PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions

SeK612
12-11-2003, 10:16 PM
First how do you tell your participation level in emule plus? This is what my toolbar looks like (below) but it doesn't give a figure of how high it is. What level does it need to be at before you get a big change in transfers (not having to wait for ages before you can download).

http://sek612.netfirms.com/Emule-Rating1.jpg

Also I noticed a bug next to the filename of my files and when click on it displayed the message below. I got the file off one of the main ED2K link sites. Do I believe the message and stop the download or keep it going?

http://sek612.netfirms.com/Emule-Corrupt1.jpg

http://sek612.netfirms.com/Emule-Corrupt2.jpg

Global Media Trader
12-11-2003, 10:34 PM
I have never seen that bug icon in my eMule or Donkey. i have 30c eMule FAQ (http://www.emule-project.net/faq/)

thisiswhoweare
12-11-2003, 10:53 PM
your using emuleplus :)
the bug icon is a rating given to the file from another user. They're saying its fake/corrupt/invalid whatever, whether they are lying or telling the truth is up to you. There like comments in kazaa, whether you can trust them is entirely different.

So far theres no actual way to verify the authencity. You can update the fakelist (somewhere in preferences/general, and if it is fake and someone has mentioned it, when you do a search for that file, the file should have fake / incomplete etc next to it, but no gurantees though)..

Also its not possible to know partipation levels. Why you want to is beyond me.

SeK612
12-11-2003, 11:02 PM
Yea I think the bug thing was a mistake by the user (you have to do something at the end to the movie file to get it to work and I guess they didn't).

As for participation level I just want to know my level and see whether it is improving o.k (Emule is supposed to revolve heavily around this). I've read somewhere that there is some idicator of your PL in emule plus but I can't find it :(

guit_steel
12-11-2003, 11:03 PM
First how do you tell your participation level in emule plus? This is what my toolbar looks like (below) but it doesn't give a figure of how high it is. What level does it need to be at before you get a big change in transfers (not having to wait for ages before you can download).

There isn't a PL like there is on KL.

The first thing to do is check the globe on ur toolbar. The one in ur paste is good. The arrows are green so u have a high ID. If they were red u would have a low ID. U don't want a low ID b/c low ID can't hook up to another low ID.

Keep an eye on ur log at when u connect to the network. Ur credit file is always displayed — the higher the number, the better.

Also I noticed a bug next to the filename of my files and when click on it displayed the message below. I got the file off one of the main ED2K link sites. Do I believe the message and stop the download or keep it going?

There is a bug icon b/c another user indicated that this was a fake file. If u don't trust the note then try previewing the file. Otherwise ur dl is probably in vain.

I just did a search for BA and had 172 hits. Why not just pick another one of those?

eMule Plus FAQ:
http://emuleplus.sourceforge.net/wacko/wakka.php?wakka=FAQ

thisiswhoweare
12-11-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by guit_steel@11 December 2003 - 23:03
The first thing to do is check the globe on ur toolbar. The one in ur paste is good. The arrows are green so u have a high ID. If they were red u would have a low ID. U don't want a low ID b/c low ID can't hook up to another low ID.

Keep an eye on ur log at when u connect to the network. Ur credit file is always displayed — the higher the number, the better.
Actually on emule plus the lowid icon is yellow, but it will differ possibly on other mods.

And its not possible to view credits. The credits in log is not yours, but the number of people who have uploaded to you...

If you got it of a respectable site like Sharereactor etc then the site. Sometimes a user will download an incorrectly named file and will give it a fake rating. But since you download the file and know and has its actual real name, you think this user was trying to stop people downloading it.

guit_steel
12-11-2003, 11:53 PM
Sorry about the colors — I think I only got a low ID once.

So when my log reads "Creditfiles loaded" that's not my creditfile. Strange. Leads me to another question. I updated from 1h to 1i last night so creditfile was cleared. I let Plus run for 14 hrs or so — no downloads, only uploads. After reconnecting this afternoon it stated over 300 clients kown, how come if I wasn't downloading?

Is there a way to check ur own creditfile? I'm not that concerned, my speed is fine — just curious.

Thanx.

thisiswhoweare
12-12-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by guit_steel@11 December 2003 - 23:53
Sorry about the colors — I think I only got a low ID once.

So when my log reads "Creditfiles loaded" that's not my creditfile. Strange. Leads me to another question. I updated from 1h to 1i last night so creditfile was cleared. I let Plus run for 14 hrs or so — no downloads, only uploads. After reconnecting this afternoon it stated over 300 clients kown, how come if I wasn't downloading?

Is there a way to check ur own creditfile? I'm not that concerned, my speed is fine — just curious.

Thanx.
no need to be sorry, aint a life or death matter :) if it was, then i wouldnt have said anything at all :rolleyes:

if your talking about "11/12/2003 21:04:10: Creditfile loaded, 50133 clients are known" then no its not your number which you have upload too. As i have told on another thread and to tralalala (bout 5 times lol) its actually the number of sources you've downloaded from. When restarting mule i think from version 1h onwards, the clients.met file which holds your clients numbers and credits gets purged, so any sources you aint downloaded from gets deleted out.
Aint sure why you got 300 clients know if you aint downloaded anything..

No way to check credit file. It'll be pretty hard to do so anyway since its different on each person you uploaded too.

guit_steel
12-12-2003, 12:19 PM
Thanx. I had originally thought this was the case with the "creditfile loaded" message, but after getting those 300 hits on a fresh install, I had assumed I was wrong and that was an indication of my own standing.

Thanx again for the clarification.

thisiswhoweare
12-12-2003, 03:19 PM
B) np