PDA

View Full Version : Problems With Folder!

Undead dude
12-10-2003, 07:54 PM
Since yesterday, people have been able to download stuff from outside my shared folder. I have no idea how, but this scares the heck out of me...Please tell me what to do. Yesterday someone downloaded a file that I have no idea what was, and for just a few minutes ago, someone aborted a download of MSN, those programs have never even been in my shared folder.

Rat Faced
12-10-2003, 07:59 PM
Sounds like someone has started sharing his C Drive o_O

Go into options >Find Media to Share and ensure that its your shared folder only that is checked ;)

Moving to k-lite problems

Undead dude
12-10-2003, 08:07 PM
Phew, thanks dude. It's over now...I think. *happy* :lol: But how can people do stuff like that?

-Genesis-
12-10-2003, 09:23 PM
lol prob one of ure m8s playing with you. Other posibility is viruses. Go to THIS (http://housecall.trendmicro.com/) for a free online virus scan, some viruses have the ability to chage the folders shared, ive had a few myself. i know the feeling. lol. :)

Undead dude
12-10-2003, 11:01 PM
I have the WORM SURNOVA.A, WORM SDDROP.A, TROJ SCLOG, and all of them are NON CLENABLE!
153 infected files and still scanning....*panic* WHAT THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?!

-Genesis-
12-11-2003, 10:08 AM
Ok, start up your computer in safe mode (i think hit F8 several times) then run the scanner again. After that restart and you should be fine. I Also reccomend you download Ad-aware from HERE (http://www.filemirrors.com/search.src?file=aaw6.exe) BUT NOTE THAT ANY APPS USING SPYWARE WILL NOT WORK ANYMORE, but your system will be safer. :)

Dream_on
12-11-2003, 10:13 AM
Dude, you can go to : www.trendmicro.com and do an online scan. On this site you can also find fix program for your viruses. Use the Virus encylopedia

kalashnikov0_1
12-11-2003, 10:57 AM
you have trojans on your computer.try using trojan defense suit its a bit difficult using it but the initial scan does fix the problem.if this does not fix then you are in trouble. also dont try cracking trojan defense suit before using it as it does not stay registered unless you have real licence.
other weird idea format the partition.

Undead dude
12-11-2003, 03:08 PM
I'll see what I can do, but at the moment I'm all stressed. Someone told me today that a solution is that I can delete the whole harddisc and start all over again, it's fine with me because I have so much crap on my pc, the only program I use is KaZaA lite....and all my music files, daaaaaaamn...Wellwell, what has to be done, must be done, at least it's easier. I've heard that we need a program to do it, then wich program?