PDA

View Full Version : A Shift Of Emphasis

J'Pol
12-12-2003, 01:10 AM
I see that the boards headings are changing. With a view to making this more of a general p2p forum than a specific klite forum.

It would seem to me that this is a direct response to recent events in relation to the fast-track network, sharman etc.

I think if we are all honest we would say that this shift is a good thing. It is more important that p2p, file sharing and this community survives than any one programme.

Can we just say, to all concerned with klite, k++ and whatever else, thanks for the ride, it was great while it lasted, we will never forget you. However it is time to move on.

The king is dead, long live the king.

Live long in Possil

Adster
12-12-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by J'Pol@12 December 2003 - 11:10
I see that the boards headings are changing. With a view to making this more of a general p2p forum than a specific klite forum.

It would seem to me that this is a direct response to recent events in relation to the fast-track network, sharman etc.

I think if we are all honest we would say that this shift is a good thing. It is more important that p2p, file sharing and this community survives than any one programme.

Can we just say, to all concerned with klite, k++ and whatever else, thanks for the ride, it was great while it lasted, we will never forget you. However it is time to move on.

The king is dead, long live the king.

Live long in Possil
well said JPaul

BigBank_Hank
12-12-2003, 02:14 AM
With all the changes being made I wonder if the board name is next on the list.

oldmancan
12-12-2003, 02:27 AM
Most eloquent J'Pol. I agree wholeheartedly, with one minor exception.

I can't say I won't ever forget, what with the onset of age-induced befuddlement.

@ Big Bank_Hank, are you inferring a poll is in order?

cheers, omc

Virtualbody1234
12-12-2003, 03:46 AM
Don't give up so easily. It's not over.

K-lite lives on.

kAb
12-12-2003, 03:56 AM
the board is changing, but i don't think the board name should be changed.

we gotta remember our roots ;)

Rat Faced
12-12-2003, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@12 December 2003 - 03:46

K-lite lives on.
yep

Rappy
12-12-2003, 05:09 AM
u guys are makeing me sad

BawA
12-12-2003, 06:41 AM
Never change the name

Dale
12-12-2003, 07:36 AM
i think Kazaa lite is going downhill, but its people that keep it going.

as long as this forum exists there is still a chance that Kazaa Lite may come back, it also depends on Sharmin Networks. if they can make a decent client we can hack :lol: .

i'm patiently waiting for 3.0 to see what that can do!

Broken
12-12-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@12 December 2003 - 03:46

K-lite lives on.
It's not over yet. ;)

guit_steel
12-12-2003, 12:52 PM
Great post, J'Pol. It's too bad that KL is going down and I will always be tankful to the devs, but let's be honest, if FT continues to deteriorate in quality over the next 12 months as it has over the past 12, would u still be using it?

Again, thanx for the ride guys. I couldn't have asked for a better teacher as a nb.

Wizzandabe
12-12-2003, 12:57 PM
Well said. Respect goes out to you all. B) :)

Rat Faced
12-12-2003, 01:37 PM
I have forced supernode for the last week.

In that time, i have mainly connected to k-lite users for downloading (I wonder why)...

Although there has been a slight drop in speed, the quality of files i have been getting has increased so much that the speed drop was inconsequential.

The message about forcing supernode is obviously spreading, as i get more sources each time i use it, rather than the less that you would expect.....we may be creating that thing that Kazaa said wouldnt happen, a subnetwork within fastrack.

As i've said before...that is their loss, as we have on average a much greater proportion of sharers, and our file quality is better...thanks to avipreview etc.

In addition, due to this boards encouragement of the use of other p2p programs over the last year...we often have the new files first....again, that must hurt kazaa users more than us.

Makes me wonder why we want a new K++ that is based on V2.6 :lol:

guit_steel
12-12-2003, 02:14 PM
I have noticed that a greater proportion of my ul go to KL users now that I've forced supernode (at least 90%). If this option is successful in creating a subnetwork, then why even bother with a version of K++ based on 2.6? Why should we seed the FT network for Sharman? Let the bastards starve.

Sparkle1984
12-12-2003, 04:10 PM
Don't be so negative J'Pol. I won't give up on k-lite !!
I will always share my files here and take part in this forum. :D

cosmic doobie
12-12-2003, 06:08 PM
:D
Excellent work everyone - hopefully the KMD users will become disillusioned before us!!

ThePlasticSurgeon
12-12-2003, 10:06 PM
The people who use kazaa lite may be the ones who are sharing files, but we need to move on to a more advanced protocol. This forum will hopefully be here for a long time (and it will still be frequented by social outcasts :lol:) but J'Pol (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showuser=6704) is right (I haven't used kazaa lite for a long time).