PDA

View Full Version : Deviance-fairlight-razor911

Global Media Trader
12-11-2003, 12:36 AM
Do you thik these groups are making money from releasing software the same day (or before) its released to the public. i figure they must be some how, either through webpages they post on that share the advertiser revenue with them or by selling the releases to websites like sharereactor.

I know it takes a bit of effort to make a Crack. there is not a program that creates a crack for you with a few clicks, you have to take apart the original .exe and know how to restructure it. and they are releasing many games a day sometimes.

I dont think they would risk getting busted for nothing

judgeofallandnothing
12-11-2003, 12:47 AM
They get benefits. access to private leech sites. At least thats what i hear..

abu_has_the_power
12-11-2003, 01:11 AM
the groups are large. many people working together. i think they get support, but they don't get like a salary or something like that.

if ur reading this, god bless u flt, dev and 1911

Phoenix007
12-11-2003, 05:36 AM
I think they do it as a hobby and most of them don't even have websites.
I admire those guys....

muchspl2
12-11-2003, 05:39 AM
:huh:

they don't get shit sept for the benifit of releasing stuff for people to enjoy :rolleyes:

abu_has_the_power
12-11-2003, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Phoenix007@11 December 2003 - 00:36
I think they do it as a hobby and most of them don't even have websites.
I admire those guys....
if u read their nfos in the games, it says they don't have a website

judgeofallandnothing
12-11-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+11 December 2003 - 05:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 11 December 2003 - 05:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Phoenix007@11 December 2003 - 00:36
I think they do it as a hobby and most of them don&#39;t even have websites.
I admire those guys....
if u read their nfos in the games, it says they don&#39;t have a website [/b][/quote]
wat r u trying to say.. the original guy said tey dont have website and u were being redundent by saying that they dont have one.

Phoenix007
12-11-2003, 06:33 AM
lol @ abu, u must be really tired :rolleyes:

abu_has_the_power
12-11-2003, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Phoenix007@11 December 2003 - 01:33
lol @ abu, u must be really tired :rolleyes:
lol :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1:

Global Media Trader
12-11-2003, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@11 December 2003 - 05:39

they don&#39;t get shit sept for the benifit of releasing stuff for people to enjoy :rolleyes:
There is no way they take the time to buy (or have someone else buy) almost every new game that comes out, take the time and effort to make the crack, risk jail, just to make a bunch of gamers happy.

Go to nforce or ISO news and see the amount of games that are released by them a month. they average close to 50 games a month a piece.

They must be profiting somehow. i know that sharereator is making money through advertisers. as in nforce and similar sites. maybe the revenues are being shared with them.

The leader of Fairlight was busted a few months ago. and Fairlight said they were closing their doors. now all of a sudden they are back again

The owner of theisonews was also busted, had his page taken down by the FBI (i think it was) and had to pay huge fines. yet he still has his pages up. they dont risk this shit for nothing

muchspl2
12-11-2003, 07:15 AM
wrong dip shit but I am not going into it with you
and they don&#39;t "buy" any games :lol: in fact never, its passed openly between distributors, pressers, debuggers, inkers
fuck a whole slew of people that have access to stuff before you do

junkyardking
12-11-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Global Media Trader+11 December 2003 - 07:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Global Media Trader @ 11 December 2003 - 07:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@11 December 2003 - 05:39

they don&#39;t get shit sept for the benifit of releasing stuff for people to enjoy :rolleyes:
There is no way they take the time to buy (or have someone else buy) almost every new game that comes out, take the time and effort to make the crack, risk jail, just to make a bunch of gamers happy.

Go to nforce or ISO news and see the amount of games that are released by them a month. they average close to 50 games a month a piece.

They must be profiting somehow. i know that sharereator is making money through advertisers. as in nforce and similar sites. maybe the revenues are being shared with them.

The leader of Fairlight was busted a few months ago. and Fairlight said they were closing their doors. now all of a sudden they are back again

The owner of theisonews was also busted, had his page taken down by the FBI (i think it was) and had to pay huge fines. yet he still has his pages up. they dont risk this shit for nothing [/b][/quote]
No you get it, they dont profit from it.

They get the games for free, anywhere along the distribution chain there holes.
They do it for the challenge be it cracking software protection, giving it away for free, defying the law.

You seem to have a mindset of capitalism where people only do things for money, you couldnt be more wrong.

Global Media Trader
12-11-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@11 December 2003 - 07:15
wrong dip shit but I am not going into it with you
and they don&#39;t "buy" any games :lol: in fact never, its passed openly between distributors, pressers, debuggers, inkers
fuck a whole slew of people that have access to stuff before you do
I understand they have a network of people that work for them. that BUY the games. someone is BUYING the games. the games are released on P2P networks the same day or the day after they have gone gold (sometimes before) so they have people buying every game that comes out just so they can make muchspl2 happy .. Ummmmmm .... NO

And "dipshit" as you so elegantly put it, they have to be making money some how. they are not going to risk their ass in jail to please people they dont even know.

