PDA

View Full Version : Ps2 Slide Card And "pal"

xxkazaaliteuserxx
12-11-2003, 01:54 AM
i hav a ps2 slide card n a boot disc come with it, n i cant play "PAL" games, wen it start ta game ta screen start jumping, then it say wrong disc format, but i not sure it becuz my ps2 or becuz ta slide card method wont work with PAL.

namzuf9
12-11-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by xxkazaaliteuserxx@11 December 2003 - 02:54
i hav a ps2 slide card n a boot disc come with it, n i cant play "PAL" games, wen it start ta game ta screen start jumping, then it say wrong disc format, but i not sure it becuz my ps2 or becuz ta slide card method wont work with PAL.
A quick explanation to how the "slide card" method works.
When you boot a normal PS2 game the console checks to make sure the media inserted is an origanal and not a back-up. If all goes well the game will continue to load. If you was to eject the disk during the booting the console would reset itself of continue to try and boot the disc that was origanlly inserted.
What the PS2 boot disks do is allow you a point in booting where you can switch disks without the PS2 knowing. But of course you cannot eject the disc without the PS2 reseting or interupting the boot process, which is where the swipe card comes into play allowing you to force open the disc tray and switch discs.
But the limatation is you can only play games in the same format of your boot disks and you can only use boot disks made for your PS2's region.

In short, if you want to play imports (nstc to pal, pal to nstc etc.) you would have to get a direct boot modchip such as messiah 2.