PDA

View Full Version : Broadcasting Audio Is Possible...

Spicker
12-10-2003, 12:18 AM
u noe how u can be a DJ and evrything using shoutcast and it broadcasts audio via the internet is there a software or website tht u cud use to broadcast video :blink: if its possible i could play my movies :D via internet ppl cud see it....but the problem wud be tht it wud use too much upload speed lol but its still worth a try

btw: post links plz :)

Stonecoldfreak1
12-10-2003, 12:22 AM
spellcheck?

Illuminati
12-10-2003, 12:47 AM
The next ShoutCast, v3.0, will have support for Nullsoft's own video file type (NSV), so technically video broadcasting will be available in time - I'd say from six months to about this time next year.

I actually had a talk with 7th (he still owns the station's server so I still have to go through him :( ;)) about this and the deal is that KLB Radio (if it should last that long ;)) will not do video broadcasting in the near future. This is because of a) it's not as easy to moderate dodgy video content as it is dodgy audio content (which is less abundant as well :D) and B) because this forum advocates anonymity which you're not likely to have any more if you appear on a video broadcast :lol:

Spicker
12-10-2003, 02:16 AM
thx for all the replys ;) cant wait till v3.0 :D