PDA

View Full Version : Any 1 Tried This ...

p2pmaster
12-12-2003, 08:10 PM
anyone tried the program Mytunes (http://mytunes.linu.cx/)

i dont know whether to give it a try does it look ok to you guys and does anyone else use it or has tried it?

guit_steel
12-13-2003, 12:30 AM
Isn't it primarily to facilitate the purchase of songs — whether online or in a place like Best Buy? I thought iTunes was a for profit deal (99 cents a song and all that).

camille
12-13-2003, 12:32 AM
Never tried it.

p2pmaster
12-13-2003, 01:49 PM
nah i dont fink i'll try it anywayz lol

BawA
12-13-2003, 02:34 PM
sounds like i-tune

Prince of Darkness
12-14-2003, 10:51 AM
Doesn't sound good anyway :P

ThePlasticSurgeon
12-14-2003, 01:59 PM
I think you guys have mistaken what this program does. MyTunes (http://mytunes.linu.cx/) allows you to obtain music files which other people on the network are streaming using iTunes (http://www.apple.com/itunes/). It is not a program which facilitates buying music online.

Prince of Darkness
12-15-2003, 10:59 AM
that is so cool ;)

tracydani
12-15-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by ThePlasticSurgeon@14 December 2003 - 15:59
I think you guys have mistaken what this program does.
It's not neccessary to know what you are talking about when all your gonna do is talk trash :rolleyes:

The only person who had any interest that responded to this thread was possibly guit_steel and yourself.

Looks like a good way to get free music if that's what you're into :)

Any new source is a good source.

*****Why is MyTunes necessary?
iTunes is mainly meant to be used as a music manager and means of purchasing music online. However, in addition to purchasing music, one can listen to any of the music shared by others on a network. So, for example, if another person on your network has iTunes and decides to share his music, you can listen to it. iTunes does not allow you to save this music to your hard drive.

MyTunes adds this previously unimplemented feature by allowing you to save music from other computers to your hard drive.***

TD

infamousalbo101
12-18-2003, 02:22 AM
New version 1.2 out. Fixes minor bug, adds minor features. Download is on your left.

What is MyTunes?
On Thursday, October 16, 2003, iTunes was released for Windows. iTunes is a piece of free software that allows you to play music and optionally purchase music online. In three days it was downloaded over one million times and is poised to become the standard digital jukebox for Windows.

On Sunday, October 26, 2003, MyTunes was released for Windows. MyTunes is a free program that runs along side iTunes and gives it added capabilities. MyTunes is available for Windows only.

The CNET story on MyTunes described it as a "stream capturer". This is wrong. MyTunes allows you to obtain the exact original file, unlike "stream capturers", which record audio as it's streaming and save the recorded audio to disk.

Note: MyTunes is in no way associated with Apple Computer. All mentioned copyrights are property their respective owners.

Why is MyTunes necessary?
iTunes is mainly meant to be used as a music manager and means of purchasing music online. However, in addition to purchasing music, one can listen to any of the music shared by others on a network. So, for example, if another person on your network has iTunes and decides to share his music, you can listen to it. iTunes does not allow you to save this music to your hard drive.

MyTunes adds this previously unimplemented feature by allowing you to save music from other computers to your hard drive.

Note: Some users have experienced problems when downloading many songs at once. In order to decrease the probability of something going wrong, it is suggested that you limit downloading to somewhere around 4 or 5 downloads at a time.

Where can I download MyTunes?
MyTunes can be downloaded here.

iTunes can be downloaded from the Apple website, at www.itunes.com.

How do I use MyTunes?
Make sure iTunes is not running.
Download MyTunes and follow the installation instructions.
Open iTunes
Open MyTunes
Use iTunes to connect to a shared computer. If you see no shared computers, MyTunes will not be useful for you.
Begin playing a song. You should see that song appear on the MyTunes window.
Double click on the song in MyTunes to save the file to your hard drive. For additional options, right click on the music item.
Who created MyTunes?
MyTunes was written by Bill Zeller. Inquiries should be sent to [email protected]. Again, MyTunes has absolutely no association, neither implied nor expressed, with Apple or any of its subsidiaries.

Additional Notes

If you plan on stealing music, do not download this software. If you plan on infringing upon copyrights, do not download this software. Only download this software if you plan on acting responsibly.

Warranty: There is absolutely no warranty of any kind whatsoever with this software. The software is provided to you "AS-IS", and all risks and losses associated with its use are assumed by you. In no event shall the author of this software, Bill Zeller, be held accountable for any damages or losses that may occur from use or misuse of the software. Use at your own risk.

And remember, copyright infringement is illegal. If you have any question whether what you're doing constitutes an infringement, visit the RIAA's great anti-piracy website.