This is not a small mickey mouse operation, they transfer how many terabytes of information a month. they are paying for T3 connections for all this. T3 connections can cost &#036;10,000 to &#036;15,000 a month.

muchspl2
12-11-2003, 07:46 AM
http://members.cox.net/dodger1954/pics/iqchart.jpg

Kevhead2
12-11-2003, 07:52 AM
Here is some information. http://www.defacto2.net/NFO/D/deviance2001_1.txt
if you read this on the deviance nfo. you can see the claim to be non profit. but they have to claim that because if they ever get caught they can claim they were not profiting from this. and the main part of the copy write laws deal with profiting from copywritten material.

If you read the nfo closely they say they are looking for "- supplying games from stores (you live near EB/Babbages/Soft Etc,
have a fast UPLOAD connection like T1/T3/SDSL, and time on weekday
mornings. Of course we reimburse you for the costs of the games
you buy.)"

notice they say they will pay reimburse anyone that sends them a game. and they get a shit load of titles a month.

They also says " And always remember: we do this just for FUN. We are against any
profit or commercialization of piracy. In fact, we BUY all our
own games, as we love games. And if you like this game, BUT it.
We did&#33;"

They say they are not for profit. but claim to buy all thier own games.

They also are looking for people for "- supplying games from stores (you live near EB/Babbages/Soft Etc,
you buy.)"

So they are looking for T3. so they also have T3 connections.

Conclusion. they are either millionairs that can afford to buy all their games and and afford a T3 connections as Global said. or they have to be profiting, it cost too much money to run this kind of operation

Global Media Trader
12-11-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@11 December 2003 - 07:46
http://members.cox.net/dodger1954/pics/iqchart.jpg

muchspl2 your incapable of a intelligent conversation. your obviously still growing pubic hairs

muchspl2
12-11-2003, 07:59 AM
how they get stuff 101
t1 to t3 = uni connection&#39;s easy to get or acquire :ph34r:
games = other yet another easy to get item with so many cooks in the kitchen
and they "pay" by giving leech access to dumps for all the newest stuff

EDIT:

muchspl2 your incapable of a intelligent conversation. your obviously still growing pubic hairs

:nono: your just full of shit and I called you on it, just shut the fuck up if you have no clue how the community works, witch you don&#39;t so please do

CadeLaguana
12-11-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Kevhead2@11 December 2003 - 08:52

If you read the nfo closely they say they are looking for "- supplying games from stores (you live near EB/Babbages/Soft Etc,
you buy.)"

notice they say they will pay reimburse anyone that sends them a game. and they get a shit load of titles a month.

They also says " And always remember: we do this just for FUN. We are against any
profit or commercialization of piracy. In fact, we BUY all our
own games, as we love games. And if you like this game, BUT it.
We did&#33;"

They also are looking for people for "- supplying games from stores (you live near EB/Babbages/Soft Etc,
you buy.)"

Is it me kev, or are you repeating the same stuff :lol: .

Global Media Trader
12-11-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@11 December 2003 - 07:59
how they get stuff 101
t1 to t3 = uni connection&#39;s easy to get or acquire :ph34r:
games = other yet another easy to get item with so many cooks in the kitchen
and they "pay" by giving leech access to dumps for all the newest stuff

EDIT:

:nono: your just full of shit and I called you on it, just shut the fuck up if you have no clue how the community works, with you don&#39;t so please do
muchspl2 it makes no difference, T1 connections range from &#036;500 to &#036;1000 a month where i live. so you still need several people with T1 connections. and they ARE buying their own games as they said.

Kevhead2
12-11-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by CadeLaguana+11 December 2003 - 08:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CadeLaguana @ 11 December 2003 - 08:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kevhead2@11 December 2003 - 08:52

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; have a fast UPLOAD connection like T1/T3/SDSL, and time on weekday
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; mornings. Of course we reimburse you for the costs of the games
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; you buy.)"

They also says&nbsp; " And always remember: we do this just for FUN. We are against any
&nbsp; &nbsp; profit or commercialization of piracy. In fact, we BUY all our
&nbsp; &nbsp; own games, as we love games. And if you like this game, BUT it.
&nbsp; &nbsp; We did&#33;"

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; have a fast UPLOAD connection like T1/T3/SDSL, and time on weekday
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; mornings. Of course we reimburse you for the costs of the games
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; you buy.)"

