PDA

View Full Version : Slow Dls From Emule

JunkBarMan
12-13-2003, 04:40 AM
Ok, first off, I have a high ID, 3.0mb/s dl and 256k/s ul connection and have tweaks all port that I have needed to. I have followed every guide that I have found and read most threads I have found on this, but I still am getting max dls of 5-10 kb/s. :angry: So what gives? these are uploads speeds and that's if I have 10 at once! Never have I had this problem with K-Lite until lately. The highest dl I have seen with eMule was like 20kb/s and that's really crappy if you ask me, I have had 200-300kb/s with other programs. Could there be another problem that I am not aware of? Is this just a slow share program? Please suggest. I really could use them.
Thanks.

Edit: In fact I just looked at my stats and my average dl speed is 7.50 kB/s and max per session was 17.13 kB/s. Are those stats good for eMule, because they just seem kind of low to me is all.

Vargas
12-13-2003, 04:49 AM
1) limit your upload speed to 20 kBs
2) don't share alot of files

JunkBarMan
12-13-2003, 05:22 AM
Thanks that has seemed to increase the overall dl rate.

guit_steel
12-13-2003, 07:18 PM
Check out thisiswhoare's FAQ (http://emuleplus.sourceforge.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=3475). It's one of the best I've come across; I've been using eMule for a while and still picked up a couple of good tips.

bball_1523
12-14-2003, 08:04 AM
I think I've done pretty much all of all the guides tips...and I still get slow dl speeds...BUT

Now I have a problem where I cannot even connect to download. It queues in only like 7 queues, and I do look for the high queue number downloads. What's wrong here?

Mr. Blunt
12-14-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by bball_1523@14 December 2003 - 00:04
Now I have a problem where I cannot even connect to download. It queues in only like 7 queues, and I do look for the high queue number downloads. What's wrong here?
Ain't the queues that are lower better? :huh:

So you don't have to wait as long?

thisiswhoweare
12-14-2003, 10:56 AM
the lower the number, the closer you are to being able to download.
post settings you use, computer specs, and connections spec and i'll see whats wrong.

ck-uk
12-14-2003, 11:26 AM
I think he may mean its only connecting to around 7 users,even thou hes choosing files with more. :unsure:

SeK612
12-14-2003, 12:57 PM
All I do is open emule and let it get on with things. I did configure it a bit to begin with but I've found that just leaving it for a while allows it to connect to the relevant people and get downloading. As far as I can see I get a net download speed of roughly the max for my connection which is pretty good :). I just limit it a bit when I need to use the net for other things simultaneously.