PDA

View Full Version : Bad Ip Ranges Updater 1.3

Remember To Share
12-11-2003, 01:27 AM
I noticed that in the updater.ini file at the bottom it says BannedIPFile=
but after the "=", it's blank. I remember in version 1.2 that the pathway to the file of bad IP ranges was put in there. In version 1.3, it's not there. Is this normal? Did the developer forget to put it in? Should we manually insert the pathway which is (by default): C:\Program Files\Kazaa Lite K++\BannedIPs\BannedIpRanges.txt

Can someone help out? :)

cosmic doobie
12-11-2003, 01:29 AM
I get the impression this is not currently being updated.
Your best bet is to join the forum at Peer Guardian (http://www.peerguardian.net) where the list is updated daily.

Remember To Share
12-11-2003, 01:37 AM
I have Peer Guardian. I'm asking about the Bad IP Ranges Updater version 1.3. Before anyone tells me, I already know about importing the bad IP ranges into your firewall. Can anyone answer my original question? :)

Vargas
12-11-2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Remember To Share@11 December 2003 - 01:27
I noticed that in the updater.ini file at the bottom it says BannedIPFile=
but after the "=", it's blank.
Did the developer forget to put it in? Should we manually insert the pathway which is (by default): C:\Program Files\Kazaa Lite K++\BannedIPs\BannedIpRanges.txt
I think you are right.

cosmic doobie
12-11-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Remember To Share@11 December 2003 - 00:37
I have Peer Guardian. I'm asking about the Bad IP Ranges Updater version 1.3. Before anyone tells me, I already know about importing the bad IP ranges into your firewall. Can anyone answer my original question? :)
:D Sorry boss !

isepiq
12-12-2003, 10:33 AM
I just pasted v1.3 Updater into my K++ directory, overwriting the old ones, and when using the updater like normal, it worked as is. Went back and made a blank ip list just to make sure, and v1.3 did the job, no problem for me. B)