PDA

View Full Version : How To Be A Supernode Properly?

AcidReign
12-12-2003, 01:13 PM
ive seen others with this problem but no solution yet... i force being a supernode and then theres only 1 user online, which of course is me, so how do i become supernode and still have all the users online?

Rat Faced
12-12-2003, 01:41 PM
Unforce supernode to start off with.

Connect as normal, Jump supernode 5 or 6 times.

THEN force supernode.

You may have to jump supernode a few times again, until it latches onto one of the ones you previously hit (or a new one)

Dont ask me why this works...I dont know.

:lol: :lol:

AcidReign
12-12-2003, 02:46 PM
thats not working... i tried it for last 20 mins and still only 1 user...

random nut
12-12-2003, 02:52 PM
Possible reasons:

- There might only be KMD 2.5+ supernodes in your area.
- You can't be behind a router (kazaa needs a lot of ports for itself)

Cotton
12-12-2003, 03:37 PM
Force being a supernode has never worked for me!!

Under advance tab of KL Options just Untick 'Do Not Function As A SuperNode' and you will now function as a supernode.

Force being a supernode doesnt work.

cosmic doobie
12-12-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Cotton@12 December 2003 - 14:37
Force being a supernode has never worked for me!!

Under advance tab of KL Options just Untick 'Do Not Function As A SuperNode' and you will now function as a supernode.

Force being a supernode doesnt work.
;)
You MUST have a FAST Always ON connection otherwise it defeats being a supernode in the first place.

AcidReign
12-13-2003, 03:52 PM
well i do have a very fast always on connection, but i do have a router, and 1 guy said thats why... so i guess i cant be supernode cuz of my router?

internet.news
12-14-2003, 07:45 AM
I one time tried it our "Force to be..." and first minutes there was only 1 User
online, but after a few minutes I got the other Users.

I think it searches for another K++ Supernode.

Ever Kazaa version below 2.5+ works for Fasttrack as far as I hear.
And the new official Kazaa version is dumbshit, cause it slow down my whole computer... Because of third party ad software I cannot run it!

I will surely stay at K++ ;)

cosmic doobie
12-14-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by AcidReign@13 December 2003 - 14:52
well i do have a very fast always on connection, but i do have a router, and 1 guy said thats why... so i guess i cant be supernode cuz of my router?
:o
You need to give K-Lite FULL access rights in your router settings - As random said it uses many ports when operating as a Supernode.

AcidReign
12-18-2003, 01:46 PM
my router was plug in play basicly, so i dont even know how to access router settings, cuz i nvr had to.