA &#33;&#33;

Keep on Sharing, omc
i don&#39;t know if it will be an end ... miss you, paul :(

but i am shure there will be no bitter end ... not only for us

i like most of you guys ... stay here ... and let us see, what&#39;s going on

cu uncle_cracker

volume_rider
12-12-2003, 03:02 AM
I am very sad about that K-Lite is dying. I have been using Overnet (similar to eMule and eDonkey2k) for awhile now its not so bad. There are many files K-Lite doesn&#39;t have. But i have never stop using K-Lite and never will. Overnet is great for those movies or games that you can&#39;t find on K-Lite. I only started using Overnet also is to get files that K-Lite doesn&#39;t have. But i still use K-Lite.

12-12-2003, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by smellycat@8 December 2003 - 22:54
Kazaa(lite) was good for the P2P scene.
It brought a lot of newcomers to the fold.

But kazaalite was always based on kazaa,
a buggy piece of proprietary shit software (download resets, bodged hashing),
owned by shysters who are trying to drm the network.

Fuck them.

It &#39;s time to move onto better P2P software,
written for for the people by the people.
Bittorent, DC++, emule, shareaza
We are spoilt for choice.

Like other members, I hope this forum will continue
as a P2P forum.
i just got DC++ i havent started to use it though. what is it good for (ex. music, software, movies, etc.)? i use soulseek for music right now.

smellycat
12-12-2003, 07:12 PM
This thread is going a bit off topic.
You should ask in the unofficial dc++ forum
Other Related P2P Program Discussions :P

To answer your question.
DC++ is only as good as the hubs you&#39;ve joined. B)

There are hubs that are good for music.
There are hubs that are good for particular types of music (eg heavy metal).
THere are hubs good for movies, hubs good for sci-fi, wares, roms
general hubs for common items, etc.
Just look at the hub description and the requirements before you connect.

I&#39;ve been using dc++ for sci-fi programs, movies and the occasional music
and have had plenty of joy. :)

If you mainly interested in music, then soulseek may be your best program.
I know at least one member who swears by it. :lol:

jAcKaSS Lite
12-12-2003, 08:07 PM
I will also always use K-Lite&#33;&#33;

U gays now many things about k-lite. I have translated k-lite. But now i have to make a setup.exe (setup program for main translated version). I saw that setup of k-lite 2.4.3 is made by Inno Setup. Does anyone has .iss file that I could make setup.exe?