Is it me kev, or are you repeating the same stuff :lol: . [/b][/quote]
Yes i did repeat the same quote, but the point was to point out two different things in that quote. i guess i should have made two points about one quote at the same time instead of making two points of the same quote seperately

Global Media Trader
12-11-2003, 08:39 AM
Fairlight Farewell (http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7311)Here is Fairlights farwell letter

"It has been a good few years, but it is now time for Fairlight to close its doors for good. Many reasons have made us come to this judgement but we feel it is for the best. The scene is getting to be a dangerous place. Not only do we have to fear from the feds but also the unhonorable ones in the scene who lower themselves to narq the competition. Retiring on top seems to be the best decision for us. We want to thank all those throughout the years who have helped us in one way or another."

now why would they risk all the bullshit for people unless they were making money

muchspl2
12-11-2003, 08:48 AM
they same reason people file share after riaa bullshit <_<

Kevhead2
12-11-2003, 09:01 AM
I dont care how or why they do it. im just glad they do :D keep up the good work :D

Phoenix007
12-12-2003, 04:22 AM
Just think about all the bots or fserves on IRC. Do the people behind them make any money? NO&#33; They share their T1 connections so that people like us can benefit from them. As I said before, it&#39;s a hobby, not a full-time paying job.

DWk
12-12-2003, 04:30 AM
ur point?

judgeofallandnothing
12-12-2003, 06:53 AM
IF flt is qutting why do they still release games? eg. http://www.nforce.nl/index.php?do=nfo&id=52386 which was released dec 15...

Global Media Trader
12-12-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by judgeofallandnothing@12 December 2003 - 00:53
IF flt is qutting why do they still release games? eg. http://www.nforce.nl/index.php?do=nfo&id=52386 which was released dec 15...
They still release games and risk jail FOR A REASON :D

Get it

muchspl2
12-12-2003, 11:03 AM
I completely do, your the one who thinks they profit from it :rolleyes:
its not your fault you have no clue, I blame the american education system, seems no one cared when you raised your hand in class and soon you just gave up on learning

Global Media Trader
12-12-2003, 11:22 AM
I dont know for a fact that thy profit from it....that why i started the thread. but when i add up all it takes to run a operation like this.

T3 connections &#036;15,000 a ,month,

50 games a month bought by them as they stated in their NFO (they buy all their own games)

The risk of jail for gamers they dont even know,

Making the no CD crack for 50 games a month just because they are "nice guys"

My logic says ... ummmm ... NO

"The Avatar Man"
12-12-2003, 03:18 PM
They are all eastern european midgets from outer space&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

but really guys you are just repeating your points over and over.
get a mod to start a poll or something.
CHILL OUT GUYS&#33;
http://web.icq.com/images/0,,463,00.gif

jetje
12-12-2003, 04:45 PM
These groups do it just for the fun and as a sport... It&#39;s the competition who gets something released 1st. As every hobby it may cost money, although they try to get everything sponsored or suplied for free.
Most groups try to release before it hit the streets, they use connections in the suplier channels, hack or "borrow" just to be the 1st...

The intention isn&#39;t to get it wide spread, but if there is one sheep out on the net, others follow very fast :D
So basicly it is just to beat the other release teams...

but as one said.... it&#39;s just nice for the p2p community B)

bntw in this article (http://www.landfield.com/isn/mail-archive/2002/Jul/0063.html) is some nice info about a relaese group the hunt and the reason ;)

oh and one other thing, leave the personal vendetta&#39;s out please&#33;&#33;&#33; And things on topic.

"The Avatar Man"
12-12-2003, 05:29 PM
NICE article&#33; ;)
http://www.balloonpeople.net/acatalog/06455.jpg

Timz
12-13-2003, 12:20 AM
:D To fairlight, razor and deviance, also Immersion, and other cracking/riping groups, thx, my life would suck without u :) :) :P

abu_has_the_power
12-13-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Timz@12 December 2003 - 19:20
:D To fairlight, razor and deviance, also Immersion, and other cracking/riping groups, thx, my life would suck without u :) :) :P
amen. peace to the world. and god bless u guys.

Rip The Jacker
12-13-2003, 04:22 AM
http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/fltlogo.jpg

ROCKS&#33;

Too bad they decided to stop...

Global Media Trader
12-13-2003, 04:38 AM
99.9% of the stuff i download i would never buy anyway. so the Co. are not losing from me.

But how do know who runs sites like nforce and the hundreds of german and other european websites that have verified hashes on them for the files on the eDonkey network or fasttrack.

Do we assume none of then are run by the release groups. i think most of them are. and they get paid by the advertisers.

Or even sites like sharereactor that are not run by the release groups might be willing to pay them something for giving them the edk2 link first before any other site. to get the bulk of the traffic for that file.